+ Reply to Thread

Can a CM or Dev explain please

Why the heck is it 2020 and the PS4 NA server still gets unplayable lag. For instance, as I’m typing this, no enemy spawn, can’t reload, no vehicle spawn, can’t interact with nodes, can’t swap weapons and the only thing that works is chat and even it’s delayed.

It’s 2020 and the game plays like this? I logged on my PS4 for the first time today, launched defiance 2050 and immediately was disconnect from server. Relaunched and got in. Played 1 event arkfall and was doing normal contracts when this lag started.

Worse part is, it’s not just me, other players in chat we’re having the same issue. So before you respond, please know that we are not stupid and we know it’s not our ISP or equipment. This is on your end. Please fix it.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

DEFIANCE 2050 XBOX ONE/PC/STEAM DEFIANCE D13 XBOX 360/PC/STEAM
    No issues on XBOX ONE today, but this same Lag has happened many time over here too! Maby they should do a restart twice a day instead of just once! I know a reboot of there servers seems to fix this! You are very right though its 2020 and these type of issues should never happen! I would say implement a reboot twice a day every 12 hours, and maby things would hold up better!
    CLAN: LEGENDARY GUNS

Lag and latency server side for sure, this a everyday thing on Xbox 360 especially NA server, very surprised and upsetting you guys experiencing it too on PS4 and Xbox1 : (

For us on 360 Gamigo said it was a server data migration error to new cloud servers I believe hosted by Amazon web services? 5-6 months ago before transfer it was very rarely this bad, as bad as old in house Trion servers were back in the day ran by hampters on a wheel I feel and wish we could go back to those days was wayyy more easier to handle. Id rather crit more then deal with mega server latency 24/7
    Live by the sword, die by the sword.

If it's not a data migration or communication error then I'd speculate Gamigo either getting back door attacked or hacked and someone purposely actively trying to disrupt servers : (

Or Amazon, Microsoft, or PS Network getting massively attacked.

Trade Wars?
    Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Medjed: We'll look into it.

Devs:

So much for the whole: "we'll do our best to avoid any unanswered questions" claim, eh??

#shambles
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    So much for the whole: "we'll do our best to avoid any unanswered questions" claim, eh??

#shambles
    Med is logged in almost all the time, but the last account response is dated ' 02-25-2020 05:41 AM EST ', so.... infer what you will about participation on the forums, and reading them.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Hiding under my office chair from the terrifying Ark-hunters!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post

#shambles
    Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    Med is logged in almost all the time, but the last account response is dated ' 02-25-2020 05:41 AM EST ', so.... infer what you will about participation on the forums, and reading them.
    It's not all bad. Even (KevinVonBach) has his bright moments of synergy filled with happiness and peace here.
    Happy leap year (2020) to all!

I've heard that Defiance is substantially smoother now with less employees "running" the servers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXF-k0LsmQ

I've also overheard Ark-hunters speaking German lately..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K49Bv1qgoA

Welcome to Defiance:

..And I'm off, excelsior!

This is ridiculous. The only reason I can see them not turning this game over to the modding community to curate is because they know that as soon as they do, the modders will have all the bugs patched within six months, and will show just how absolutely vacuous Gamigo's "support" has been by fixing everything they said couldn't be fixed, or wouldn't fix.

Bugthesda, for all it's greedy, canvas-bag-gypsy-switching antics, knows better than to piss off the modding community too much because if they leave, Todd Howard will be pushing a broom in a bathroom in a Bugthesda basement somewhere. You don't alienate your player base by ignoring them, and then expect that your profit margin will stay in the black.

Someone needs to win a lottery and do a hostile buyout of Defiance. Swear to God, if I had hit that 656 million dollar lottery a few years back, this game would already be leaving 76 in the dust.
    "Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit." --Twenty One Pilots, Heavy, Dirty Soul

"We each owe a death. There are no exceptions. But oh, God, sometimes the Green Mile seems so long." --Paul Edgecomb

Who am I? Just a rolling stone, gathering no moss; a fool who knows nothing, only that he's lost. --tw