+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Become a community ambassador

"The tasks of a Community Ambassador include":

Resolving player disputes
    Helping in the planning and organizing of events
    Moderation of Forum, Discord, and Steam
    Collecting reports about issues, bugs, and exploits"

This idea seems interesting and constructive to our community but I was wondering if one day they will become aware (Trion before, Gamigo today) that the Latino community that has had a broad participation in both Defiance versions.

"Bonus requirements"
    (Previous experience working in a similar field
    Fluency in German or French)

This is where you should include the Spanish language, since for a long time those who "only" speak Spanish do not have access to information, much less are helped to solve specific problems of the game.
    Some of us have opened pages about Defiance and/or YouTube channels to answer the questions of the latin noobie, "we need more players in Defiance, not a specific group, you support the player and the player will support the game".
    Keep it in mind.

ID: Alahali671 - PSN: Fingers865
    Leader in "Defiance Terminators" (Ps3) -"Terminators" (Ps4)
    Pwr: 5000 - Pursuit rating: 1535 - Flawless crystals: 56

I think the french and german requirements are to speak with management, not with players.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    I think the french and german requirements are to speak with management, not with players.
    https://www.defiancedata.com/page=16...ity-ambassador

It could be "not specifically" ... for some reason there are two sectors of the forum for French and German and this was created by Trion (English language), contemplated for European server players.

In any case, my intention is to always, that they once have recognition for the Latino community.

p.s .: thanks for commenting you keep my thread up and join the cause.

it will get done as soon as the add the Spanish dubbing to the game. oh wait they never added it to both games why?

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    it will get done as soon as the add the Spanish dubbing to the game. oh wait they never added it to both games why?
    Maybe because of budget issues or lack of interest in other markets, even though Spanish-speaking players are a large number in both games, for that reason we always ask for a space in the (official) forum to support our colleagues.
    It may be umcomfortable but we have to learn to live together.

I still find this to be really weird. Originally marketed from California where there is a vast spanish speaking community. If anything I'd have thought the spanish would be installed before french or dutch. But who knows what these clowns were thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYKING View Post
    I still find this to be really weird. Originally marketed from California where there is a vast spanish speaking community. If anything I'd have thought the spanish would be installed before french or dutch. But who knows what these clowns were thinking.
    To be fair, people who speak french and german are on average a lot more wealthy than those who speak Spanish, and the game wasn't free back in the old days.

I guess now they could translate the texts, but I don't think they would hire new actors to voice EGO, Varus, stooped Pete, etc... They can't have a dev spend half an hour to make guided RL categorized as RL (or at least as weapon), so I don't think hiring voice actors for a day or two is in the cards.

To be fair, people who speak french and german are on average a lot more wealthy than those who speak Spanish, and the game wasn't free back in the old days.
    In Latin America, by 2013, there were economies in recession, the market was probably not profitable, even today the situation has has become far worse.
    However, in these 6 years of Defiance players from different platforms confirm that the European server was almost always a desolate landscape.
    Where is the vast majority of Latin players? I think the answer is already known.

+ Reply to Thread