+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Community Ambassador? A job or free labor?

https://www.trionworlds.com/defiance...ty-ambassador/

What is the compensation? Do player get something out of it?since it requires formal interview, is this a job? What is the work hour? How much and what are the benefits?

You don't really expect people to work for free unless they are power hungry.

Its just players who report back to the staff, you're not a GM or CM, and you're not employed by the company, just special players with tags, kinda like in game tech support. That's from my understanding anyway.

I swear this place(company/staff) is starting to remind me of APB Reloaded/G1/LO Staff, and that's not a good sign.

Sounds like a CM job spec, but someone else gets your salary?

Quote Originally Posted by LAPDAlonzo View Post
    I swear this place (company/staff) is starting to remind me of APB Reloaded/G1/LO Staff, and that's not a good sign.
    You know, now that you've mentioned it... hmmmm...
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

theyre looking for someone to feed us more i dont knows, or theyre working on it.

Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!
    Quote Originally Posted by photoz View Post
    unless they are power hungry.

Om-nom-nom-nom
    I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

Welcome to Defiance:

..And I'm off, excelsior!

This has to be a joke. More asking us to do your job for you. FOR FREE. This is an empty title with 0 power or authority. Not to mention the lack of communication will most likely apply to this "job" as well. What is needed is a REAL GM. Not some empty title but one with direct development power to actually effect coding bugs not just take a damned message. Sure its an attempt at pacifying the angry community. But like everything that's been done so far its lackluster and frankly half-assed. Good luck with this since it violates numerous US labor laws.

How is this not again Fair Labor Practice Law in Germany? Unless they are operating under China's communistic law where there is no such thing as labor practice. If this is a job, then the person applying needs to know all the term of conditions in which they are being hired for.

If anyone apply, they may be putting themselves in legal issues. You are essentially liable for any mistakes and errors you make. If you incorrectly host events/handle disputes/derailed Gamingo's marketing, you are essentially causing not only problems, but large financial trouble. If they decided to sue you, you have no legal documentation to protect yourself. Working for free without a proper term of condition/work clause can open yourself up for long list of legal liabilities.

IMO, the position is nothing more than a scape-goat. Those who applied and get selected for the job will be blamed for everything and by every players and will be the first person in line where people contesting pest and bother.

People ask you why server is lagging, you need to response
    People ask you someone is cheating, you need to response
    People ask you about glitches, you need to response
    People ask you about their recent purchase, you need to response
    and the long list goes on and on and on

BUT don't worry, Gamingo's standard format response
    1) Please submit a ticket, we will investigate it
    2) Please submit a ticket, we will review to it
    3) Please submit a ticket, we will look to it
    4) Please submit a ticket, we will check up on it
    ....all questions 5) Please submit a ticket.

Yay, you all got what it takes to be an ambassador!

I would never work for Gamigo in any way. Not for money or kind words. I can be ashamed anywhere else if I want to.

The requirement for Discord moderation officially takes me out of the running... deleted that account weeks ago.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.