+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with Vehicles (New Defiance 2050 Guide)

Howdy All!

So I've been doing a lot more data gathering work, trying to plug in all the holes so I can round-robin every aspect of the game and create a site generator for the data. Since more updates like this one are forthcoming I will be sure to note the project in the Thread Title so you can ignore it if you have no interest

Anyway, the two big aspects of the Guide I can't lock down by myself are Appearance Items and Vehicles as these are affected by Transfers. You've likely seen early drafts of my stabs at Appearance Items, and a much more robust view of where I am is forthcoming, hopefully before the end of the weekend. Now I present Vehicles:

http://vgpavilion.com/defiance-2050/guide/vehicles/

But stop right there...or don't, go check out those pages and let me know what you think. What that landing represents is a browseable view into Defiance 2050 Vehicles grouped by Class and then Type. You can drill down to see all available "Runners", or jump immediately to "RM Nomad" vehicles. There's an image and some incomplete details when you drill down far enough.

But the big issue, and why I've called you all here today , is how to make this a complete guide. There's an additional page that I hope anyone with a lot of vehicles or knowledge of them will comb over:

http://vgpavilion.com/defiance-2050/guide/vehicles/all/

This is essentially my database, every vehicle I had in both Defiance and 2050, with extensive notes on sourcing. This page also lays out where I am with this part of the project, and I'm going to bore everyone by copy/pasting the introductory text here:
    "In compiling this portion of the Guide I had to begin with my own accounts. Luckily I had amassed a large portion of the Vehicles in Defiance for the original guide planned for Hulker Cafe. Thanks to the generous transfers from the original game to characters created in Defiance 2050 I am able to launch with a robust starting collection culled from PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

The plan was to document all the Vehicles placed into Claims, listed rewards from Missions and Pursuits, and those available in the Defiance Store. Information on vehicle acquisition would be displayed next to an image taken from the in-game preview. Unfortunately this is where things began to go awry as I had to deal with the fact that Defiance 2050 does not include the Preview option when choosing a Vehicle for the current Loadout. Because of the transfer situation it made sense to go back to Defiance to capture as many of the images as possible, and these are marked as being sourced from PC 4K preview renders. Other images required sometimes creative approaches and all include notes of their source.

I knew this list wouldn’t be comprehensive as the rules for transfer weren’t explicit and I surely didn’t own every vehicle available in Defiance, so I took the additional step of documenting every vehicle I could find in Defiance whether I found it in Defiance 2050 or not. This offered two immediate benefits: if another player did have a vehicle listed here in the game, a quick database update would update these pages; and other players could identify vehicles in either game that are not on this master list so they could be added.

There are other sources for some of this information such as Defiance Data and Defiance Wiki but this Guide was always meant to be built from scratch. I will consider utilizing other sources only after help from the community is exhausted. I have a thread on the forums where you can comment and contribute to this portion of the Guide."
    So if you can help please reply here and any updates that require additional imagery (I know I'm missing some Challengers and Durangos even if they aren't in 2050 I'd like to document them) hopefully you'll allow me to PM you to arrange something.

Thanks so much for reading and continued interest...or at least curiosity...in this project. I'm hoping to have a massive game-wide update by the end of the next week so I can move on from the steak and get to the sizzle.

Buy, sell, trade and socialize at the Hulker Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by clubside View Post
    Howdy All!

So I've been doing a lot more data gathering work, trying to plug in all the holes so I can round-robin every aspect of the game and create a site generator for the data. Since more updates like this one are forthcoming I will be sure to note the project in the Thread Title so you can ignore it if you have no interest

Anyway, the two big aspects of the Guide I can't lock down by myself are Appearance Items and Vehicles as these are affected by Transfers. You've likely seen early drafts of my stabs at Appearance Items, and a much more robust view of where I am is forthcoming, hopefully before the end of the weekend. Now I present Vehicles:

But stop right there...or don't, go check out those pages and let me know what you think. What that landing represents is a browseable view into Defiance 2050 Vehicles grouped by Class and then Type. You can drill down to see all available "Runners", or jump immediately to "RM Nomad" vehicles. There's an image and some incomplete details when you drill down far enough.

But the big issue, and why I've called you all here today , is how to make this a complete guide. There's an additional page that I hope anyone with a lot of vehicles or knowledge of them will comb over:

http://vgpavilion.com/defiance-2050/guide/vehicles/all/

This is essentially my database, every vehicle I had in both Defiance and 2050, with extensive notes on sourcing. This page also lays out where I am with this part of the project, and I'm going to bore everyone by copy/pasting the introductory text here:
    "In compiling this portion of the Guide I had to begin with my own accounts. Luckily I had amassed a large portion of the Vehicles in Defiance for the original guide planned for Hulker Cafe. Thanks to the generous transfers from the original game to characters created in Defiance 2050 I am able to launch with a robust starting collection culled from PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

The plan was to document all the Vehicles placed into Claims, listed rewards from Missions and Pursuits, and those available in the Defiance Store. Information on vehicle acquisition would be displayed next to an image taken from the in-game preview. Unfortunately this is where things began to go awry as I had to deal with the fact that Defiance 2050 does not include the Preview option when choosing a Vehicle for the current Loadout. Because of the transfer situation it made sense to go back to Defiance to capture as many of the images as possible, and these are marked as being sourced from PC 4K preview renders. Other images required sometimes creative approaches and all include notes of their source.

I knew this list wouldn’t be comprehensive as the rules for transfer weren’t explicit and I surely didn’t own every vehicle available in Defiance, so I took the additional step of documenting every vehicle I could find in Defiance whether I found it in Defiance 2050 or not. This offered two immediate benefits: if another player did have a vehicle listed here in the game, a quick database update would update these pages; and other players could identify vehicles in either game that are not on this master list so they could be added.

There are other sources for some of this information such as Defiance Data and Defiance Wiki but this Guide was always meant to be built from scratch. I will consider utilizing other sources only after help from the community is exhausted. I have a thread on the forums where you can comment and contribute to this portion of the Guide."
    So if you can help please reply here and any updates that require additional imagery (I know I'm missing some Challengers and Durangos even if they aren't in 2050 I'd like to document them) hopefully you'll allow me to PM you to arrange something.

Thanks so much for reading and continued interest...or at least curiosity...in this project. I'm hoping to have a massive game-wide update by the end of the next week so I can move on from the steak and get to the sizzle.
    Hmmm..., Remember, in 2050's Central, all Rides Of Choice Frame, Brand, Engine, Windows, Bumpers, An Alignment, Rims, Tires, Tuneups, Paint Jobs, Model Of Choice's Customization, only Rank Level One Rides And Arkfall Motor Industry Productions, in maintaining or Upgrading Rides Perming Road.

Blur Sir Lot, I believe Director or President Of Headland's Auto Motor Industry, (many pardons), will be Opening A Garage, (Coming Soon), in Headland's Transit Depot, where Drivers can purchase Rank Level Two Frames, Engines, Windows, Bumpers, Alignments, Rims, Tires, Paint Jobs, Tune Ups, Oil Change, Ride Of Choice Customization...,

However, Ark Mechanics, (wearing Mechanics Outfits Of All Directions/Classes), Registering At The Garage To Work There, who thus inherits Mechanic Abilities And Skills upon Registration, and Licensed As The Only Ark Hunters who can do the Work, Customizing Rides Of Choice To Rank Level Two, after The Garage opens.

From that point on, use caution Driving in Open World. Crashing, Reckless Driving, Hitting A Rock, Ride Blown Up, and forwarding to so and forth, may/can cost/sport Ark Travelers an Arm, Or a Leg.

(A Featuring Ark)

Can we get an American Motors Pacer?

Far more classy than a Pinto. --GadeJ

P.S. Thanks for all the website work, Clubside. Big task...

P.P.S Here we are in our tiny, boxlike world...together

Quote Originally Posted by Bushede Jade View Post
    Hmmm..., Remember, in 2050's Central, all Rides Of Choice Frame, Brand, Engine, Windows, Bumpers, An Alignment, Rims, Tires, Tuneups, Paint Jobs, Model Of Choice's Customization, only Rank Level One Rides And Arkfall Motor Industry Productions, in maintaining or Upgrading Rides Perming Road.

Blur Sir Lot, I believe Director or President Of Headland's Auto Motor Industry, (many pardons), will be Opening A Garage, (Coming Soon), in Headland's Transit Depot, where Drivers can purchase Rank Level Two Frames, Engines, Windows, Bumpers, Alignments, Rims, Tires, Paint Jobs, Tune Ups, Oil Change, Ride Of Choice Customization...,

However, Ark Mechanics, (wearing Mechanics Outfits Of All Directions/Classes), Registering At The Garage To Work There, who thus inherits Mechanic Abilities And Skills upon Registration, and Licensed As The Only Ark Hunters who can do the Work, Customizing Rides Of Choice To Rank Level Two, after The Garage opens.

From that point on, use caution Driving in Open World. Crashing, Reckless Driving, Hitting A Rock, Ride Blown Up, and forwarding to so and forth, may/can cost/sport Ark Travelers an Arm, Or a Leg.

(A Featuring Ark)
    ...let me find out you're a Gamigo drone, dropping hints about what is coming up laced through your post like absinthe...

"Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit." --Twenty One Pilots, Heavy, Dirty Soul

"We each owe a death. There are no exceptions. But oh, God, sometimes the Green Mile seems so long." --Paul Edgecomb

Who am I? Just a rolling stone, gathering no moss; a fool who knows nothing, only that he's lost. --tw

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by twowolves80 View Post
    ...let me find out you're a Gamigo drone, dropping hints about what is coming up laced through your post like absinthe...

You spelled 'cyanide' incorrectly.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by twowolves80 View Post

We're just passing, simple, humble Ark Universal Travelers up in our Arkfall Years, possessing enough strength to sustain/adventure A to B...,

May find a Successor before, during, or after the 5th Project Ascension, (Taking The WHOLE Planet/Universal/Server To Pull Off, Not Just Central Rising.., Cooperation), Lighting Waypoint's Adventure For The First Map, To Starboard To Planet/Universal Ascension, The Second Map Of Three In Defiance Universal.

(Takes A Sip Of Tea, Sitting In Rocking Chair, Observating Sun Settling In Mount Tam)

It Is Organic, Every Reality/World Out/Out World Year Mapping/Passing, Statue's Acceleration Of 10 Rains/Years Bypassing In Defiance Universal. Different Planetarium Time Loaning.

(Until Reborn (In Defiance Universal) After Adventure Aftermaths)

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    You spelled 'cyanide' incorrectly.
    "Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit." --Twenty One Pilots, Heavy, Dirty Soul

"We each owe a death. There are no exceptions. But oh, God, sometimes the Green Mile seems so long." --Paul Edgecomb

Who am I? Just a rolling stone, gathering no moss; a fool who knows nothing, only that he's lost. --tw

In addition to the derailment I want to thank GadeJ. It's a big task but an interesting database exercise. Given past statements from staff regarding sweeping changes to mistakes with names and other obvious database-related tasks, I'm hoping that by creating the Guide as a database (I've developed a Static Site Generator specifically to leverage this as new Events and items are added) I can show how simple T-SQL could fix some ongoing, non-code related bugs. And perhaps hint at how community involvement that twowolves80 has been pushing could be a path forward for the game.

I have finished linking all the related Missions and Pursuits for vehicle acquisition, just need to actually drop the related pages so I can add the appropriate links to the current Vehicle pages. I'm nearing endgame on data acquisition so I hope to drop loads of new pages over the coming week.

That's beautiful. Really.

Especially since there have been those on these boards who claim such a task "impossible" and seemingly forgets that modders exist and mod not out of a profit motive, but out of simple enjoyment and a desire to improve their hobby.

...also, I'll be nominating Clubside as the dev master candidate for the beta server I've been talking about when Gamigo realizes I'm right. lol

Thanks twowolves80. I hope once the final Guide is unveiled the community will help massage and expand it.

I just updated the Vehicles page to reflect the Voidrunner Falcon and TMW 800R SGT Variant. For the Voidrunner I really need someone in-game to get a proper picture and details on other items in the pack. I'll be annoying people in Zone today on PC NA. I know some clanmates on PS4 and Xbox One have it but I'd prefer to source true 4K images if possible.

+ Reply to Thread