+ Reply to Thread
    DEFIANCE 2050 XBOX ONE/PC/STEAM DEFIANCE D13 XBOX 360/PC/STEAM

Is it possible for future events to let us test these events before release?

Is it possible to let us test these events and or new content before it is released to the general public? There is a few of us here that play on each platform that I'm sure would be very happy to test this stuff for you in advance! Every single one of these events could of ran flawless from the beginning if it was just properly tested before release! Proper testing needs to happen, and the best people to test this stuff is the players who have been here from the beginning! This would be very beneficial for everyone!
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDMCHICAGO View Post
    Is it possible to let us test these events and or new content before it is released to the general public? There is a few of us here that play on each platform that I'm sure would be very happy to test this stuff for you in advance! Every single one of these events could of ran flawless from the beginning if it was just properly tested before release! Proper testing needs to happen, and the best people to test this stuff is the players who have been here from the beginning! This would be very beneficial for everyone!
    I can see this happening again on PC, but it is unlikely that it will ever happen on PS4 and Xbox One. The last event that the PTS had was Event Horizon (which was around 10 months ago, geez time flies...), and although I would say it was one of the better testing periods for Defiance 2050, there were still some issues that made it to the live game. Some issues we did not really have the option to test, while others...might have been the results of time constraints and such. Another thing is the lack of players going on there and testing. If I remember right, the most amount of players I saw at an event major, was somewhere from 7 to 11 (Kylarran or anyone else I tested with back then can feel free to correct me if I got the number wrong). However, event major arkfalls usually have at least triple that, so for us players it is not easy to find the issues there and report them that way. If the PTS does make a return, more than just 1% or 2% (of the total player population) would have to be on at once to help find more issues (such as event major arkfall boss with a decent-sized population at it).

I would not be opposed to the PTS coming back, but perhaps to Gamigo it is a question of "Is it worth it?", or at least, that is what I think about it anyways.
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Quote Originally Posted by Guider View Post
    I can see this happening again on PC, but it is unlikely that it will ever happen on PS4 and Xbox One. The last event that the PTS had was Event Horizon (which was around 10 months ago, geez time flies...), and although I would say it was one of the better testing periods for Defiance 2050, there were still some issues that made it to the live game. Some issues we did not really have the option to test, while others...might have been the results of time constraints and such. Another thing is the lack of players going on there and testing. If I remember right, the most amount of players I saw at an event major, was somewhere from 7 to 11 (Kylarran or anyone else I tested with back then can feel free to correct me if I got the number wrong). However, event major arkfalls usually have at least triple that, so for us players it is not easy to find the issues there and report them that way. If the PTS does make a return, more than just 1% or 2% (of the total player population) would have to be on at once to help find more issues (such as event major arkfall boss with a decent-sized population at it).

I would not be opposed to the PTS coming back, but perhaps to Gamigo it is a question of "Is it worth it?", or at least, that is what I think about it anyways.

I would be good to fight alongside you again in PTS guider
    Liam Devlin - Leader/Chaos Crew D50

"To boldy go where no fist has gone before"

Quote Originally Posted by The Fenian View Post
    I would be good to fight alongside you again in PTS guider
    Agreed. Now only if somehow a compromise could be made for Babydahl's PC, hmm...
    "Knowledge is Power" however "With great power, comes great responsibility", and so one must tread carefully with life. I would advise you not follow me, unless you want to be guided to holes in the ground and have your video game character die. I am just your mysterious guide. That is all that needs to be known down here. Defiance!

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guider View Post
    Agreed. Now only if somehow a compromise could be made for Babydahl's PC, hmm...
    Could we just blow it up, so he has to get something faster than the 486 DX2 he's running?
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

6.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #6
    Currently there is no plan to reopen PTS to the general public. I have no doubt that with the help of players we could make all these events better and fix some spotted bugs before shipping a patch however a proper testing doesn’t mean that you’re getting same outcome on a live server. We all know that some bugs might slip through the cracks.

Current event gave us all some troubles and sleepless nights, we lost some days on it but we tracked the main bugs and issues down.

Even if there is no plan to reopen PTS your feedback is still very important to us and all the hotfixes, we patched during the last days are only because of your reports. So flawless events are possible with or without PTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    We tracked the main bugs and issues down.
    INB4 the weekend.