+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #11
    French and German languages are not meant to speak with management. This is a bonus requirement to keep an eye on German and French forums and ingame. I don’t know if it’s ever possible to get anything for LATAM community but it’s definitely not like we’ll refuse to help a non-English speaking player. So as long you are serious about this requirement, want to contribute to a community and share your knowledge it doesn’t really matter if you speak German, French or Spanish. You’re helping our Ark Hunters in a first place and if Spanish is the only way to communicate then why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    French and German languages are not meant to speak with management. This is a bonus requirement to keep an eye on German and French forums and ingame. I don’t know if it’s ever possible to get anything for LATAM community but it’s definitely not like we’ll refuse to help a non-English speaking player. So as long you are serious about this requirement, want to contribute to a community and share your knowledge it doesn’t really matter if you speak German, French or Spanish. You’re helping our Ark Hunters in a first place and if Spanish is the only way to communicate then why not.
    Thanks for the clarification, I have played since 2015 in both versions of Defiance and always in a clan where English is mainly spoken, even so I do not lose sight of the Latino community where I come from and we are (we are several) attentive "always" to any modification in favor of the community willing to give the support that is needed.

ID: Alahali671 - PSN: Fingers865
    Leader in "Defiance Terminators" (Ps3) -"Terminators" (Ps4)
    Pwr: 5000 - Pursuit rating: 1575 - Flawless crystals: 58

Quote Originally Posted by Alahali View Post
    "The tasks of a Community Ambassador include":

Resolving player disputes
    Helping in the planning and organizing of events
    Moderation of Forum, Discord, and Steam
    Collecting reports about issues, bugs, and exploits"

This idea seems interesting and constructive to our community but I was wondering if one day they will become aware (Trion before, Gamigo today) that the Latino community that has had a broad participation in both Defiance versions.

"Bonus requirements"
    (Previous experience working in a similar field
    Fluency in German or French)

This is where you should include the Spanish language, since for a long time those who "only" speak Spanish do not have access to information, much less are helped to solve specific problems of the game.
    Some of us have opened pages about Defiance and/or YouTube channels to answer the questions of the latin noobie, "we need more players in Defiance, not a specific group, you support the player and the player will support the game".
    Keep it in mind.
    Unification amongst one Language Celebration is a Misunderstanding, which isn't Gameplanet's JemStone, and Rightly so, born on Planet Earth.

Unification amongst all Language Celebration IS Gameplanet JemStone, but no longer Professor From/On Planet Earth, to a extension, so to speak.

Respectfully, please key dear within mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushede Jade View Post
    Unification amongst one Language Celebration is a Misunderstanding, which isn't Gameplanet's JemStone, and Rightly so, born on Planet Earth.

Unification amongst all Language Celebration IS Gameplanet JemStone, but no longer Professor From/On Planet Earth, to a extension, so to speak.

Respectfully, please key dear within mind.

ID: Alahali671 - PSN: Fingers865
    Leader in "Defiance Terminators" (Ps3) -"Terminators" (Ps4)
    Pwr: 5000 - Pursuit rating: 1575 - Flawless crystals: 58

I would hope a Community Ambassador would be an ambassador for the players, not Gamigo. Someone looking after the interests of players and holding Gamigo to account. Telling Gamigo they are wrong where appopriate. I suspect they want it the other way round, with the Ambassador spouting the company line. That will rule me out :-)

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    To be fair, people who speak french and german are on average a lot more wealthy than those who speak Spanish, and the game wasn't free back in the old days.

I guess now they could translate the texts, but I don't think they would hire new actors to voice EGO, Varus, stooped Pete, etc... They can't have a dev spend half an hour to make guided RL categorized as RL (or at least as weapon), so I don't think hiring voice actors for a day or two is in the cards.
    For Arkbreaker DLC they had Trick Dempsy narrate the voiceovers because he was the least expensive guy they could find (he was on staff as the 'creative lead') and if he wanted to see the DLC launched in a Hail Mary concession to the 5th promised DLC in the first year - he had to lend his monotone amateur self to that aspect of the project.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!
    For our community ambassador we need a leader who is right there with all of us in heart, mind, and soul. One possessing expert wisdom of all things Defiance. The one who can bring all of us together in complete understanding and most importantly, utilizing clear communication skills (fluent in all languages using one specific language).

After browsing over the community, it is quite obvious who fits this role perfectly.. smashing the requirements in superb excellence and for going above and beyond in all that he does.

And that is why I wish to nominate..

{Bushede Jade.}
    You have my vote on the election polls.

A close second would be {KevinVonBach} (clearly possessing all valued requirements for the role EXCEPT having a Defiance-Discord account).
    I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

Welcome to Defiance:

..And I'm off, excelsior!

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by xSalemx View Post
    For our community ambassador we need a leader who is right there with all of us in heart, mind, and soul. One possessing expert wisdom of all things Defiance. The one who can bring all of us together in complete understanding and most importantly, utilizing clear communication skills (fluent in all languages using one specific language).

After browsing over the community, it is quite obvious who fits this role perfectly.. smashing the requirements in superb excellence and for going above and beyond in all that he does.

And that is why I wish to nominate..

{Bushede Jade.}
    You have my vote on the election polls.

A close second would be {KevinVonBach} (clearly possessing all valued requirements for the role EXCEPT having a Defiance-Discord account).
    I wish I'd said that.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Sorry guys but if we're going to do elections then my vote goes to LIGHT ENERGY. I don't know the player beyond his/her posts but all i ever see is them helping others.

Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!
    Most people here could be an ambassador seeing as how most of you are veteran players and I often see many of you helping each other with information and knowledge of the game by default. So in a way, most of you are already being "ambassadors" without even have been asked.

Problem being.. so long as you are on his/her good side..

After all.. having a disagreement can lead to one losing their cool (which happens a lot). With it usually either resulting in a pissing contest or PC Patrol (PP) writing out a BS sob story. For real, don't take things to heart here or you will struggle, it is Defiance forums.. Not everyone is gonna see things the way you do, much less agree with everything you have to say, and that's okay. Encourage diversity and divide (gets everyone thinking and within an eclectic range of ideas and thoughts), because one Hitler was more than enough for this world already. Express yourself and your mind freely cause no one is stopping you from doing that here (it's the internet, do as you will as will others).

Really the main characteristic you need is someone with true and sincere transparency above all else and whom is able to leave their emotions to the side and not bring it to work (volunteering) or at least have control of them.
    I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

Welcome to Defiance:

..And I'm off, excelsior!

+ Reply to Thread