+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post

You're welcome to post the same rant in 2025, when D100 is 4-5 years old on PS5. You're gonna get the same answer.
    Good point. The arrival of PS5 will hardly punch D2050 simply because it's not even competitive with other PS4 games so PS5 will be the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Core View Post
    The statement "Huh, so what?" pretty much explains your sense of the facts, your constant desire to exclaim that a dead gone company Trion and a new completely different company Gamigo are some how the same, and a reason your old complaints mean diddly squat now is again another reason you should go find somewhere else to to exist until you can reason coherently again, the game and forum does not need anyone doing this constant irrational mud slinging imo.

Everyone tried to make the game better when Trion ran it, that epic failure of Trion to fix things hurt us all to say the least, but that is no excuse to drag that old anger and blame over to the new people (devs techs or whatever) that are trying to do something good for us all today.

If you do go away and come back and see the same things to raise issues about then fine, but how about you reset your deriding emotional commentary long enough to give Gamigo a good chance to fix what they can about these games for us all?
    Just to respond to the comparisons between Trion and Gamigo (I spent a while drafting this post, sorry for the delay):

I see where you are coming from Core (taking into account when you started playing). And when we first heard about the acquisition and started dealing with Gamigo, I hoped that things might improve.

Sadly, despite the apparent enthusiasm of some of the CMs, there have been numerous hold-ups and stumbling blocks. But apart from that: I think things like the complete lack of proper illustrated lists of new jackpots for original Defiance (which should not be technically challenging to make), the issues with Karma not working for long periods ... these are things that are worse than what we saw with Trion.
    For example, after reading this thread, Trion seemed a bit more open about some aspects of the development process. At least, for a while, we had the live streams and they talked about things in a bit more detail (granted, one could argue they often dodged some questions etc) and were not quite so secretive. At least we knew the names of a few ‘Devs’ and what kind of things they were working on.

There does seem to very little sign of any developers at Gamigo (on the forum etc) ... and we only get a brief message from Destromathe about every 5 or 6 months (what is going there? Is he working on other projects at Gamigo? Is he helping to produce other games there?) And that was after Zephkial left and Destro said he "and the team are 100% committed to filling the gap that is left", back in June 2019: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?327042-Defiance-Team-Changes-Zephkial

I suspect they are having to work on other projects (for example, perhaps Gamigo wants to make some of their other games playable on consoles), because when they were predominately focused on Defiance back at Trion, we used to hear more from them and even got live streams. Defiance 2050 is still a relatively "new product" for them (launched in April 2018), so I would have thought they would want to do more streams for that. For comparison, they used to do streams for original Defiance in 2017, 4 years after it launched.

Gamigo initially retained approx. 50 Trion staff. So they are and were not all newcomers to the Trion games and code etc. And that was 14 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    The total number of remaining Trion staff is more likely to be 50 (25 at each studio), not 25 (as was first reported on Gamasutra):

Quote Originally Posted by Gamasutra
    Update: A source close to the matter has said that roughly 25 employees remain at each studio, indicating that around 50 remain at Trion overall and over 150 were affected by the layoffs altogether.) According to that information, the remaining developers at both the company’s Redwood City, California and Austin, Texas offices have been affected by the layoffs.
    Link: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3..._by_Gamigo.php
    Therefore several of the people who worked on Defiance at Trion, were employed by Gamigo (or perhaps Gamigo US). For example, here Destromathe is talking about being a small team (this was before Zephkial left), 6 months after the announcement of Gamigo’s purchase. Destromathe, Zephkial, Rarnok etc were all ex-Trion staff then working for Gamigo US:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post2158972

Please see this post for other ex-Trion staff who were subsequently employed to work at Gamigo:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post2163010

In summary: Destromathe, Rarnok, Zephkial, Fasti, BoneSaw, Mobi, Joe Garfield (and possibly others) all worked on Defiance for Trion and then Gamigo / Gamigo US for a while, at least (we know Fasti and Zephkial left, whilst BoneSaw seemed to be employed on an 'ad hoc' basis or something).
    I just think that might be worth bearing in mind when comparing the two companies.

On balance, I think problems arose from moving to the cloud based server which were unavoidable. I would have hoped they tested it first, for example, by moving some of their internal game servers to the cloud ... but who knows.
    We don’t know if there are any new developers, software engineers etc who have joined the Defiance team from Gamigo. So I can see if these new staff might be unfamiliar with the code and the game ... and it might take them a while to plough through. But it’s been over a year since the transition to Gamigo.

I think the real problem is a matter of priority at Gamigo (as it seemed with Trion: except Gamigo has 300+ games compared to the handful at Trion). Defiance seems low down, hence the lack of developer appearances here etc. And then original Defiance is even lower than 2050 ... so that just means problems take longer to resolve. AFAIK we never got a list of the Quasar Wave jackpot "weapon cards" showing their stats.
    The fact that we didn’t get an illustrated list of the new Solstice Strike (SS) jackpots is one of the reasons I haven’t renewed my Patron or tried to do more SS majors this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    Unfortunately, as Community Managers we cannot give you a clear answer yet. We have provided community requests to the developers but we have no information about the progress. At this moment it doesn’t mean that we’re getting another year of Arkfall rotation, we just have no answer and no news to share. As soon as we get any information or teasers, we will share them with you.

unfortunately thats the same song and dance we've been getting for years now.
    Liam Devlin - Leader/Chaos Crew D50

"To boldy go where no fist has gone before"

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Just to respond to the comparisons between Trion and Gamigo (I spent a while drafting this post, sorry for the delay):

I see where you are coming from Core (taking into account when you started playing). And when we first heard about the acquisition and started dealing with Gamigo, I hoped that things might improve.

Sadly, despite the apparent enthusiasm of some of the CMs, there have been numerous hold-ups and stumbling blocks. But apart from that: I think things like the complete lack of proper illustrated lists of new jackpots for original Defiance (which should not be technically challenging to make), the issues with Karma not working for long periods ... these are things that are worse than what we saw with Trion.
    For example, after reading this thread, Trion seemed a bit more open about some aspects of the development process. At least, for a while, we had the live streams and they talked about things in a bit more detail (granted, one could argue they often dodged some questions etc) and were not quite so secretive. At least we knew the names of a few ‘Devs’ and what kind of things they were working on.

There does seem to very little sign of any developers at Gamigo (on the forum etc) ... and we only get a brief message from Destromathe about every 5 or 6 months (what is going there? Is he working on other projects at Gamigo? Is is helping to produce other games there?) And that was after Zephkial left and Destro said he "and the team are 100% committed to filling the gap that is left." back in
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...anges-Zephkial

I suspect they are having to work on other projects (for example, perhaps Gamigo wants to make some of their other games playable on consoles), because when they were predominately focused on Defiance back at Trion, we used to hear more from them and even got live streams. Defiance 2050 is still a relatively "new product" for them (launched in April 2018), so I would have thought they would want to do more streams for that. For comparison, they used to do streams for original Defiance in 2017, 4 years after it launched.

Gamigo initially retained approx. 50 Trion staff. So they are and were not all newcomers to the Trion games and code etc. And that was 14 months ago.

Therefore several of the people who worked on Defiance at Trion, were employed by Gamigo (or perhaps Gamigo US). For example, here Destromathe is talking about being a small team (this was before Zephkial left), 6 months after the announcement of Gamigo’s purchase. Destromathe, Zephkial, Rarnok etc were all ex-Trion staff then working for Gamigo US:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post2158972

Please see this post for other ex-Trion staff who were subsequently employed to work at Gamigo:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post2163010

In summary: Destromathe, Rarnok, Zephkial, Fasti, BoneSaw, Mobi, Joe Garfield (and possibly others) all worked on Defiance for Trion and then Gamigo / Gamigo US for a while, at least (we know Fasti and Zephkial left, whilst BoneSaw seemed to be employed on an 'ad hoc' basis or something).
    I just think that might be worth bearing in mind when comparing the two companies.

On balance, I think problems arose from moving to the cloud based server which were unavoidable. I would have hoped they tested it first, for example, by moving some of their internal game servers to the cloud ... but who knows.
    We don’t know if there are any new developers, software engineers etc who have joined the Defiance team from Gamigo. So I can see if these new staff might be unfamiliar with the code and the game ... and it might take them a while to plough through. But it’s been over a year since the transition to Gamigo.

I think the real problem is a matter of priority at Gamigo (as it seemed with Trion: except Gamigo has 300+ games compared to the handful at Trion). Defiance seems low down, hence the lack of developer appearances here etc. And then original Defiance is even lower than 2050 ... so that just means problems take longer to resolve. AFAIK we never got a list of the Quasar Wave jackpot "weapon cards" showing their stats.
    The fact that we didn’t get an illustrated list of the new Solstice Strike (SS) jackpots is one of the reasons I haven’t renewed my Patron or tried to do more SS majors this time.

excellent summation of the facts. nice work.

Making mention of the Ps5 in this forum is like talking about football in a cooking show (I say it with all due respect).
    I love this game and I have bet on moving on to the next generation, and despite the lack of "promised" content, I still enjoy it ... to a lesser extent, of course.
    However, with another new generation of consoles on the horizon and the lack of content responses that could have been included and will not be in Def'50 (apparently never) , I only wish an honorable final for this great game (IMO) that accompanied us for so many years.

ID: Alahali671 - PSN: Fingers865
    Leader in "Defiance Terminators" (Ps3) -"Terminators" (Ps4)
    Pwr: 5000 - Pursuit rating: 1535 - Flawless crystals: 50

(The sig-tag is another creation of Tau)

ROTFLMFAO. See the new CM's are no better or worse than the last one's You saw how long the last one's lasted. Give it up gang the game is done and done. There are no devs anymore. The game has not been worked on or improved in any meaningful way since Gamigo took it over. It really is time to move along as there is nothing further to see here.

All you have left here is the grind and no reward for grinding.
    Quoting Crasher; "You're really not even trying, anymore."

Really lad it is just a lack of consideration and communication as always. In the larger scheme of things their customers do not matter.

it's great to see the stupid twitter posts are back in full swing.

Hmphhh Go figure.
    Quoting Crasher; "You're really not even trying, anymore."

Really lad it is just a lack of consideration and communication as always. In the larger scheme of things their customers do not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Fireguard View Post
    All you have left here is the grind and no reward for grinding.
    Quoted for truth.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Why add content to either game when people routinely gamble on bit store trash? 4Head

+ Reply to Thread