Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.

Personal observations on syn crystals lately:

This is part of a comment I made in a reply to a bug report:
    [words in red were added to add clarity to the copy/pasta from the reply]

I'm currently running a full battery and enough flawless to run one [flawless crystal] in each slot for the first bonus in Agony, Chaperone, Merciless, Monster and Rampage, with the 6th usually Volcanic or Voltaic depending on which loadout/weapons I'm using.

My Replication set has 2 cut and a polished, so, NFW, it's not even on my radar.

My luck with the flavor of the month event syns is pretty dismal.
    • I have a single polished in Predator.
    • I have 5 cut and a polished in Aegis.
    So I totally discount the new syns until something awsome drops, and it aint happened yet besides the 3 flawless I pulled in Monster.

Out of the last 20 to 24 flawless caches I saw/bought since before the start of the Volge Winterfest- I got 2 [regular syn crystals] that didn't turn to dust.
    And since nothing of note drops at arks naturally but garbage, I don't expect to pay any attention to this syn either.

[End of comment.]

Is anyone else doing much better with the event syns the last few events that they make good use of it/them?

I don't recall seeing any 'Event crystal flawless caches' available for purchase at the end-of-ark vendors.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

in the same boat.way to many doubles .

Of the many MM I made, I only saw two Flawless offers and they weren't exactly "Replication", I received two cut and a polished of the new syn.
    I got 50 flawless but I can tell you that I've repeated as 20.

ID: Alahali671 - PSN: Fingers865
    Leader in "Defiance Terminators" (Ps3) -"Terminators" (Ps4)
    Pwr: 5000 - Pursuit rating: 1535 - Flawless crystals: 56

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    Is anyone else doing much better with the event syns the last few events?
    During Solstice Strike.

1-There is no such thing as "Event crystal flawless caches". The only way to get event items of any kind (guns, mods, crystals, or nade/shield when there was some available) is with the totally random Event cache. That's it. You got no say in the matter. RNG is the name of the game here. Even the major event AF reward or the drops during event AF (when there was any) are NOT event items. So once you've spent all your PG, you could go to a million event majors and you won't get anything event-related.

2-The flawless cache will NOT give you event crystals. There is no way to get event crystals, flawless or other, other than through the event caches (either bought with PG or bits). None. Period. I believe this is made by design to increase the sale of 50 or 100 caches that you can buy with bits.

3-Statistically, it's nearly impossible to get a good set of event crystals (polished and flawless) without buying a LOT of event caches with bits. If you're lucky you might get a flawless with your PG. Very lucky, maybe 2. So if the first synergy buff for a category is bad (like predator's +x% falloff), and all you have is one flawless and a bunch of cuts, then you might as well get nothing.

For people like me who have only 2 loadout, the weapon type synergies (volcanic, voltaic, etc...) are mostly wasted. You end up too often with mismatched weapon and synergy. And if, like me, you mostly run engineer, for which there isn't a class synergy, you pretty much have to rely only on event synergies or some other class ability.

There is no doubt that you’ll have to buy extra pg for events. Myself, I buy the monthly pg package that deposits pg daily for a month. I also keep some bits on hand to occasionally buy the 30 pg package in the bit store for that rare flawless or oj mod that might appear.

Do I spend 100’s of dollars? Not a chance. Do I even spend $100. Not even close.

Do I buy you the the 50 it 100 item boxes? No, I’ve only been burned by that once. I don’t buy those. The only other expensive package I’ve bought was the Voidrunner the first time it was offered.

Also, develop a strategy towards events. I have one for event boxes, crystals, and other things.

My results, I’ll be vague because I’ve been called a liar by so called experts in the game who do useless calculations about how much pg you can get and event boxes you could open in a day. So, by their useless logic I couldn’t possibly have acquired what I say I have. These people don’t know js about the game and how to best use what the game gives you. Using that logic you’ll always get nothing. Figure out how to take advantage of how this game operates.

Event results:

6 crystals in all except predator and the new replicant. Those have 5 each.

Those with 6 are a minimum 4th level tier or above.

So far, 4 oj event weapons, 1 prime. Some fully moded.

Is luck involved? No doubt with this game. But I do feel the strategy I’ve finally developed works for me.

So now go ahead ”know nothings”. Its your turn to call me a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackIceWidow1 View Post
    There is no doubt that you’ll have to buy extra pg for events. Myself, I buy the monthly pg package that deposits pg daily for a month. I also keep some bits on hand to occasionally buy the 30 pg package in the bit store for that rare flawless or oj mod that might appear.

Do I spend 100’s of dollars? Not a chance. Do I even spend $100. Not even close.

Do I buy you the the 50 it 100 item boxes? No, I’ve only been burned by that once. I don’t buy those. The only other expensive package I’ve bought was the Voidrunner the first time it was offered.

Also, develop a strategy towards events. I have one for event boxes, crystals, and other things.

My results, I’ll be vague because I’ve been called a liar by so called experts in the game who do useless calculations about how much pg you can get and event boxes you could open in a day. So, by their useless logic I couldn’t possibly have acquired what I say I have. These people don’t know js about the game and how to best use what the game gives you. Using that logic you’ll always get nothing. Figure out how to take advantage of how this game operates.

Event results:

6 crystals in all except predator and the new replicant. Those have 5 each.

Those with 6 are a minimum 4th level tier or above.

So far, 4 oj event weapons, 1 prime. Some fully moded.

Is luck involved? No doubt with this game. But I do feel the strategy I’ve finally developed works for me.

So now go ahead ”know nothings”. Its your turn to call me a liar.
    liar.

j/k. You are deluding yourself if you think you have a strategy though. Unless you believe paying for PG is a strategy. It really isn't much different than buying event caches, except you go through an intermediary state. The end cost of each box might be different (I haven't made the calculation, and I won't, mostly because I don't care as I won't send money to a company that obstinately refuses to fix any bug), but make no mistake, buying PG to exchange them for event caches is the same as buying event caches directly. A monthly PG package of 30 PG per day over 28 days is 840PG. If you spend them all on event caches, that's 70 caches.

As for the maths, well, maths are kind of irrefutable. They are not a matter of opinion. One can make a mistake in his calculations, but in that case you need to point that mistake, not make vague allegations that they are "useless logic from know nothing". On the other hand, if you don't understand the maths and decide to stay in ignorance, it's on you, not on anyone else.

The best strategy is to surrender to the RNG, the first day of the event I bought 2 cache with PG obtained in the game and received a Prime SS, I participate in these events with the same faith as when I bought a lottery ticket.
    .... although if it were Pitagoras I would try it whit math.

ID: Alahali671 - PSN: Fingers865
    Leader in "Defiance Terminators" (Ps3) -"Terminators" (Ps4)
    Pwr: 5000 - Pursuit rating: 1535 - Flawless crystals: 56

Oh, you’re one of those.

I’m offering advice. Believe what you want. I play ever day. Those like me have a good idea what I have like I do of them. The proofs in the pudding. If you don’t know how to approach this game you don’t know it.

My point is because of the rng math is useless.

Good luck with no strategy. Hope that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackIceWidow1 View Post
    Oh, you’re one of those.

I’m offering advice. Believe what you want. I play ever day. Those like me have a good idea what I have like I do of them. The proofs in the pudding. If you don’t know how to approach this game you don’t know it.

My point is because of the rng math is useless.

Good luck with no strategy. Hope that works for you.
    The first step to make people believe in your strategy (or that you have one) would be to type it down here. So far, you've failed to do that hence you getting called a liar all the time by everyone.

Closed Thread