+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Christmas advent event, hit or miss lol

How was this years Christmas event for everyone?
    For my clan and myself, worst xmass event on any game we've ever played!

The solstice strike event was broken from day 1(no JP drops),

also this "community advent calendar event" sounded like good idea, but it was only available to forums.defiance.com members lmfao. Im on 360 so like what 95%+ of our active player base didn't get to participate because they don't use/have access to the forums. I'm sure most of the PC/ps3 player base isn't on here either as only 20-30 d13 players post on here

Then to top off the worst holiday event ever,
    NO SUPREME CHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN PLAYERS!!!

Usually around the holiday seasons game companies try to please their players by incorporating,
    new fun WORKING holiday related events/missions,
    new holiday related items(rigs/guns/shields/boosts,ect),
    Holiday related pursuits/challenges for decent rewards,
    Free rewards for logging in daily,
    And holiday season SALES! (dlc/costumes/monthly passes ect...)

Did anyone get anything from the "free" empowered rig crate?
    Or still have it in claims like me?(waiting for chip issue resolution)

What's everyone else's opinions? Anything to add, good or bad?

Seemed like Pax and Medjed were the only ones from Gamigo that did anything for us for Christmas. The rest of Gamigo pretty much crapped out on us.. except for sticking SS Jp's in pay crates and getting rid of sup chips. wtf

I just claimed my rig crates the first day, then I had enough loyalty for 2 more n got shards from all, but I was expecting that after buying so many over the last years. Never had anything spectacular drop except a couple of chips I still use. That gift from the CM's was better than the opposite of a gift from Gamigo

But yea not vry awesome of a game world Christmas

The advent calendar was a good idea it's just the rewards were useless
    Legendary Gods founder

Quote Originally Posted by Sldr View Post
    The advent calendar was a good idea it's just the rewards were useless
    I agree, it was a good idea, I just didn't like that it was only available to forum users as most players don't use the forums and they got excluded from the "free gifts" And like you said "the rewards were useless" i agrree, only the free crates and a few pullers were good.

I don't know even a NEW patch note screen would of been good,
    maybe with some event info such as,

*the available event jackpots(each JP card shown, not just name)
    *SS event exclusive unlockables (costumes,vehicles,reign deer antlers,ect...)
    *Holiday event runtime (start date -- end date)
    *Community forum event info (advent calendar event)
    *other info anything (no supreme chip issue)

I know we have a patch notes on the forums, but again, why not inform ingame players? Yes we obviously inform them in zone/clan chat but everything seems more official when you can read it on your ingame login screen. Maybe I expect too much, but I don't think so lol

Event was good for me. Pulled one prime, five protos, six legendary. So "shrug" maybe just had a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRJ35 View Post
    Seemed like Pax and Medjed were the only ones from Gamigo that did anything for us for Christmas. The rest of Gamigo pretty much crapped out on us.. except for sticking SS Jp's in pay crates and getting rid of sup chips. wtf

I just claimed my rig crates the first day, then I had enough loyalty for 2 more n got shards from all, but I was expecting that after buying so many over the last years. Never had anything spectacular drop except a couple of chips I still use. That gift from the CM's was better than the opposite of a gift from Gamigo

But yea not vry awesome of a game world Christmas
    I was gunna claim mine but decided not to lmfao not that I think I'm going to get anything when I do open them but I'd rather wait until supremes start dropping again.
    Maybe when the chip issue gets fixed they can give out "new, fresh, working" boxes to every player.
    Hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by stayloc View Post
    Event was good for me. Pulled one prime, five protos, six legendary. So "shrug" maybe just had a good run.
    Very nice, congratulations!
    Maybe it was better on 2050?

It just keeps reminding me of this

Cause it's like our Christmas bonus

Paid money to buy bits to use bits to buy frostpack

Frost pack glitched bits refunded but not sure what to do with the bits now since the store is useless and the rng is killing it .. I will just watch the bits everyday !!

Big ‘miss’ for me.

I'll agree with the OP and say it was the worst holiday event that I've ever played, and I've played my fair share of holiday events.

A holiday event managed by the Grinch himself would've yielded better things, and also felt more festive.

#cashgrab
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Why add content to either game when people routinely gamble on bit store trash? 4Head