+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.

If they don't step on exploits - the game wont be worth playing at all.

Trion/Gamigo seems to have little to no desire to offer a game that fair playing individuals feel is an actual level playing field.

They don't appear to care to take steps about game mechanics that allow the game engine to permit weapons to destroy 'substantial' enemies at arkfalls like (for example) forges and progens.

Is it really enjoyable anymore to play a game that has unaddressed known exploits that reduce a group event to mere seconds of play, where one or two players can make it pointless for anyone else to even show up with the hope of participating?

I love the game, not so much the reality of time wasted watching a few people negate other players trying to play normal game mechanics that are part of the core action of the game.

It's just purely stupid to even make believe there is 'balance' in the game anymore for the regular player on a normal basis.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    Is it really enjoyable anymore to play a game that has unaddressed known exploits that reduce a group event to mere seconds of play, where one or two players can make it pointless for anyone else to even show up with the hope of participating?
    For me, the answer would be a resounding "no".

It's going to take quite the hefty game update for me to even think about a re-install.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

it would be great if the got around to fixing things that have been broken since 2013. the social glitch , their servers . pvp up dates would be nice . mass blaster nerf in d13. pvp update for update for 2050. rip chip told us it was ready months ago what happen?

Trion/Gamigo seems to have little to no desire to offer a game that fair playing individuals feel is an actual level playing field.

They don't appear to care to take steps about game mechanics that allow the game engine to permit weapons to destroy 'substantial' enemies at arkfalls like (for example) forges and progens.

I love the game, not so much the reality of time wasted watching a few people negate other players trying to play normal game mechanics that are part of the core action of the game.

It's just purely stupid to even make believe there is 'balance' in the game anymore for the regular player on a normal basis.
    LOL, have you tried PvP? On the off chance that no one is blatantly cheating (and that's on console, I shudder to think what PC looks like...), it's a boring boom-boom fest of RL insanity. I was in a shadow war with about 4-5 people out of 16 actually participating in the SW, most were out there killing raiders or doing arkfalls until they get their 1/3 or 3/3 of the daily.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    LOL, have you tried PvP? On the off chance that no one is blatantly cheating (and that's on console, I shudder to think what PC looks like...), it's a boring boom-boom fest of RL insanity. I was in a shadow war with about 4-5 people out of 16 actually participating in the SW, most were out there killing raiders or doing arkfalls until they get their 1/3 or 3/3 of the daily.
    I was starting to get my feet wet in PC/NA PvP when the scandal broke, and after careful review of all the vids players had sent in of blatant exploit manipulation and what could only have been warez - management decided that it wasn't cheating, just creative use of game mechanics.
    The majority of the experienced and dedicated PvP players quit the game in protest and I never bothered to go back.
    I think that was about middle 2013?

I'm reading the forum right now because the servers just booted me and a buncha other players, and we can't get back in yet.
    I was someplace around 37 million points into Desperate Times Hotshot, and I'm not going to start that one over.
    I have lots of opinions.

NA/pc.
    2013:

6.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #6
    I honestly don’t know what exploits are you talking about. I’m partly aware regarding situation in D13 but never saw it myself in D2050. If someone could send us info (in a direct message) of how these exploits work, how to reproduce and every possible information then maybe we could do something about it. Just reporting that a player killed progenitor in two seconds is not the info we need. What we search for is a detailed step by step information that would be useful for devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    I honestly don’t know what exploits are you talking about. I’m partly aware regarding situation in D13 but never saw it myself in D2050. If someone could send us info (in a direct message) of how these exploits work, how to reproduce and every possible information then maybe we could do something about it. Just reporting that a player killed progenitor in two seconds is not the info we need. What we search for is a detailed step by step information that would be useful for devs.
    we have given detailed information and reports on these glitches . since before you got hired as the cm. ask them to give you the known bug lists for both games. trion wasnt known for timely fixes, and its looking like gamingo isnt either. yall seem more worried about the bit store than anything else .

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    I play PC/NA, and have no idea from experience about consoles or any EU servers.

Two exploits we've discussed in on this form in the last several weeks were the bonesaw and turrets damaging the Progenitor while it's not supposed to be targetable.

We know it's not supposed to be targetable because it shows no health/armor/shield lines when you point a weapon at it when in the cradle or in flight between armatures.
    Yet:
    • One can watch players standing at the the cradle pointing and firing bonesaws at the Progenitor, and watch the health status line at the top of the window decrease.
    • One can watch players firing bonesaws at the Progenitor while in flight between armatures with the doors closed, and watch the health status line at the top of the window decrease.
    • One can watch players spawn a turret at the the cradle pointing and firing at the Progenitor, and watch the health status line at the top of the window decrease.

Most other weapons (reports have been stated by players that there may be a very few others) have NO ability to target the Progenitor in these circumstances.

Do one of the two following:
    1. Make a public statement that you have read the above and will investigate it, all one has to do is attend several Scrapper finals and observe. Hell, you can pull up videos on Youtube where people are demonstrating it.
    2. Make a public statement that weapons that can target NPCs like that Progenitor (for example) are perfectly fine being able to target NPCs that aren't shown as targets by all other readily available weapons in the game.
    DEATHBRINGER210 already pointed out that we, (the loyal player base), have already filed thousands of bug reports over the years with multiple dozens of video links and files (many of which are never accessed by CS/CM) citing the bugs, exploits, issues we discuss here on the forums and in other social media sites that Defiance/Defiance2050/Trion/Gamigo are associated with and also on youtube and reddit.
    I have lots of opinions.

NA/pc.
    2013:

I play PC/NA, and have no idea from experience about consoles or any EU servers.

Two exploits we've discussed in on this form in the last several weeks were the bonesaw and turrets damaging the Progenitor while it's not supposed to be targetable.

We know it's not supposed to be targetable because it shows no health/armor/shield lines when you point a weapon at it when in the cradle or in flight between armatures.
    Yet:
    • One can watch players standing at the the cradle pointing and firing bonesaws at the Progenitor, and watch the health status line at the top of the window decrease.
    • One can watch players firing bonesaws at the Progenitor while in flight between armatures with the doors closed, and watch the health status line at the top of the window decrease.
    • One can watch players spawn a turret at the the cradle pointing and firing at the Progenitor, and watch the health status line at the top of the window decrease.

Most other weapons (reports have been stated by players that there may be a very few others) have NO ability to target the Progenitor in these circumstances.

Do one of the two following:
    1. Make a public statement that you have read the above and will investigate it, all one has to do is attend several Scrapper finals and observe. Hell, you can pull up videos on Youtube where people are demonstrating it.
    2. Make a public statement that weapons that can target NPCs like that Progenitor (for example) are perfectly fine being able to target NPCs that aren't shown as targets by all other readily available weapons in the game.
    DEATHBRINGER210 already pointed out that we, (the loyal player base), have already filed thousands of bug reports over the years with multiple dozens of video links and files (many of which are never accessed by CS/CM) citing the bugs, exploits, issues we discuss here on the forums and in other social media sites that Defiance/Defiance2050/Trion/Gamigo are associated with and also on youtube and reddit.
    the cm needs the bug bash reports and a copy of the known bug lists for both . then maybe they will understand us.

There's a guy right now on PC/NA started around noon at lvl 18 with green SAW and Mazu, spent most of the Diablo spawn hiding outside a fence facing the wrong way while firing his weapon in random directions and Monarchs exploding all over behind him. I spent most of my time just watching/recording him. 3rd player was on the other end of Diablo protecting a point down there.

The E-18 made it to E-21, and 'won' with 219K.

He just cleared Quarry Volge swarm with a score of 119K and made E-30 doing it with a green and blue weapon.

Tell me, Why don't we have a Game Manager we can contact? Why can't CMs do something? The state of care and control that Gamigo exercises is pathetic.
    Yesterday it was players blowing up Forges within 4 seconds of spawning.
    At least the hackers aren't flying all over, overhead, currently... but thats just a matter of time again, since the game engine doesn't seem capable of clocking 300 MPH speeds at an elevation or 100 feet AGL.
    The game engine doesn't seem to 'notice' or 'care' about many things outside the parameters of actions/movements/scores/damage that it currently allows honest players to be allotted.

Whats the point?
    We report stuff, it gets ignored.
    We educate CMs and 6 weeks later we have new CMs who ask us to be patient because it's their first day on the job.

I'm starting to question (he said, facetiously) Gamigo's commitment to the player base that is asked to pay for stuff to run the free game for the hackers.
    I have lots of opinions.

NA/pc.
    2013:

+ Reply to Thread