+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question To Devs: max Faction Rep Achievement activation - Whats the issue fixing?

Genuine question to the devs
    What is the main issue in repairing the Achievements at this point?

This is related to 3 Achievements not unlocking:
    1. Key to Paradise - Max 1 Factions Rep
    2. Widely Reguarded - Max 4 Factions Rep
    3. Legend of Defiance - All Achievements

Game is now coming up to 2 year aniversairy.
    We still after basics, like working Achievements.

Please PLEASE can you poke someone to just look at the activation for the achievement, change the requirement (ie instead of a rep number, maybe the title like honoured/Honored or rank 8, or if numeric, not sure if old total 6000 rep or 1500 for that current rank, but instead of i=1500 change to i>=1498) or something that will jog the activation for players, incase the value is just under or just over, showing as maxed, but not activating achievement because not exact value.
    Even if we had to just buy a weapon and earn back up to max again, atleast it would be achieveable, even if wasnt truely retroactive.

Now we appreciate you have already fixed some achievement, most recently Chasing Shadows, which required 50 capture points in PvP but the modes/maps to do this were not accessable, but you then allowed us to earn within Shadow Wars instead.

Now prehaps this isnt as resolvable an easy....
    but back on Xbox 360 devs were able to retroactively unlock for me some requirements, and half the point moving to the Xbox One was to make things easier on the devs, having a new system/code on modern Hardware.
    If they were able to do it then... whats the issue now...?

So many of us have maxed the factions over and over.
    Please allow us to complete the game we have put 100s of hours into... a second time.
    Also many players from Achievement based communities are actively keeping away from the game BECAUSE it in NOT completable!
    There are listed over 28,000 players on TrueAchievements website who are stuck not being able to complete the game.
    It doesnt reflect well...

-------
    To the community
    Please allow the Devs respond without resorting to..
    "Wah wah you are beating a dead horse"
    "games dead, Trion/Gamingo dont care"
    "Who cares about achievements, i want them to fix ....."
    "Do you honestly expect them to fix anything LOL"
    "Since the buyout, they just milk the whales"

YOU are not adding anything, that has not been said a million times before. Just not valid on EVERY single post!
    Purpose is to get some informed perspective, from the Devs.

Quote Originally Posted by FroZeN View Post
    Purpose is to get some informed perspective, from the Devs.
    Honestly, lots of luck to you in this quest.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

Genuine answer from the devs:

It's actually 4 that are broken! Abundance of ego is also broken for people who had it maxed out before they tried to fix it! It is still broken for me! It can be unlocked by starting another character, but you shouldn't have to do that! I think if these cant be fixed then they should just unlock them for everyone! I can name multiple people that have stopped playing this game because of the broken achievements, and others that refuse to play this game because they know that there are broken achievements! There are alot of achievement hunters on XBOX, and alot of players that pride themselves on completing games! Also for the players who unlocked all the ones on D13 like myself it is a major let down that there are 4 broken ones on 2050! This should of been on the top of the list to be fixed and here we are still asking for this to be fixed! You sure fix the store quick if there is an issue there! Just credit them to everyone already if you cant fix these! This will make so many people happy! This should be TOP priority in my opinion!
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    Honestly, lots of luck to you in this quest.
    *Nods* Well its for the benefit of us all. However doubtfull its completion

Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Genuine answer from the devs:
    xD More than likely. Every few months I do try, and last time we did get the 50 Captures changed.. eventually

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDMCHICAGO View Post
    Abundance of ego is also broken. It can be unlocked by starting another character, but you shouldn't have to do that!
    When they brought out the patch, I believe they brought out another Class. I completed that and got the achievement, so I had done 6 Classes by then, you really maxed all of them?
    Well although annoying, with the achievements I mentioned, theres NO way to get them to complete. Theres just no way around it that the community has found & unfortunatly MANY people did blitz another character to get it done
    Theres a big difference between Glitched & completely Unobtainable.

I can name multiple people that have stopped playing this game because of the broken achievements, and others that refuse to play this game because they know that there are broken achievements! There are alot of achievement hunters on XBOX, and alot of players that pride themselves on completing games!
    As I posted, over 28k players listed on TrueAchievements

This will make so many people happy! This should be TOP priority in my opinion!
    Agreed.
    Hence a post like this by me every few months Im trying!

It's actually 4 that are broken! Abundance of ego is also broken for people who had it maxed out before they tried to fix it! It is still broken for me! It can be unlocked by starting another character, but you shouldn't have to do that!
    I, like many people, *did* get it when they pushed the patch to make it retroactive after pushing the original patch to fix it. Having to make a new character and maxing classes on it is really something only a few people I know have had to do. It's a lower than low priority, unfortunately (which is saying something given that the actually 100% broken achievements seem like they're nowhere on the docket...)

Anyways, hi Frozen. Plenty of us still mention the broken achievements now and again, and the best we've gotten over the months is the loosest assurance that they do know about them. But uh... yeah. It's been months without any patch notes showing up in events. And they've missed an event. So... outlook grim.
    | 4999 Power | 1285 Pursuit Rating | 27/31 Prototypes | 12/96 Flawless Synergy Crystals |

7.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #7
    I cannot bring Devs to reply to this thread but I'm here to let you know that they are aware about it.
    This is likely one of the top issues that our team would like to resolve. I don't have an ETA on when this will be fixed and if it’s humanly possible to get fixed, but our team will get to it someday.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    The company approved answer you were supposed to give was:

"Soon".

Look it up in the directives.

These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    The company approved answer you were supposed to give was:

"Soon".

Look it up in the directives.

Nah, they need to throw in a couple "we'll look into it" once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    they are aware about it.
    This is likely one of the top issues that our team would like to resolve
    Thanks for the reply Medjed. Appreciated!

As others mentioned, can remember it being acknowleged a few times, alas also aware alot of things/changes have happened since then.
    Last I believe I personally remember, was around March/june last yea, when one of the last large patches were(?) the Devs mentioned "we are investigating the issue with remaining faction achievements" and something about their initial finding indicating an issue that wasnt obviously going to be a quick fix.

Now I know how focuses can change.
    Also lots of company changes.
    Community asking for different things.
    Tones of micro adjustments/fixes.
    Your running a live service. I get it.
    Can be a struggle just keeping up with updates/content.
    Im sure theres had to be compromises along the way, in doing so.

Because that last large communication was around all the upheaval,
    could you please poke the devs a little, ask on communities behalf, just as a reminder, with the details explained in my original post such as the 2yr anniversary/28k players.

I understand it can be a double edge sword of giving details out, then being held accountable to "promises" & deadlines, but just a brief outline of the findings out the "investigation" and how that went, if they identified the cause, is it as big of a issue, why cant implement a quick workaround or unlock for effected players, especially now must of been a year since.... could all go along way.

I can personally vouch on atleast 20 people i know, jumping on the game the second they know they full achievement list is obtainable.
    I had some faith jumping on at launch, "so what if one or two turn out to be broken, their get round to it, they did it before!"
    Alas if im honest, maybe naively, i didnt expect to be waiting 2 years for a remake of an existing game, to have same issues + more basic achievement issue than the original :/

+ Reply to Thread