+ Reply to Thread

Promoting Defiance 2050

Howdy all!

For the last few months I’ve been working on a promotional project for the game. It will feature multiple long plays, sizzle reels, a full guide and walkthrough and many other elements. After 10 full playthroughs I now have almost all the footage and screenshots I need. I’ve uploaded a few of the guide videos, but as I’m on cable with the slow upload speeds the PC 4K footage is taking a while. In the meantime I’ve gotten a sample page close to a finished state so I thought I’d share the link and hope people will check it out and offer feedback.

http://vgpavilion.com/defiance-2050/guide/tutorial/

This page covers new character generation and the tutorial mission. It features multiple galleries of 4K images and other eye-catching features including adaptive font and element sizing for readability on any screen from a phone to a 4K monitor.

There is one element I need help with: recording all of the co-ops at 4K. I need a group that’s willing to sit through the cutscenes and allow me the time to grab certain images. I’m on PC NA as “clubside” and will be calling out in Zone Saturday afternoon (and Sunday if necessary) so if anyone here is willing to help it will be greatly appreciated.

I’ll be updating this thread as I add more pages to the site. For those who missed my Solstice Strike test video it’s a quickie example of the type of compilation video I plan to create to go along with the straight-up long plays and walkthroughs.

You can see a few of the 4K uploads on the channel and of course there is an embed on the demo page.

Thanks and hope to see you in-game,
    Chris

Buy, sell, trade and socialize at the Hulker Cafe

I think it's a great idea.. When games get popular it's mostly because players find out from other players, not only bc of the company's advertising. These guys have a habit though of making the whole community angry for weeks at a time, maybe if they'd quit doin that things would change. I've never written a review anywhere for Defiance but if they'd fix it up enough I would at least do that.

Thanks RJRJ35. I actually did all this work for Real Defiance a few years ago but never got around to putting it all together which is why I’m racing to get things done now. I just finished up another two missions as well as putting some stub pages in so everyone can go to the start page on the site:

http://vgpavilion.com/defiance-2050/

One “funny” bit: while I will include all controller layouts in the finished guide my playthroughs have been with the Xbox controller so I wanted to set the button images in as I went. The ones on the Settings page are horrible, I have no idea where they got them. The resolution is terrible no matter the platform, some are cut off, the buttons aren’t round and more lol

So I searched around for a decent set of buttons but could never find one with all those needed (particularly the click sticks) so I loaded up a bunch of games trying to find the right set and you wouldn’t believe how many just show a picture of the controller with lines going to the buttons. I finally found some good ones in Just Cause 3, took some work grabbing them as those pages also had issues, but I think they came out pretty well. Joy!

I now have 4K 60fps video on YouTube for character creation, tutorial, Mount Tam and Madera. Each mission is its own video. The first four mission lines of Mount Tam have full walkthroughs on the site.

I’m hoping people will take a little time to browse at least one of the mission line walkthroughs. I realize this is boring noob stuff but I’m looking for feedback about the writing style and readability to new players as I work through the textbook of the storyline.

Thanks!

Hi this is a very good idea, i used to play the old defiance, and I just started today, i want to see more tutorials about classes etc.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantomare View Post
    Hi this is a very good idea, i used to play the old defiance, and I just started today, i want to see more tutorials about classes etc.
    Put your particulars in your sig, about platform and server, to make it easier for guys on your platform to offer info and maybe playing with.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

I did full story playthroughs using each class except for Demolitionist. The current upload (PC 4K) uses Assault until I earned enough Rep to unlock Engineer which is used for San Francisco.

After this series of uploads I will take my Xbox One footage and create longplays for Assault, Assassin, Guardian, Combat Medic, Crusader and Engineer. Eventually I will break out the mission footage to add to the Guide so people can see variations on tackling the missions with different classes, other players around, in the middle of Arkfalls, etc.

After I’ve finished uploads I plan to write the Introduction, Power Rating and Interface Guides. I still need to grab pics of each Class perk so I can include a Class guide.

Just finished all Marin uploads, and am now doing Sausalito. Hoping to get through the entire main story by tomorrow, and the Factions soon after.

Still tons to do. If any of you have read any of the text, any feedback on the writing? Trying to keep things basic, I’m sure I’m over explaining, but really want to make sure it serves all potential audiences.

You know all the basic stuff is still on https://www.defiancedata.com/ ? It's a bit outdated with keys instead of PG, but the basics are the same, and th pursuits are the same.

You do how you feel, but maybe focusing on something different would help.

I’m a big fan of Defiance Data but I’m not trying to do what’s been done there, which is very much a reference. I’m trying to produce something that could be useful to potential players, which is both web and video content. I will also serve the needs of new and existing players but in a very different style, along the lines of old Brady and Prima game guides. While there will be some editorializing sections, they will be separated from the Guide itself, which is being written as just one part of a larger promotional effort for the game.

Yes, there will be some overlap. My older Hulker Cafe site remains as a snapshot in time of Defiance, this project is solely about Defiance 2050, and hope it will be useful to encourage people to check out the game, as well as existing players looking for a more media-rich reference spot.

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    Put your particulars in your sig, about platform and server, to make it easier for guys on your platform to offer info and maybe playing with.
    Done that !
    In Game - Phantomare
    PC-EU D2050