+ Reply to Thread
    Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.

The part of RNG that's most insulting, especially during events: Useless crap.

We all have the same limited access to Pure Gulinite (once the PL threshold is passed), and the daily upper limit earn-able is reached through contracts.

The point of the 'PG' system over the old 'key' system was to provide the player with the ability to have more control over rewards.

The part of the RNG/PG system that really burns my butt is the bias towards weapon and mod rewards that favor the reward pool being stacked so heavily towards rewards being awarded from pools of equipment that the game engine has detected that we DO NOT USE, no matter how many of that item the game engine has given us, and/or how many we've crushed or sold.
    Clearly the engine is tracking our metrics, and choosing to give us stuff we don't want at a much higher frequency than stuff we demonstrate we use.

I don't use dets, or GRLs or several other classes of weapon (for example), and I don't need truckloads of crap mods for those weapons, either.
    If the game engine would start giving me rewards 100% limited to ONLY the weapons and mods I don't use, I STILL would NOT be tempted or persuaded to use them in ANY circumstance that didn't require me to use them for a contract.

I'm liking the events just fine, mostly because I use the bulletsponge bosses to lvl my weapon skills, but I'm getting to the point where I'm feeling like needing to do the contracts for PG to buy crap from the vendor at the end of arks to be a rather larger waste of my playing time than much of the rest of the game already is.

I understand the game engine concept of baiting us with the 'broadening our skill horizons', tempting us to use more different kinds of weapons platforms, etc.
    That is mostly baloney, as it's mostly just a scheme to continue giving us crap rewards without the hierarchy tasking the devs to actually make the game challenging or give us new areas to explore.

It's bad enough that the prevailing 'limited availability/time' event weapon rewards are mostly all blue, with few blue mods and fewer tactically useful mods, and fewer still mods better than blue. But getting a preponderance of weapons/mods I demonstrate repeatedly that I don't want to use is just that last extra kick in the gonads I really didn't need.

And I'm getting sick of it.

An event is made up of several components, the reward system being part of it.
    At this point - Gamigo can take it's rewards and perform unnatural acts on itself with them for all I care.

And I hold the forum moderators and devs entirely blameless in the everyday machinations of Gamigo as a whole.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

I don't think you have it right about the game being skewed toward stuff you don't use, but I don't have enough data to be sure either way. From you post, it seems like you use mostly weapons that require all the same kind of mods, mid-caliber, so you will obviously run out of mods.

However, the thing is, once you get your favorite weapon, everything else will feel like cr@p. My best gun is a prime frigid m249 with electric ammos, I can do a whole SS final without ever reloading with it, it has 0 recoil and 0 accuracy (negative accuracy actually, so it gets to 0). Against shields it has almost the same DPS as tempest, but with longer falloff and pinpoint accuracy at all range. Against armor it reloads by itself, which makes it better than any of my other weapon, and against bosses like helions, the pinpoint accuracy and lack of recoil makes it super easy to shoot small spots. So I could hardly get anything better, except maybe another similar one that I'd set up with corrosive ammos, and maybe a prime cleansing m249 to use against HB/mutants.

So no matter what I get, it'll end up as an "use for dailies" kind of fodder. I'm gonna try to build a few frigid RL, just to ease the RL days. Since reloading RL is what takes the most time, one that reloads itself through frigid's 4th power should help makes things faster. So even a crappy blue RL with 4 crappy blue mods should end up better than almost any orange RL for that purpose. That's pretty much why I spend gulanite.

What p*sses me off to quite and extent is the amount of absolutely useless crap I get. I'm not talking about stuff that could be useful only once in a blue moon. I'm talking about the insane amount of shields, grenades and cut crystals I can pull in a day. With a crappy blue mod and a crappy blue gun, I can eventually at least get something that'll help me get through some boring dailies, but there's nothing to do with a blue grenade or a blue self-repairing shield. I completely stopped spending PG at EH, because at least with SS I don't get grenades, so the odds are a bit more in my favor. I'd like to get some EH synergy crystals, but with grenades all over the place, the chances are too slim. I still pull a lot of shields and cut crystals at SS, but less than I would at EH if I got grenades on top of that.

Today, out of 7 caches, I got 3 cut crystals that go obliterated to dust and 3 shields. One blue mod.

The one thing that helps during this event compared to others, is that sometimes the reward for beating a major is a SS item (or an EH item). Same goes for some of the tuff you can pick on the ground. I've got a bunch of EH mods in my inventory although I've only bought like 3 EH caches. So if you do a lot of majors, eventually you can get some good stuff without even paying PG for it.

I use LMGs right now because I'm lvling LMG.
    They're all I'm using ATM. (The mods listed below are the ones specific to the syn).
    • I have a loadout with a blue frig duruuma and 4 blue frig mods equipped with corrosive, and corrosive crystal for Raiders and Scrappers. (I got most of that stuff the previous SS event a few months ago).
    • I have a loadout with 2 Thunders (an OJ Cleansing and a Prime Devouring) with flame ammo for Diablo siege and the odd bug ark, with an incendiary crystal. The OJ has 3 blue mods, the Prime has 4 blue mods. I hate the Thunders because they reload so slowly, so I run the 2 of them so I can swap when I need that extra ammo.
    • I have a loadout with an OJ frig SAW and a blue Cosmic SAW (7 blue mods total) with electric ammo and 2 electric crystals for 99rs, DM and Quarry sieges. The Cosmic is new, I wasn't here the first time.
    Thats the BIS LMG I have for those badguy classes, and I have 320 inventory slots, most of them filled with blue or purple generic stuff that isn't as good, just in case the syns are rebalanced in the future and something becomes useful. I also have a mess of blue and purple shotguns that i rarely use, mostly generic with generic mods.

I've played enough that my AR lvl is 100 using a Tempest that kept losing it's recoil bonus ALL the time, Lvl 51 in sniper with 100K kills, (mostly at arks and sieges) and I'm currently lvl 47 in LMG playing every event ark I can find.

I've participated a metric tonne in arks, I've spent the max PG every day for months at arks since the last 99r event when I came back from ESO.

I crush truckloads of det and GRLs and mods, because I have no use for them and want the open inv space for the possibility of something good dropping.

I have enough flawless crystals to run at lvl 1500 battery power output for all my loadouts, so every crystal that drops for me is usually a cut and turns to dust.

I could fill a small house with the blue shields and nades I've gotten in the last few months that are below 4960.

My point is that I've put in my time and effort, and I've gotten the T-shirt.
    I don't need primes and OJs dropping from the sky, but I'd like to get a purple event weapon and maybe a few fire rate stocks and damage barrels for the weapons that I use rather than the endless supply of blue explosive impact stocks that I keep getting.

I have lots of opinions.

NA/pc.
    2013:

Ok, I just ran a bunch of events, and it seems that when I get an event reward, it's always a gun. So it's pretty much useless because you need a 5:1 ratio for mods to guns to get anywhere, so doing a million event won't really help your situation. Actually, you could manage pretty well with a 4:1 ratio, and then add a non-type mod for the one missing.

If you spend your PG on EH, you can get nades, shields, and crystals that'll be useless to you. That's about 50-60% of what you'll get. It's barely better for SS, you just take out nades.

So if we talk about guns, they are evenly distributed, 2 types of pistols, 2 types of SMG, 2 types of AR, 2 types of sniper, 3 types of shotguns, 2 types of det, 1 type of LMG, 2 types of RL, total of 16 types. Maybe I'm missing something, that's just from the top of my head, but I should be close enough. So if you get a gun, the chance you'll get a LMG is only 1/16 (~6%). The chance you'll get a det or RL is 4/16. So, yeah, you'll get 4 times as many detonator+RL as you'll get LMG, so it'll feel like you're getting shafted big time.

If you're looking at mods, there's only 4 types of mods (mid-caliber, high-caliber, shotgun, explosive), and they are also evenly distributed. So you'll definitely get shafted here, because you'll get only 25% of your mods for LMG, SMG or ARs, which represent 5/16 of the guns, or 31%. Right there, that's enough of a mismatch to cause anyone grief. If you add up the fact that there's not enough mods, and that some mods are outright worthless (all impact stock, most recoil recovery mags, most critical multiplier barrels, piercing and quantum ammos), then you get to very few mods that are any kind of useful.

Then there is the color problem. The event caches are made of 90% blue stuff (cut crystals), 9% purple stuff (or polished crystals) and 1% OJ (or flawless). To put it simply: it's crap. You get 84PG per day, so 7 caches. It means you'll get about 2 purples every 3 days. On a 30-days long event, it means about 210 caches, so about 2 OJ, 19 purple and a large batch of blue (about 190).

So what are your real chances of getting a purple or OJ weapon that you want? Well, if all you want is a LMG, you're out of luck. First of all, 40-60% of those will be nade/shield/crystals, with the rest split evenly between mods and guns, so that leave only about 4.2 guns that will be purple or OJ. Then there's only 1/16 of those that will be LMG, so about 0.26 LMG. So, roughly 26% chance that you'll get a purple or OJ LMG at all. Yep, only 1 out of 4 players will get one. And 1/3 of those will be lucky enough to get a thunder, which, let's be honest, blows like the wind. And those who get a nice LMG might not get 4 mods to get the 4 bonus. And very probably will not get 4 decent mods.

I'm not saying you're not right btw, I'm saying the actual probability that you'll get what you want is very small to begin with. But you have better chances to get a usable weapon from the weekly contract than you do from the random caches.

I got 2 LMG from this week. Both thunder. One mod each so far. Total trash. Still trying to get mid-caliber mods for an OJ M249 and a prime retaliator, so these 2 will most probably just end up in the trash can.

The last several EH I ran this morning using blue cosmic SAWs gave nothing but shotgun and explosive weapons and mods as ground pickups.
    I was out of PG, and had few raw guli to spend, but from the ground drops, raw guli and rewards I got:

• a purple Raptor,
    • a blue stabilized respark,
    • a blue Armada,
    • a blue shotgun mag,
    • 2 blue cosmic midcal recoil mags,
    • a blue frag grenade,
    • a blue hi-cal precision barrel,
    • a purple Armada,
    • a blue midcal dexterous mag,
    • a blue shell accurate sight,
    • a blue Bullrush,
    • a blue incendiary grenade,
    • a blue shell accurate sight,
    • a purple chem grenade,
    • a 3 star cosmic blue SAW,
    • a blue corrosive shell ammo,
    • a blue mid-cal piercing ammo,
    • a blue hi-cal quickening stock,
    • a blue Barn Buster,
    • a blue Breacher,
    • and no event crystals to supplement the one raw and one cut I've gotten since the event started.
    • There were a buncha other ground drops for weapons/mods/low-lvl nades I didn't bother to clutter my inv with.

otoh, I've done enough damage to progress my LMG stats from 44 to 48 since the event started.

I can stand up to the event Forges just fine using blue corrosive ammo in a blue cosmic SAW with 4 blue cosmic mods, but the event Bulwarks curbstomp me something fierce using a blue cosmic SAW and purple normal electric ammo.
    I hate Combat Medic class, but I'm using it for the LMG bonus.

Edit to add:
    I know the raw doesn't give event related stuff.

I used it as a metric to display the general diversity of loots.
    I have lots of opinions.

NA/pc.
    2013:

The Raw gulanite will never give you any event item. The only event items you can get are from cache, and sometimes blue weapons as reward for majors or ground drops. Basically, the basic cache bought with RG only will give the same thing at event major that they give at non-event majors or coop.

For LMG, I use engineer with the fire rate bonus. Since my frigid can shoot almost without ever reloading, I get to max fire rate and stay there for most of the major. My m249 shoots roughly at the rate of the Vulcan. I also get a small bonus from the drone/turret. I think that's what gives the highest DPS, therefore the fastest increase to skill. I got from 47 to 50.

I don't think it'll get much higher than that, I don't really play outside of events, and if FF7 or TLOU were not delayed due to covid-19, I'd probably quit playing completely this week.

On a side note, frigid is so good that in many cases, a blue frigid weapon with just one frigid mod will outgun an OJ. The +10% alone makes up for more than the difference in stars against armor or shield, and now you can reforge to 5k. The bonus on regular weapons are just ridiculous compared to those of event weapons, especially frigid or cleansing.

I know what you feel, I mean when I go to a major arkfall I try to generate a good score, (I know, the score does not interfere with the reward), but I cannot sit still watching the time go by.
    And to tell the truth, the frustration is double because neither by the rng nor by the effort I can get something acceptable.
    The last EH I got 3 singularity gems, and so far this week I already repeated 3 cut and a lot of weapons and shields that I can't even give away to newbies of my clan.

Things have not been handled well for a long time and the community has shrunk noticeably due to lack of answers and content, "Gamigo" you should improve the rng as a reward for the loyalty of those players who accept the game in its current state.

ID: Alahali671 - PSN: Fingers865
    Leader in "Defiance Terminators" (Ps3) -"Terminators" (Ps4)
    Pwr: 5000 - Pursuit rating: 1575 - Flawless crystals: 58

I know the raw doesn't give event related stuff.

I used it as a metric to display the general diversity of loots.
    I have lots of opinions.

NA/pc.
    2013: