+ Reply to Thread

Help with Weapons/Shields/Grenades and More (New Defiance 2050 Guide)

Howdy all, I'm back again with a new thread. Instead of my usual, I'm grouping a bunch of stuff together and adding additional posts and I drop more pages. There is a theme, however, and that's of Inventory items.

The basic Inventory includes Weapons, Shields, Grenades, Mods and Weapon Skins. I have mostly complete lists of each but there are definitely some holes to fill around Event items. So let's start there, I have added a simple Events page:

http://vgpavilion.com/defiance-2050/guide/events/

Quoted from it's introductory text: "This is mostly a holding page for the eventual full coverage of Events. A project of this scope has so many connected parts that it’s been tough organizing all of the objects so they can be cross-linked and fully navigable. Events should link to their introduced Weapons, Shields, Grenades, Synergies, Mod Fusions, Packs and other related objects. Many of them are at this point but pulling it all together with video footage, image galleries and other planned features means all you’re getting for now is this."

For this initial post I have two pages to tear apart. As usual these are foundational versions so I can button up any missing items. The pages are:

Grenades
    http://vgpavilion.com/defiance-2050/guide/grenades/
    "These are the Grenade variations I have image proof for, I know there is at least one more variation, I believe “Snowball”, but I don’t seem to have saved one on a character and the Event information is thin and/or missing. Eventually stat information will be added but for now just trying to get a full list of available Grenades."

Weapon Skins
    http://vgpavilion.com/defiance-2050/guide/weapon-skins/
    "This portion of the Guide covers Weapon Skins available in Defiance 2050. As I do not have many Weapon Skins available this list was constructed from the Shard Exchange and the skins I do have. There are a number of wording issues in the naming conventions: “Guided RL” for Soleptor and Top-Notch (which is spelled without the hyphen in the only instance I can recall throughout the game) versus “Lock-On RL” for VBI, I’ve standardized on “Guided RL”; missplaced “Dark” from “Dark Arum” such as “VBI Dark Assault Rifle Aurum”, standardized as a suffix.
    The “Standard” skin I wasn’t expecting, I figured there was a mechanic for removing a skin. I had two, “Soleptor Pump Shotgun” and “Top Notch LMG”, which I used for those images. As a temporary measure I have created “Standard” for the others using my captured images from the “Enhance” screen. As the SMG had slightly different coloring in places, I’m chalking this up to my desire to capture everything in 4K on PC. Or extract the models and textures and render them in a modeler and offer an online model viewer. Ah, the ambition!"

Weapon Skins are particularly thin as it isn't something I was ever actively pursuing on any character. Given my financial state I can't just buy up a whole bunch of boxes to expand this section so I will definitely need help plugging in the considerable gaps.

As usual, if you know of any items that are missing from these lists and/or can contribute images for missing items, it's greatly appreciated.

Expect updates with links for the other Inventory items through the day. A friend is grabbing me for a Birthday lunch (mine was yesterday) so I've gotta take a pause here.

Buy, sell, trade and socialize at the Hulker Cafe

I have the Shields page up now:

http://vgpavilion.com/defiance-2050/guide/shields/

"These are the Shield variations I have collected, though some of it comes exclusively from Event patch notes as I didn’t save any of the blue shields I was inundated with at the time. This page is just a draft, the final will detail the statistics about the different Shields as well as commentary text, this is meant to be a Guide after all!"

You forgot to say that 99ers grenade explode only after 2 seconds.

The snowballs and pumpkin grenades are missing, but they're just different skins on regular grenades. Same as the ammos that are green/red sparkles and period ammos, same as regulars of the same type but with different vfx/color.

Thanks ICantAim, I thought that was baked into the stats but I will check again and add it as a note if it's not.

Do you have the wording for the snowballs and pumpkins? I'm looking for how the names are constructed such as "Frag Snowball" or "Piercing Pumpkin" and any text added to the description box.

I have the Tinsel and Frosty nano mods ready to go when I push the Mods page tomorrow.

I was also able to get my hands on some more skins, which was both a blessing and a curse. Sure I have a few more pictures, but adding five additional skin types means that many more empty images. Oh well the page has been updated:

http://vgpavilion.com/defiance-2050/guide/weapon-skins/

The update text was added to the top:

"This page has been updated since the following text was posted. I found one of my accounts had some Bits so I bought as many skins as I could and was able to expand the number of images while also adding five additional skin types. After some additional testing I found “Standard” to not be the default skin, but something similar and universal across weapon classes so the comments below about making my own versions of “Standard” no longer applies. I thought it was useful to have a reference to the original skins on the weapons so I invented my own type, “Default”, which is always the first skin displayed. I am creating these from the “Enhance” page renders and lining them up with the skin screenshots. Ultimately I want to provide a before/after slider so you can compare skins right on the site in addition to the gallery view.

One last note before returning to the previous text is the fact that the “Barn Buster” does not preview in the game. I tested this in a variety of PC resolutions as well as on the PS4 and Xbox One. Because of this any skin meant to modify “Top Notch Rocket Launcher” will be empty. You can see how “Standard” renders below."

It's really just an info dump but I have the Mods page up now:

http://vgpavilion.com/defiance-2050/guide/mods/

It includes all mods in a giant grid followed by the Mod Fusions and their details. As explained on the page this is a "get it out there to find any mistakes then make the real pages" kind of deal. So if you get the chance take a quick read. In particular I could only find two "Impact" stocks in inventory for Explosive and Shell, and only Shell appears at a vendor, but if they still lurk for High- and Mid-Caliber I wanna know

I don't have any of those grenades left. They were all blue with very low PR, so I got rid of them. I might still have a plasma, will check next time I log on.

Thanks ICantAim. I actually have some Plasma, 99er and Hulker grenades which is why I was able to include their custom text. It's the others where I have no reference.

But while you and everyone else are here I have done the basic Weapons page to complete the goal of this thread:

http://vgpavilion.com/defiance-2050/guide/weapons/

"Weapons are another pure data dump. I have a lot of plans for this section of the Guide but at the moment I’m only concerned with nailing down the basic information. Capturing the standard weapons was no issue save for the “Barn Buster” one, and I had most of the Prototypes. Thanks to crasher I got the Ghoul’s Touch info but still need Voidrunner, Outburst and Tirade.

The next big issue is Primes. Very few were ever documented by the Trion/Gamigo staff in announcements or patch notes. What you see below was constructed from personal inventory and forum threads. Since accompanying pictures were 50/50 there could be Primes here that were never released and need to be removed. The bigger issue is what’s missing. Frigid Impact is the biggest hole but I’d like to confirm all of them."

As mentioned in the introductor text the biggest sticking point is Primes. These are the ones I have in the database. Some are "for sure", others taken on faith from posts. Some are definitely missing.

Cosmic Resonance

Prime Cosmic Gray .45
    Prime Cosmic Mazu Blast Rifle
    Prime Cosmic LM-43 Thunder
    Prime Cosmic Black Hawk HP9
    Prime Cosmic Fragger
    Prime Cosmic SS-2 Ranger
    Prime Cosmic NRS-500 Commando
    Prime Cosmic Tachmag Pulser

Starfall

Prime Void XAR-37 Sovereign

Precision Torment

Prime Precision AR-216 Gladiator
    Prime Precision XAR-37 Sovereign
    Prime Precision Duruuma Disruptor
    Prime Precision Gray .45
    Prime Precision Magnum
    Prime Precision HP-5 Wolverine
    Prime Precision SS-2 Bolt-Action
    Prime Precision Repeater

Cleansing Flames

Prime Cleansing AR-216 Gladiator
    Prime Cleansing Big Boomer
    Prime Cleansing Duruuma Disruptor
    Prime Cleansing Magnum
    Prime Cleansing Shockwave
    Prime Cleansing Deadbolt
    Prime Cleansing Tachmag Pulser

Frigid Impact

Prime Frigid Impact M279 SAW

Devouring Essence

Prime Devouring Mazu Blast Rifle
    Prime Devouring Thumper
    Prime Devouring LM-43 Thunder
    Prime Devouring Slickshot
    Prime Devouring ESP-1588 Armada
    Prime Devouring Street Sweeper
    Prime Devouring NRS-500 Commando

Any help in buttoning those down would be greatly appreciated. But for now, nap nap time.

Frigid has a prime retaliator, and pretty sure frigid or cleansing has some kind of RL that vondruke keeps killing me with all the time. Probably Barn Buster.