+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DEFIANCE 2050 XBOX ONE/PC/STEAM DEFIANCE D13 XBOX 360/PC/STEAM

Any plans to port Defiance 2050 to the XBOX SERIES X AND PLAYSTATION 5?

Are there any plans to bring Defiance 2050 to the next Gen systems? We are one year out to the Release of both of these new systems! Can you the CMs give us any info on what is going to happen to Defiance? With how Defiance D13 is running on the 360 and ps3, it seems to me that it is most likely going to be killed off, at least on the consoles! But I could see Defiance 2050 being ported over to the next Gen consoles, and still being very profitable. Is there any talk of this? Can you tell us what the future plans are? Anything? @ Medjed and Pax
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

From my understanding at least the ps5 would be backwards compatible with ps4 games.
    Not sure how it would work for the xbox.

But lets be honest, how much longer can you play a game that gets no new content?

This game has been out for riughly 17 months and we have nothing new. Its not even up to par with the original.

What they really need to do is bring in the expos and i thought therebwas another thing and bring in something that just 2050 has. Otherwise i don't believe they would have the player base to even worry about the game.

Nothing new in the game by the end of march im done with it. Dont see why i should support the game when gambio wont support it.

Getting old doing the same thing every day.

I also think no one should spend anymore money on the game until they do bring new content to the game. That there would at least show us that they are going to support the game.

Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by mr8liner View Post
    I also think no one should spend anymore money on the game until they do bring new content to the game. That there would at least show us that they are going to support the game.
    Winner winner chicken dinner
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDMCHICAGO View Post
    Are there any plans to bring Defiance 2050 to the next Gen systems? We are one year out to the Release of both of these new systems! Can you the CMs give us any info on what is going to happen to Defiance? With how Defiance D13 is running on the 360 and ps3, it seems to me that it is most likely going to be killed off, at least on the consoles! But I could see Defiance 2050 being ported over to the next Gen consoles, and still being very profitable. Is there any talk of this? Can you tell us what the future plans are? Anything? @ Medjed and Pax
    I do not recommend playing Defiance 2050 on a Playstation 5 console. Defiance 2050 causes blue screens, controller issues, etc. playing this unstable game using a Playstation 5 would be disastrous smh lol.

**** D13 is about to destroy my second PS3. All the constant crashes have taken their toll.

PS5 is fully backwards compatible with the PS4.

Xbox Series X is fully backwards compatible with the Xbox One and inherits backwards compatibility with the same 360 and Original Xbox games.

While they could recompile the game in an attempt to increase performance I doubt they’d see any benefit. Following tradition it would require spinning up new servers for each platform. It would make more sense to try to take advantage of Sony’s current largesse in terms of cross-platform play and unite Xbox One, PS4 and PC onto the same servers and thus the next generation would make 5 platforms running 2050 in the same space. They’d have to implement new code to bring a Defiance-only Friends list that the consoles would have to bridge with their native ones but that would require far less than recompiling and certifying a version for the next generation consoles.

Buy, sell, trade and socialize at the Hulker Cafe

You are hoping to much. They even can't fix the chaotic shotgun reloads...

all I have to say why move this broken game over to the new x thire never going to fix it and the mods never replay back. and this game dying let it go R.I.P.

9.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #9
    We have no information about the new console support yet.

I’ll bring that question up but no matter what the future answer would be first thing is to get bugfixes and a new content for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    We have no information about the new console support yet.

I’ll bring that question up but no matter what the future answer would be first thing is to get bugfixes and a new content for the game.
    Have you by chance had the time to read up on the long list of bugs that have been in 2050 since launch that still have not been fixed? Trophies, in game pursuits, weapon bugs... the list goes on and on. Don’t even try reading the list of bugs regarding classic Defiance. Most notability, DLC trophies that never unlocked spite having met the in-game prerequisites and the trading exploit that, instead of fixing, players were merely cautioned on who they traded with. Lost a lot of players because of classic Defiance bugs being ignored then lost most of the remaining vets because of misleading nonsense that became the 2050 launch.

I realize you haven’t been around that long but I’d recommend reading up on the history of “bug fixes” as well as all the post of anger and frustration that litter this forum since the launch of 2050. As for new content. Don’t see it happening. Sorry. I used to be a huge supporter of Defiance and the devs we had back then. But, there was a lot that happened over the years. Some stuff that can not be posted here. Some of those devs left, CM’s left, and here we are.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

+ Reply to Thread