+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Colony courtship

Quote Originally Posted by elmoo View Post
    So.. It seems judging by this photo that 2050 has a whole new event

https://twitter.com/DefianceGame/sta...991362/photo/1

Whereas D13 is still left with same ol' Colony Courtship....

https://twitter.com/DefianceGame/sta...442816/photo/1

Just fantastic... D13 getting drudged through the dirt. Again.
    Maybe we'll have upgraded Colony... Nevermind they already said it was broken

This kind of blows :/

Edit* Had to think for a min for something not negative to say (it was hard lol)

OTOH at least they are working on one version of Defiance, maybe D13 is next in line for some upgrades

Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!
    Quote Originally Posted by RJRJ35 View Post
    Somebody quick get the tar and feathers!
    T-Tar Monster?! "Zoinks!"

But I don't think there will be any upgrades for D13. There wasn't much new content (other than "Crit Coast" and recycling, that and the fact that instead of porting D13, they just created a different version entirely) 3 years ago before Trion Worlds Inc. was bought out and hit with enormous lay-offs, so I'd say that chance is even smaller now. Not to mention while D13 is on PC, it is also only available on "old-gen" consoles (x360 & PS3). So whatever attention Defiance manages to grasp, most of it will go to D50. Plus, they are getting ready to yet again release new consoles this coming fall most likely, so X1&PS4 will become the new grandfathers and X360&PS3 will become the great-grandfathers while the great-great-grandfather original Xbox sleeps in it's coffin. I don't know if they are going to port either D13 or D50 to the upcoming consoles or not (as I doubt they will try to create a third version of Defiance to go with the release of upcoming consoles this fall). But if they don't do either, than they can only rely on the players (console-wise) that will still be on X360/PS3 for D13 & X1/PS4 for D50, since majority of console players will probably upgrade to the new console over the next two years. They can keep D13 up on old-gen consoles till hell freezes over as long as old-gen consoles keep their system servers up along with the porting of old-gen games. But keeping it up on the old-gen consoles would be pointless if there is no-one on the old-gen consoles anymore who plays D13 because everyone has migrated to a newer system (provided neither game version is ported, and game popularity vs. company's other games is also a concern when making this decision, like do they find it worth their time and effort or should the majority of their attention be focused elsewhere among their games and future?). Thus, all you would have left is the PC community for D13.

I'm not sure how long they intend to keep the servers open for X360 as they actually did shut down live for the original Xbox on April 15th 2010 (about 10 years after the systems release date). So if and when that happens, D13 will be completely inaccessible on console (not even offline) anyway and only available on the PC platform (provided it's not ported to a newer console, either X1/PS4 or XX[Xbox Series x]). Trion obviously didn't port it and went with making a different version instead. I have no idea what Gamigo intends to do with the series now that they own it, whether they will port it or do nothing with it. Though Gamigo itself seems more like a management company as they really haven't created many games (I think like two based on what I could find, one of which being jointly-developed), but have acquired the rights to many games developed by other companies.. But when you buy ownership of another gaming company and lay-off most of the employees within that company, leaving only a few developers to operate, that's not a very good sign for future progress of that company's titles.

Also, if you go to the Gamgio website, D13 isn't even listed in the Games section if you wanted to download it and play it. D50 is, have to dig a little to find it though. I also noticed that prior to the purchase of Trion Worlds Inc. that they only seemed to be a PC-game company, browsing their various game titles. So I think they still have a lot to learn with console games anyway after hearing of all the mishaps with the console versions of D50. I don't see the lag going away anytime soon on D13 console-version. If Trion Worlds Inc. hadn't been bought-out, it's most likely that Defiance would of been fully shut-down prior. But D13 will continue to run so-long as they are making something off it. Currently, it's not about progress for D13, it's about sustenance with minimum efforts.

As far as D50 goes.. it's just a matter of what higher-ups want to do with it and where they see it going.

I can't verify accuracy of the provided links or if it entails every player, but there is a real irony between the two game populations:
    Defiance 2013 https://steamcharts.com/app/224600
    Defiance 2050 https://steamcharts.com/app/743090 (I noticed there was a significant drop here from July-Aug 2018, going from 2,000+ players to less than 800 and even diminishing from there).

Considering all of this information, I think they are continuing to try and do what Trion was already attempting to do prior to the buy-out and push everyone from D13 to D50, also seeing as how they also have some new event ONLY on the D50 version for this month to attract the Defiance crowd. Logically, it's the right business move considering all the circumstances, however it's clear that the older D13 is more popular among the Defiance community than the newer D50. Generally, businesses are going to promote their newer games and try to move forward rather than put the majority of their focus on their older games. This is just the way the tech world is as well as time flow itself. I mean, you don't exactly see Windows promoting it's Win-95 system anymore.

I know everyone already knows this ..with the significant drops in population. CMs can't really tell you all that unless they want to lose their job.
    I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

Welcome to Defiance:

..And I'm off, excelsior!

Some of us have been bugging them to let the old gem console accounts get ported to pc but I think everybody's kinda waiting around to see what they do with the new xbox's and ps5 coming out in a few months. Maybe they'll port d13 for those? I mean they have made some new synergies and a couple other small things so they are capable of some development. At first I was mad about d50 but now I think they just wanted some version of their games running on xb1 and ps4. But now that the 360 is discontinued except for refurbished ones it's only a matter of time. I heard the new ones will play 360 and ps3 games though so maybe d13 also? Would be cool. Maybe even some cross platform action

Steam charts are pretty much an all time low too, you can see where some came back for the Solstice event n then left right away since it as broke :/ It always seems like with just the minimal amount of work they could make this awesome but nvr do it.

Quote Originally Posted by xSalemx View Post
    T-Tar Monster?! "Zoinks!"

Lol

Lol
    When kids play

Does your signature say ruined *rgasm?

Does your signature say ruined *rgasm?

Right ruined contains 7letters

Quote Originally Posted by Oneworld100 View Post
    Right ruined contains 7letters