+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More Mechanical Improvements For 2050

Vehicles need tweaking.

Add a fuel mechanic same as a timer for any other ability. As soon as we spawn the vehicle, the timer starts, and it stops when it fades away. This would make places like Last Chance and Headlands more important for their fueling stations, which is the other part of it. Require the vehicles to refuel their timers similar to the way the armor-up crates worked in Ye Olde Defiance.

Or, as an alternative to the timer aspect, but something that would still require re-fueling: Make it so the fuel level only decreases when you hit static objects or hit your boost. Give different vehicles differing size fuel tanks, too.

Also, add a bloody radio, will you? It takes zero bandwidth to have a pre-recorded set and would add a huge dimension of realism.

inb4 "Wah, never gonna happen! Ermergerd! Derp!"

That's not the point of this thread, buck-o. This is a spitballing, brainstorming idea thread just to see what other ways we could improve the game if we actually had devs responding and not a rando Decepticon bot.

Any other questions, see the interview below. You know who you are.

Why do you keep posting these threads??!

We're no strangers to love...

Seriously, I'm going to report you.

You know the rules and so do I!

Sigh...how long are you going to keep this up?

A full commitment's what I'm thinking of...

You're the only one making these stupid threads.

You wouldn't get this from any other guy!

But why?! Why, dammit?!

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling...

I don't care, though!

Gotta make you understand!

Spoiler:
    "Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit." --Twenty One Pilots, Heavy, Dirty Soul

"We each owe a death. There are no exceptions. But oh, God, sometimes the Green Mile seems so long." --Paul Edgecomb

Who am I? Just a rolling stone, gathering no moss; a fool who knows nothing, only that he's lost. --tw

I totally agree with you, I hope this will be taken into consideration.

I would almost say that's the route they were probably going way back when just judging by the fueling station interface greebles they have at those places. Wouldn't be too hard to implement since the original code is there from Ye Olde Defiance for the armor-up crates; you'd just have to re-purpose the script and point it at the new greebles.
    "Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit." --Twenty One Pilots, Heavy, Dirty Soul

"We each owe a death. There are no exceptions. But oh, God, sometimes the Green Mile seems so long." --Paul Edgecomb

Who am I? Just a rolling stone, gathering no moss; a fool who knows nothing, only that he's lost. --tw

I don't get what the point of the fuel mechanic you suggest would do. People would just respawn the vehicle as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyamara View Post
    I don't get what the point of the fuel mechanic you suggest would do. People would just respawn the vehicle as soon as possible.
    Re-spawning it wouldn't reset the timer; only activating the "re-fuel" script would at the fueling stations scattered throughout the map. So you could re-spawn it, but eventually, you'd be re-spawning a vehicle you couldn't drive because you would have no fuel. This could be further tweaked by amending the script calling the vehicle into existence by blocking that command if the timer is at the Empty mark.

Not to be negative but this just sounds like another thing they'll screw up. Not a great track record for what they add in.

Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYKING View Post
    Not to be negative but this just sounds like another thing they'll screw up. Not a great track record for what they add in.
    I agree, but this is just a pipe dream thread of what could be, but will take a game company with more vision to pull off...

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    I'd rather they worked on fixing bugs instead of introducing mechanics to implement new ones.

Why do you propose we need a realistic fuel expenditure but ignore the fact that a vehicle that self destructs in close proximity to a Monarch is suddenly available for respawn a few moments later without the player needing to get several estimates from mechanics to repair the blown-up vehicle, and then taking several days or weeks of game time to get the vehicle fixed again?

Remember the fact that they rehashed existing code to give us the latest event and then took 2 weeks to get previously working loot drop mechanics to drop loot in that one?
    And then even the loot drop was misnamed in the loot tables, adding a new naming config that didn't match the EXISTING naming config for THE SAME items, leading to stuff being miscatagorized in the inventory?

What you're proposing will just lead to more people leaving the game behind because they get tired of walking everywhere when previously working vehicles are suddenly 'out of gas' all the time.

Apparently once an item is placed in our inventory database it can't be 'fixed'.
    We'll end up with vehicles that wont be used anymore once they run out of fuel and can't be made to work again.
    How many man-hours of chasing bugs will be needed but never made available to unborking that unneeded/useless enhancement to the game.
    You want to fix something - start with getting vehicle brakelights to stop lighting up every time you release the throttle.
    Show me you can do that little non-game-crashing thing, and we'll discuss trusting them to fix something that is actually a problem.

Otherwise, get a 3 minute egg timer, flip it to start next time you spawn a vehicle, and when the timer ends - get out and walk back to headlands or last chance while roleplaying pushing your vehicle so you can refuel it and complete your mission of getting to the arkfall you were going to.

See how much mirth and merriment THAT adds to your daily gaming.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Simple.

Add cargo capacity to vehicles to carry extra fuel in jerry cans. And/or add enough fuel capacity to all the vehicles where it's not an issue, and add a fuel penalty every time you crash out and stop completely or whatever.

I agree with you about the bugs, but this thread is simply about what would be something cool to try to add realism to the game IF we had actual developers who were doing stuff. Just pipe-dreams, that's all.

Speaking of, Fallen Earth was a great example of a game with a crafting system whereby you had to craft everything you used, but you could also farm everything, taken to the extreme. Same thing with vehicles. More personalization is always a good thing. Lot of potential, horrible graphics. lol The concept was cool, though. Maps were huge.

Another idea: how about letting us fire from the turret in the Raptor? Or how about adding rockets to some vehicles? (Yes, I realize there's issues with rendering speed when traveling, but IF we had devs, remember? Trying to collect cool concepts in one thread that would be interesting in Defiance 2050).

Also, Olga Kurlyenko being in the game wouldn't hurt either, just sayin'...lol

This isnt a survival game, its not Minecraft either. This is a shooter. The only thing you need to craft is the gun and thats BARELY working. We dont need spitballing sessions to add to the game theres plenty missing as is plus what is present has a 80-90% failure chance. If they do ANYTHING they need bugs squashed long before new broken content should even be thought of.

+ Reply to Thread