+ Reply to Thread

Co-op Maps - Please Help!

Howdy!

It’s me again with a different kind of problem related to my promotional project for the game. If you haven’t read any of my previous threads on the subject, I’ve been livestreaming

https://mixer.com/Clubside?vod=2r6yyud490u2SQ8KUYaL4Q

creating a web-based guide

http://vgpavilion.com/Defiance-2050/

and filling up a YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/hulkercafe

The last one is where I need some help. I have uploaded 4K PC footage of every mission and arena in the game. But co-ops are a problem. I figured I’d load 4 instances of the game (since we had training in original Defiance and I was cataloging for Hulker Cafe I had 6 accounts full of characters with LOTS of inventory slots lol) and group up to launch then just solo them.

Uh oh.

Each group member has to meet the prerequisites for the co-op map. While you can drag lower PR players into higher tiers, the same doesn’t apply to “locked” maps.

So first I called out in Zone looking for 3 people to help me out. One friend said they would but no one else. So I played a second character up to the point that all maps were unlocked. Loaded 2 instances and called out for 2 helpers. Crickets.

I really don’t want to level up a third and then count on the one friend to help. I’ve started that process and now have a 3rd that can at least do the first co-op.

So to PC NA players: please help! I will be online as much as possible today, Feb 26, 2020. My name is easy to search “clubside”. Friend me and come help. I need to run each co-op twice, once to snap pics in 4K of each recorder and some landmarks, and a second time a full run with cutscenes to record 4K video.

Thanks, I’d really like to knock this out today so I can focus on more content rather than leveling up characters I’ll never use again lol

Buy, sell, trade and socialize at the Hulker Cafe

Is PC that dead? I thought PC was the most crowded platform.

On PS4 that wouldn't be a problem, we even have PvP most nights these days.

I suggest you join a clan. Even a mildly active one will typically have 3-4 players online most nights.

I had to create my own clan so I could document the features and progression as part of the guide.

If I didn’t need 4K video it wouldn’t be a problem as I’m in very active clans on PS4 and Xbone. Just trying to have a complete set. Things aren’t dead but I haven’t been on PC for that long so while I’ve added some friends getting 2 at the same time to commit hasn’t worked out.

Just finished leveling a 3rd character for the first two co-ops so at the very least with one friend I can capture those two. Would really like to finish it off today though, I’ll be trying!

• Finish the tutorial with a character and don't play further.

• Characters that have not completed a single mission can see with which map they are queued.

• Join the queue's from your main character through join friend or join clan mate.

• Repeat until you have the map of your choice.

Thanks Laughing Grass but I’m not seeing that option with the character that just did the tutorial. If I pull up the Quick Menu the only options under Matchmaking are Competitive Multiplayer and Shadow War Quick Match. Pulling up the Matchmaking screen on the co-op tab the Quick Match option isn’t there.

Unless I’m reading something wrong...I remember a new character that hasn’t finished the Tutorial sees Quick Match.

Wait...I see the Join Friend after I START the Quick Match, I gotcha.

Unfortunately people are queued up in Story and Tier 1 so I can’t test further.

Quote Originally Posted by clubside View Post
    Unfortunately people are queued up in Story and Tier 1 so I can't test further.
    That is the downside.

Thanks again, I’ve got 4 map pic runs done, 3 to go. I’d prefer to capture the actual video in a group but if worst comes worst I’ll solo them for now just to have them done. Thank you, Goliath lol

And thanks again Laughing Grass, wish I’d posted this days ago and saved me the trouble of playing all those missions to level up...again.

Thanks to Laughing Grass’ tip I was able to capture all the pics and almost all of the video. Island of Lost Soldiers, the worst in terms of cutscenes, didn’t record correctly so I’m gonna have to try and get that one to queue again, but I’m taking a break and starting to upload the footage.

Special thanks to Crasher for helping out in most of them so I wasn’t stuck solo and got good T4 footage.

Quote Originally Posted by clubside View Post
    I had to create my own clan so I could document the features and progression as part of the guide.

If I didn’t need 4K video it wouldn’t be a problem as I’m in very active clans on PS4 and Xbone. Just trying to have a complete set. Things aren’t dead but I haven’t been on PC for that long so while I’ve added some friends getting 2 at the same time to commit hasn’t worked out.

Just finished leveling a 3rd character for the first two co-ops so at the very least with one friend I can capture those two. Would really like to finish it off today though, I’ll be trying!
    There's no PVP on Xbox 2050 they really are afraid to play it I don't know why.