+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    I dunno if it's crap, or not.
    The implementation of it is borked to hell and back, so I can't get it to work to tell you if you were right (and this might be the first time you were right about something, I dunno) or not.

    Well as we have discussed in clan chat...Ive made out fairly well from this event. 2 primes and 8+ oj weps...all fully moded. I won't even get into the gems for that crap syn.


    I've focused my testing on the Prime Slickshot and my OJ saw, retal, sov, and grdpndr. And tbh I haven't noticed any benefits to any of those weps with the modsyn.


    Ofc this is just my experience and others may have better luck than I.
    Liam Devlin - Leader/Chaos Crew D50

    "To boldy go where no fist has gone before"

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    I dunno if it's crap, or not.
    The implementation of it is borked to hell and back, so I can't get it to work to tell you if you were right (and this might be the first time you were right about something, I dunno) or not.
    According to the stats, it's crap. I mean even if it was implemented correctly, it would be crap. Compared to frigid, cleansing, or the one from event horizon, the bonus for devouring are crap.

    With frigid m249, I can stand next to my turret and shoot endlessly as the frigid refills my mag when I destroy a shield/armor and the turret refills my ammos. With devouring I would reload slightly faster.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    According to the stats, it's crap. I mean even if it was implemented correctly, it would be crap. Compared to frigid, cleansing, or the one from event horizon, the bonus for devouring are crap.

    With frigid m249, I can stand next to my turret and shoot endlessly as the frigid refills my mag when I destroy a shield/armor and the turret refills my ammos. With devouring I would reload slightly faster.
    I wouldn't say the entire syn is 'crap'. It's definitely not as good as either cleansing nor frigid, obviously, and given D13's examples it's clear there will always be different synergies for different peoples styles. Clearly, not everyone will love this synergy. As in D13, however, there are crafty people who find clever combinations of synergies... although PVP and expeditions gave Ark Hunters a reason to get crafty, both still missing in 2050.

    I'd like to point out that, since you mentioned you use Engineer... that was the one class I felt a solid Devouring weapon would benefit more than the others. Turrets mostly have 20 second cooldowns and Devouring would speed all Engineer's cooldowns so you can churn out turrets faster, or get to spin up your MECH more often at arkfalls. People also love using Engineer combined with LMG's and that one perk that speeds up firing rate as long as you hold down the trigger and stay on target. Strikes me that Devouring's faster fire rate bonus would boost that fire rate for even more glorious bullet hosing.

    That doesn't strike me as 'crap'.

    2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    I wouldn't say the entire syn is 'crap'. It's definitely not as good as either cleansing nor frigid, obviously, and given D13's examples it's clear there will always be different synergies for different peoples styles. Clearly, not everyone will love this synergy. As in D13, however, there are crafty people who find clever combinations of synergies... although PVP and expeditions gave Ark Hunters a reason to get crafty, both still missing in 2050.

    I'd like to point out that, since you mentioned you use Engineer... that was the one class I felt a solid Devouring weapon would benefit more than the others. Turrets mostly have 20 second cooldowns and Devouring would speed all Engineer's cooldowns so you can churn out turrets faster, or get to spin up your MECH more often at arkfalls. People also love using Engineer combined with LMG's and that one perk that speeds up firing rate as long as you hold down the trigger and stay on target. Strikes me that Devouring's faster fire rate bonus would boost that fire rate for even more glorious bullet hosing.

    That doesn't strike me as 'crap'.
    The faster fire rate that you get from engineer increases with time, and gets back to 0 every time you reload. With frigid you don't reload, so once you get to maximum, you stay there for as long as you get ennemies coming. With devouring you reload slightly faster but that bonus get back to 0 when doing so. It's really a lot better with frigid than with devouring.

    My m249 can shoot almost as fast as a Vulcan, but with more than twice the damage and infinite magazine and ammos. Try doing that with devouring.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    The faster fire rate that you get from engineer increases with time, and gets back to 0 every time you reload. With frigid you don't reload, so once you get to maximum, you stay there for as long as you get ennemies coming. With devouring you reload slightly faster but that bonus get back to 0 when doing so. It's really a lot better with frigid than with devouring.

    My m249 can shoot almost as fast as a Vulcan, but with more than twice the damage and infinite magazine and ammos. Try doing that with devouring.
    Good points.

    First tho, you have to have been blessed by a fickle RNG during a now-gone Frigid event with an LMG worth using (epic or legendary M249 or a Thunder, I suppose), and 3-4 mods to activate the synergy bonuses. I imagine most Ark Hunters weren't as lucky as you. Congrats.

    A Devouring version is their second chance to pray RNG blesses them with an LMG for their Engineer loadout that's an improvement over a no-synergy version.

    2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

  6. #16
    Member crasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    Good points.

    First tho, you have to have been blessed by a fickle RNG during a now-gone Frigid event with an LMG worth using (epic or legendary M249 or a Thunder, I suppose), and 3-4 mods to activate the synergy bonuses. I imagine most Ark Hunters weren't as lucky as you. Congrats.

    A Devouring version is their second chance to pray RNG blesses them with an LMG for their Engineer loadout that's an improvement over a no-synergy version.
    And since it doesn't work for crap, your assertion loses points on implementation.

    The syn is a null set for many of us, and just another weapons platform with two different naming conventions.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

    NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

  7.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #17
    Community Manager Medjed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    481
    Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding Devouring mods and weapons.

    I passed your information onto the Defiance team for further checks and investigation.

  8. #18
    Member DEATHBRINGER210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,365
    it feels like a complete waste of time reporting anything anymore.

  9. #19
    Member crasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Posts
    5,596
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    it feels like a complete waste of time reporting anything anymore.
    We mostly report issues anymore so that other players know what to watch for, and can have confirmation that what bugs they're seeing are actually true and not isolated incidences.

    It's slightly less frustrating, when stuff doesn't work as claimed it is supposed to, to know it's the game software that is borked, and that the player himself isn't wasting time trying to figure out what they may have done wrong.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

    NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    it feels like a complete waste of time reporting anything anymore.
    Ohhhhh yeah. I think this too, every time, post Trion's sale to Gamigo.

    Half the time I decide to answer/post anyway... to help other Ark Hunter's understand what's going on with hidden mechanics or passing along information I've heard from the dev's lips when they used to do live streams for Defiance/2050. If it helps ease another Ark Hunter's frustration, I hope, then it's worth explaining as thoroughly as I can.

    The other half the time I choose to submit things... well... it falls under self-therapy/confession and/or prayer. Getting something written down and sent moves what I'm frustrated with or wondering about off my chest, and once it's submitted I no longer have to think about it. I'll have done what little I can and put it into the realm where only God knows what will happen, if anything at all.

    I certainly have little expectation of having been heard and realize I'll likely never know if I made even a scintilla of a difference. But it's in 'God's' hands, the creator of our world, to do as 'God' pleases.

    2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts