+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aegis Synergy

Aegis Synergy

I’ve been tested this new synergy lately. IMO this synergy is average. My Monster Mash Vitality synergy works better.

My Aegis setup is:
    Tier 5
    Core output 1,300
    4 Flawless, 2 polished crystals

If you look at it’s bonus list it’s support to increase shield capacity and armor durability along with better recharge and delay rates and increased damage.

But for me, it’s just not good enough

I keep it simple and only use two criteria when evaluating synergies. Weapons and their special effects do play a factor with synergies so I mixed the weapons up including using frigid.

1. Survival rate, how often do I go down.
    2. Where I finish when the event is over.

IMO it failed number 1. I was going down more frequently than my Monster Mash synergy, which is at Tier 4. 1 step lower.

That was enough for me. As far as number 2, at its best the same as Monster Mash.

Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    I've still got just 3 cut and 2 polished stones in there. so it's going to be ignored.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

While I don't really feel Synergies in and of themselves effect score as much as the actual weapons. They can definitely have an influence.
    Score is more dependent on the Weapon Synergy, Weapon Element and competence.
    That being said: Comparing Aegis to Monster Mash is immediately biased. Especially when "survivability" is a factor.
    Monster Mash has more survival built into it. Just because of Vampire's Kiss.
    Eg. I rarely go down. And with Vampire's Kiss, that one time you would have gone down gets erased.
    Anywho: I usually run a Voltaic loadout against Volge anyway (With a hint of Predator, a dash of Rampage, and a sprinkle of Merciless).
    And a friggin' Tempest. Because: Tempest is Volgebane. Period. All other weapons are pretenders.
    While I do muck around with the Synergies a bit: You can change the enemy name and the main element using the same basic setup (Mutants/Hellbugs = Volcanic. Raiders/Scrappers = Caustic. Shielded enemies = Voltaic. With corresponding ammo to match).
    PC/NA
    Clan:
    Triade Toons: Tesla Whitenoise, Tex Arcana, AJ Katastrovich.
    "The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down. Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee".

Thanks for making my point. You rarely go down with monster mash.

I’m fully aware of which weapons and their affects that worst best against each enemy.

Survivability along with the right set up directly affects how well you do.

That’s what works best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackIceWidow1 View Post
    Thanks for making my point. You rarely go down with monster mash.

I’m fully aware of which weapons and their affects that worst best against each enemy.

Survivability along with the right set up directly affects how well you do.

That’s what works best for me.
    Again, surviving is more to do with with other factors.
    Aegis is a better DPS Synergy than Monster Mash.
    So comparing the two seems...less important.
    It's more about what you're doing with the Synergy. And the loadout.
    Want a DPS boost on Engineer turret build (Who has high dps already)?
    Run Aegis.
    Want survivability in a San Fran DM Arkfall?
    Do the 'Mash.
    PC/NA
    Clan:
    Triade Toons: Tesla Whitenoise, Tex Arcana, AJ Katastrovich.
    "The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down. Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee".

I have all synergies crystals filled except one. Predator is missing one. Rampage is at level 6, merciless level 6, caustic 4, fire 5. I’ve used all these and the others extensively. I have every proto except the two listed in error. I have prime weapons and other oj’s from every event fully modded.

I’ve used and still use synergies with various weapons except predator. I don’t start testing a synergy unless it has all 6 crystals. Since some synergies aren’t affects specific there’s a lot of combos.

I have 6 load outs each with a different synergy and I do change them.

I’m fully aware of how to match synergies, weapons, grenades, shields, and toon class.

My system works best for me. You have your way. I hope it works out for you.

Aegis is a direct survivability synergy with all the supposed enhancements to armor, shields, damage, and recharge and delay rates.

How else to evaluate then compare to monster mash which is the same thing. When I’m looking to have that result from a synergy I’ll choose monster mash every time.