+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

  Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: proto question

  1. #31
    Member DEATHBRINGER210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,366
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    I don't know which money goes where, but I suspect they keep D50 up because the price to keep it running is very minimal, so it's still positive for the company's bottom line. The cost to run the game on an AWS is minimal and it's relative to the amount of players on the server, so as long as they don't put any money on it (other than the AWS), D50 is probably earning-positive. Same for D13. So they're trying to monetize that asset, and they're probably succeeding because they don't spend a dime to fix anything. And let's be honest, they know as well as we do that even if they spent tons of money to get every bug fixed, the player base would merely stop dwindling, it wouldn't start increasing.

    I don't think people understand the business model of gamigo. People think gamigo is a game company, but it's not. They're more like the corporate raiders who buy depreciated assets at distressed prices, fire most of the staff (definitely fire everyone in R&D), and just finish selling whatever is left of inventory before closing the shop.

    What's a lot more puzzling to me is who spends actual money on this game and why? At this point in the lifecycle of consoles, you can get pretty good games, new or used, for about 10$ each. I fail to see how a 25$ voidrunner pack (for example) makes any sense compared to 2 or 3 full (good) games. And the PC version of D50 might live for a while, but I don't see the console versions getting ported to the next generation, and when the next consoles come out and people upgrade, the player base will dwindle even more. At some point, even the low costs of cloud servers will cost too much for the revenue that so few players can generate.
    i see a lot of pass users still on d13. and their server service has gone to shtako . did they also get their cloud service thru wish.com ?

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    Hence the reason for the "2018's worst cash grab" comment in my signature.
    Well, you're the only one who paid for it. Everyone else downloaded it for free. They sure didn't grab any cash from me.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    i see a lot of pass users still on d13. and their server service has gone to shtako . did they also get their cloud service thru wish.com ?
    I think they get their cloud services from amazon (sot sure though), but it's not the problem. The cloud service only provides what it provides; if you run crappy code on it, the service is still gonna be garbage. Pretty sure there's a lot of "new" without matching "delete" in that code. It's probably awful.

    Not sure who still plays D13 and why, but I'm fairly certain that those of us who never paid a dime to play D50 will mostly move on to different games when new consoles come out. I still have my PS2, but it hasn't been turned on in 10+ years, so I expect that when I get a PS5, my PS4 will essentially be out of commission. No reason to play old games if new ones are better.

  4. #34
    Member KevinVonBach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Springwood
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Well, you're the only one who paid for it. Everyone else downloaded it for free.
    I'm the only one who paid for it?

    Doubtful, considering the advertisement of "early access" after paying for it - before it officially launched.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

  5. #35
    Member DEATHBRINGER210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,366
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    I think they get their cloud services from amazon (sot sure though), but it's not the problem. The cloud service only provides what it provides; if you run crappy code on it, the service is still gonna be garbage. Pretty sure there's a lot of "new" without matching "delete" in that code. It's probably awful.

    Not sure who still plays D13 and why, but I'm fairly certain that those of us who never paid a dime to play D50 will mostly move on to different games when new consoles come out. I still have my PS2, but it hasn't been turned on in 10+ years, so I expect that when I get a PS5, my PS4 will essentially be out of commission. No reason to play old games if new ones are better.
    2050 is better? yep better are games out there .

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    I'm the only one who paid for it?

    Doubtful, considering the advertisement of "early access" after paying for it - before it officially launched.
    I'm actually surprised to hear that there was way to pay for it, period.

    Personally I would never pay for early access to a free video game, no matter what game it is. Unless maybe if the price was completely insignificant, like 5-10$. But then that wouldn't be much of a cash grab.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    2050 is better? yep better are games out there .
    And there will be even better games on PS5. Care to take a bet on the longevity of PS4/XB1 versions of D50 past the release of the new consoles?

  8. #38
    The game originally came out on DVD. Still have it. That was 2013, don't remember it being free at first, though it might have been.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by stayloc View Post
    The game originally came out on DVD. Still have it. That was 2013, don't remember it being free at first, though it might have been.
    D13 came out on dvd on ps3 in 2013 (hence the name of d13). D50 came out for download on ps4 in 2018. This is about D50.

  10. #40
    Member Ryu Soba JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,348
    Lots of off topic discussion here.

    The weapons in question are Tirade (it’s an lmg, saw a player with it in game) and Outburst. There was another one that starts with an E but it’s my understanding it was for an event that was cancelled?

    These are the only prototypes I do not have. My question was how are they obtained? If two of the Guns are behind a pay wall and not in the Ex Inanis loot table then that makes it unfair for the rest of us who didn’t spend money in game.

    I personally stopped spending money when the dev team stopped fixing bugs. Weapon bugs, mini game bugs, pursuit and trophy bugs. It’s been over a year and all still exist.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts