+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by richardkrainium View Post
    I'd be willing to pay a transfer fee if they could move my entire account to pc na
    They're always looking for ways to get $

There ya go Gamigo!

Some of the tangentially related sadness to what's happening: I offer some ridiculous but probably hardware isuues that explain the 360's drop in performance below the PS3 following the server migration in General Discussion. There are even more, non-code-editing possibilities that could explain the situation which has forced out the dedicated playerbase over simple, there easily solvable, degredation of UI responsiveness tied to the multiple-server division of labor within the server farm. Xbox 360 hardware hasn't changes, not pulling up a screen the open world still plays and rezzes proximity items as it did before the migration. All issues are related to the shard-server-object-server-client initialization.

The database stuff remains hilarious. Anyone following my Defiance 2050 Guide progress will see that I've almost finished modeling the entire game. Even if they wrote their own database server rather than using something off the shelf, given two days at most I could write something that fixed gun names based on Synergy and could transfer characters between platforms where the only collision of note is character name. Otherwise all three platforms are identical in objects possible to have in inventory, flipping the platform bit, resyncing friends lists, clearing that login history, and your done. Login services on PS3 are handled by PSN, which uses the same email account system PC does. There's just the caveat of an Xbox Live email not having a PSN account, but unlike PSN there was no separation of Gold/Silver tiers. I figure few if any want to go from Xbox to PlayStation but it only requires one additional step over an Xbox 360 to PC transfer. The step? Oh, thought I implied it create a PSN account for every Xbox Live account using the same email address. You could use your old password or something new, the key is the email address. Since Gamigo doesn't handle login duties, they are passed account information and create the character screen by looking for PSN character data and object data. The platform bit switch handles the first part, but the second part could require another database pass. I can't be sure like I am about my ability to transfer characters between platforms, but linking inventories on consoles may or may not require a pass that deals with the Trion Account requirement. From a database developer perspective there are no troublesome secrets to work out, but without understanding the need for account linking in the first place (Xbox Live and PSN credentials on both last gen and current gen include the email address of the platform account, automatic "links" should have been created during account initialization that only required setting a password on first login. So if there's an inxplicable additional field to represent your Trion Account as well as your console online account on every inventory object, that'd be one last quick mapping pass before login would work.

PC? Even easier with the same caveat of not knowing about redundant account markers at the object row level rather than the character object level.

Ok, yeah, I forgot two things. But that's because I want to offer Gamigo and customer outreach option which would not only create goodwill with the active playerbase but possibly goose logins of both Defiance and Defiance 2050 in a way their social media and blog posts never could.

For those not playing at the time, active player count had been slowly dropping after a big drop during the initial network problem honeymoon period. Before DLC1 dropped there was a stabilization of numbers, some new users, some older user resampling once they heard most connectivity issues had been resolved. But a rollercoaster ride of active players began with DLC1 that I'm sure left Trion management befuddled. The game was still buy to play but often heavily discounted. Many Season Pass players thought DLC1 was an "on disc DLC" betrayal, while others that had the season pass but given up the game at least popped back in for their rewards even if they didn't stick around. At this point more people should have been sampling the game because of the TV series, but the numbers didn't meet projections for the simple reality that their sci-fi-live-series fan/online shooter fan crossover assumptions were off logarthmically. That venn diagram I'm imagining they showed in meetings projected a 40-50% sampling and 25% retention, when I'd have guessed, as a gamer who also does preservation and understands how outreach is far more complicated rather than expensive in the post-gaming-magazine world, a 10-15% sampling and 5% retention. Why so much lower? Because "tv show fanyboys" and "game fanboys" are entirely different animals, and the understandable but easily dismissed or explained to present more favorable numbers to a board, managers or any other bottom-line person. There is a huge segment of gamers from casual to hardcore that is too busy gaming to ever watch much tv at all. Some that even actively resent the thought process that tries to link anything "hollywood" with videogames. Sure some people who were occasional gamers might try the game because they watched the tv show, but anyway, I'm way off track as I'll be covering this is the editorial stuff I'm doing parallel to the Guide.

DLC2, 3 and 4 were mostly received the same as 1,. and active players would go up for a while and back down between DLC drops. New plaers remained low because the buy-to-play model has horrible long-tail and is a psychological and financial barrier to the occasional gamer. "I can watch the show and it costs me nothing, I like it, don't really do a lot of shooters, but I like the lore and maybe I'll...wait, it's $50 just to try it?" So many early mistakes they couldn't pivot on.

Oh well, time for DLC5. Unlike the consistent ebb and flow of players between new DLC there was a massive drop off of players who would never come back. DLC5 was such a betrayal to the fundamentals of the game and the attitude of the public-facing devs on livestreams was "we don't care if you don't lie it" rather than "we understand so many underpinnings of systems have changed but give it more time, we welcome you're feedback, and in a future livestream we'll answer some questions and discuss the thought process. Yes, this isn't a weapon balancing, and there's a formula here that renders all the community's work at documenting and guiding players that is no longer applicable. And as a buy-to-play model radical changes occur less frequently than free-to-play titles, but we're committed to this and building the community." Of course that last part, even if they were to have said it, was a bald-faced lie. The game designer and developer purge following the game's launch left a handful of people that seemed to a man to disagree with the game's bible. The choices made for 2050 show how some of those feeling softened but they still looked at it as their game not the player's game, an understandable and not universal developer/designer attitude, but one that doesn't play well in the online space at all. Devs in the retain space can be comforted by having met internal company goals and moving on to new projects. MMOs have to retain, reach new audience, and ultimately weigh the cost of development, maintenance, fixed-costs and support against salaries, the dumb code review fees and delays imposed by Xbox Live and PSN update process (the in-game patcher got around this in most cases, but if they had to patch the loader the disparity between console and pc ecosystems hurt them more ways than finacially.

DLC5 was the turning point. The inconsistent livestreams, erratic community responses, for those who could tolerate DLC5 a feeling that the Season Pass didn't delievr the map expansion and story/lore that was teased in places. My disgust with DLC5 and how all the work I'd put into Hulker Cafe now seeming like a waste because Defiance was no longer the game I had been playing for months and been excited enough by to want to bolster the community. I didn't log in to Xbox 360 or PS3 for at least a year, while I did pop in to discuss things with clannies and friends on PC. That ended in less than 2 weeks as I watched my friends list go from 2 people who hadn't logged in in a week to nearly 90%. Most compalints were the same, but the level of frustration with the devs was kinda funny. Those of us who frequented the forums and tried to be helpful or positive had a counterpart in members who created new threads and responded to every other thread with seething hatred of the devs and how they were trying to sabotage the game and force everyone to quit so they could shut it down, close up shop and move on.

There's alot more here that like I mentioned above I will be talking about on my site in an area away ffrom the Guide that's supposed to be promoting the game

I want to end where I started: no matter what any of these community managers or pseudo-devs say, and they are likely aping the long-running party line of database limitations. if I were given access to the character and object table I could either do a bulk transfer or leave them with a "one account at a time" front-end to do that. Two days tops having never seen their database solution. If they're using an off-the-shelf database engine it would take much less time, but I'm guessing they wrapped simplistic objects used to teach database server fundamentals for decades either to eliminate a one-time or ongoing license fee rather than some "we have to be custom since no existing engine will integrate with our division of labor server design".

Of course that's normal dev hubris trying to scare the less technical management. I don't care if there's a dummy server sending CSV data, or a REST server converting serialized class data as JSON to one of the in-between modules that then builds as dictionary/structure that's walked to draw the inventory screen. Who knows, some crazy person could have been a Hadoop evangelist and used free-nd-open-source to sell the company a bill of goods that really was a horrible choice that easily set up this canned "we can't do that" party line.

Data is data. I have a floppy from the Apple //e I used in 1984 to write a program for the office to input grades and pint report cards on a single spool of card stocvk rather than the one-card-at-atime, and we type on the card and hopefully there's no mistake reading the mimeograph of scores and typing directly on the card. I mention this only because I liked to mess around with the computer and learn about programming, but my only exposure to what we call "productivity software" nowadays was the only consumer option at the time, AppleWorks. Sure you could get your Multiplan or BTree manager if you switched to CP/M, but the consumer answer was AppleWorks and there was a copy. Given those limited options and little time (they were typing the report cards right then that's how I learned of this process) I typed into AppleWorks a few fake students and grades. Went to a prompt, opened the AppleWorks file in hex editor, counted the spacing between the "noise" characters and the recognizable ASCII, typed in a few lines of BASIC to open the file and seek the first row of information. Tested in a loop that I could read any number of rows with no abberation. Unhooked the AppleWriter and dusted off the Brother which was typewriter-style "printer" they had bought but I'd never seen them use. Put in a piece of paper, added a couple of lines to my loop to print each row, and there I had five fake students worth of data on separate sheets of paper printed unattended following the initial "ok start" keypress. Rand the paper back over to the office where they had only finishd up three real report cards in the time it took for me to create dummy data in a program that would be easy to teach them to use, decode how that data was stored so that my own program could handle the ultimate goal of printing individual cards after typing the grades into AppleWorks. No rolling the typewriter and spcing over to spots, that's hat programs are for. One of the secretaries pulled out a catalog and the card stock used for report cards was availble on a roll, the only cavent being I'd have to write the header information that existed on the cards they had pre-purchased. And it wouldn't have that engraved feel. Awws. But with a little work that was a solution they used that Spring and all three trimesters the following year. And I have a disk with my initial dummy data in an old plastic 5 1/4 flip file. That may be a trivial example but its proof that any file format can be dealt with. It's great to have specs, but if I have to screenscrape or binary read or using old school blob unpacking repacking, I can get the data into a format where it can be manipulatd, altered, thn shoved back into its needed container.

I would love to learn that they're actually using MySQL or ProstgreSQL or even SQLite. While part of that is bemusement over the lack of database understanding that permeated every post-launch iteration of dev and seeped into the large employee culture, it would also mean I could teach them procedures to put into place to deal with some common support ticket issues, but also how there were easy solutions to some visual issues they've waved off.

Best example: event weapons dropping with faction suffixes rather than synergy prefixes. One ine of SQL regardless of server could convert every VOT Fragger with Cleansing Flames into a Cleansing Fragger. Better yet, if there's even one extra layer between events and inventory I could update every single mislabed weapon across a single server, or all of them at once if they are just table in the same common database. I can't prevent future weapon naming errors, but that line of SQL could be run any time in the future to correct things during events.

I realize the weapon naming things means little in the face of characters and their stuff disappearing into the ether. But I wanted to demonstrate that its just a database issue to be solved like any other. And we don't have much time to break them of this mindset. Which is where my positive community outreach idea comes in.

Every Xbox 360 account regardless of whether it was linked to a Trion account has an email address, plus a last login date. Extract the GamerTag/email combo (real names might be there, but part of this idea involves method acting from the community manager tasked with crafting a company-approved take on what I'll be proposing).

From this combo an email campaign is born. Anyone who has not logged in since the start of the year gets one missive:

Dear xxIOwnYouxx

Paradise is in need of your services. While it has been a long time since we last saw you in the Bay Area, your past deeds demonstrate your ability to serve the needs of the various communities of the New Frontier while taking advantage of the unique rewards availabel in this arkfall rich part of the world.

I'm writing to let you know that your previous method of transportation to our community will no longer be making that journey, but we have three alternatives already lines up. If you choose to visit there are transports leaving nicknamed PC and PS3. All we need to know is which you might prefer or would like us to get tickets for both. My office will arrange an open ticket for you on your transport of choice.

The third option I present as a demonstration of openness. While the current transports will allow you continue your journey whole, experimental time jump technology could take you to us years in the future in the blink of an eye. The Indogene sequencing process that will allow you to stay in our time while a physical clone stripped of abilities and memories is sent to 2050 where we hope Paradise has already found peace. Past tests of this technology have worked, but the return device was lost by our last volunteer meaning while we can't send you to the Paradise of 2050, we can send your sprit , drive and potential there to continue the fight. You could still ply your trade in our time and hopefully aid the Bay Area as you've done in the past, but the ongoing interference by hostile species and groups here have made us seek other ways to protect the community and ensure not simply its existence but its prosperity.

If you are interested in either of these paths or both please write to me so I can assure your place.

Ara Shondu

For players who've logged in this year:

NewbSwallower,

I'm sure you remember me from our past business dealings, but I'm contacting you because I overheard the Commendation Quartermaster mention she hadn't seen you in some time. I find that hard to believe based on our past dealings, but if you've sought fame and, heh heh, fortune elsewhere recently I wanted to let you know about some secret wheelings and dealings I've discovered. Nothing can be hidden from Varrus Soleptor, especially is Scrip is involved. If you were to come back and you were to resume work and that silly ark debris chasing you do, I'd have to arrange trnsportation as your past method is out of commission.

I don't know the circumstances and I don't care. I already have two options lined up. One line is called PS3 the other PC. I know who commissions both expeditions and can get you situated on either or both. But I have an iinterest in another option they've been obviously excluding me from. I sent in some Echelon Mercs undercover and technicians and learned they have some time travel muckity-muck actually working, but it can only send people into the future and not bring them back. I know there is a way we could both benefit from this opportunity, heh, but don't have the details. What I do have is access to the equipment and their schedule so if you'd like to see the future and extend our business dealings into this, uh, unknown, my Technicians have copied the materials the merc broght back. A clone you would be created and sent to the Bay Area of 2050. Exciting, eh?

If either of these lucrative opportunities interest you please let me know quickly as who knows how long before I'm discovered. If you reply in the affirmative I will make sure the option or options you choose are immediately available though I won't be there, I'm still trying to figure out how to take advantage of whatever information can be brought back from the future.

Varus Soleptor

People who haven't played in a very long time may have forgotten the original is alive, others may have dismissed the chance to try 2050. Both groups would be reminded of the game and at least one character they may remember and choose one, two or all three options. I'm sure Gamigo would be most interested in additional sampling of 2050, but I believe both games make up a larger Defiance community and ecosystem that cab ne equally cultivated.

Oh, you thought I missed something. You're a madman! The transfer between platforms is really simple, but a couple of conflicts mean some Gamigo staff will have to handle those on a case-by-case basis. The easiest is the Xbox player who forgot they had a PSN account. Sorry, can't overwrite your existing caharcetr, but f you wanted to create a new PSN account we could map this account to that. Beyond avoiding character name collissions, a follow-up email to anyone who responded would lay out the biggest caveat. I won't try to reoleplay that response, hopefully I've already set a template. But those who choose to try 2050 would be reminded of the transfer and valor rewards as well as the starting from scratch. For those transferring to either or both platforms, the loss of clan membership, rank and progress could be wrapped up in a story beat. Sorry, even if you created the clan, this platform switching is ultimately into a brand new setup and dumping clan memberships wholesale when not every member is coming along much less jumping ahead, the existing community welcomes you but you need to establish yourself again.

Finally the PC overlap. Much of my typing has been console to console but I assume there will be more interest in 360 to PC. The only real difference is the co-mingling of console linked accounts, PC accounts, and their 2050 existence. I ran over 40 characters across all 3 NA platforms. On PC alone I have over 1,800 inventory slots filled out of 2,000. Some of those PC accounts use the same email address as an Xbox Live account. But some of them don't use the same account. When the original Xbox launched and I joined live as clubside. When the 360 launched the rules of presnce, friends-list size and more were in flux so I created clubside360. When the One launched I switched back to clubside as my main while taking advantage of multiple-account XBLA ownership. Nothing to do with Defiance except my situation isn't unique and makes the platform switch slightly more complicated.

The email address of this account is linked to an Xbox Live account with a different email address. The 2050 transfer used the link rather than email address as the basis for what got transferred. My clubside360 account got stuff from my clubside360 Xbox Live account. But this clubside account got transfer items from my clubside Xbox Live account despite the email addresses being different.

That potential situation and others I've mentioned don't alter the reality that this is something that could be done and done quick. But putting the caveats out there let's the decision makers, or people who have the ear of decision makers, know that despite what they were told, someone seems to think there are options and link this post and hopefully at least consider taking the extraordinary step of opening a portioon of the server-side to a community member to help service the needs of the larger community.

Buy, sell, trade and socialize at the Hulker Cafe

Exactly.. not impossible! That's why I'm thinking they don't want to transfer anyone because their goal is just to shut down d13 altogether on every platform and have everyone play 2050. Just so they can run 4 servers or whatever instead of 8. I guess they're down to 6 now. You just showed someone adept at coding and data work could do it. You even pretty much offer to do it for free but they probably still won't. Their entire existence is fueled by greed and income not player happiness. I don't think they give 2 sh*ts if anyone playing is happy and having a good time or not. They just want anyone to buy their lock boxes.

Sad reality but they'll just run it put on some sales get what they can out of it and pull the plug when it's more work than it's worth. D13 is Gamigo's unappreciated beater car.

I think there's a complication that we as players consider a corporate failing but aren't paying the bills so coming at them under these circumstances requires a little schoozing rather than rage.

Most everyuone ackowledges Gamigo's purchase of Trion was for Trove, their only other wholly owned IP, and connectyions/licenses to the Korean-owned MMOs. Trion subcontracted Behavior to port Defiance and adjust it to create Defiance 2050. That means even if Gamigo had internal development managers they have no past or present dev staff to question about 2050 much less Defiance. The value proposition here would be easier to argue if we didn't have a hard and fast shutdown date that's nearly upon us. An extra two weeks and I'd first argue that the ongoing Xbox 360 server issues are wholly hardware-related and fixable, cheaply, with only a few simple tests. Despite Gamigo's size and age for all we know they don't even have a single full-time sysop or engineer, and essentially rely on some local version of the Geek Squad when turning something on or off or giving it the Fonzie tap was insufficient.

So I decided the best option was to accept this decision and approach it from the migration angle. I'm sure Gamigo's due diligence before aquisition was minimal with Defiance. Since Trion was private we never knew quarterly user numbers, monthly Patronm Pass fluctuations, average bitstore loading and spending, the bottom line stuff where they go, "It costs 50 cents a day in electricity, $200 in customer support staff time etc. versus intake" that they used to determine whether there was any value to retaining the 360 playerbase. Unfortunately whatever numbers existed at acquisition have dropped enough at this point to make that call. I even hope they took into consideration most decline on a single platform was due to the ongoing performance problems which would be tougher to reverse if it turned out the switch or network cable was the $5 fix they could have done long ago.

Trion's "promise" of keeping things going for the forseeable future was surely based on these same claculation, plus some factors that probably are of less importance to Gamigo. The whales and supporters may not have brought in the bucks but they contributed enough of a multiple over the cost of keeping the lights on. And there was a steady churn they could forecast that we think is bad (it's like a local government building expected speeding ticket revenue into their budget) but was both a little extra bump in monthly revenue and a reminder that the game was still attracting lookie-loos, some of whom may turn into whales or at least occasional spenders because the community, despite the complaints and jokes on the forums and zone, loves the game and wants more people to play.

So yes, if I wasn't as direct as needed, my name is Chris Rowley. I've been a programmer, database engineer and systems analyst for nearly 40 years. I created the award-winning STARS Suite, and online education site used worldwide and mostly celebrated for its ability to transfer at-risk kids back into normal classrooms. My design is similar to Defiance in terms of sharding and division of labor because the company was a startup and it was cheaper to do certain things "the old fashioned way" than utilize more modern warehouse and split core/scaling techniques. I have worked with DB2 on mainframes down to ISAMs with no documentation. I've migrated data from CP/M and DOS flat files to offline Oracle tape backups with no server logs to help recreate what did the archive because the mini they were using burned in a fire. I've created training programs for Southland, rewriten legacy Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac business logic objects and created network printing solutions for retail by cobbling together Window NT port mapping since there wasn't even an RFC on the horizon. My whole tim with computers has been taking a situation and with little to no background either fix or more likely rewrite systems and leave them in a state where they run themselves so the client can move forward while I find the next challenge.

Anyone with ties to Gamigo that might happen upon this that isn't aware of my ongoing promotional project for Defiance 2050 should know I have a 100+ table SQL Server recreation of Defiance 2050's data systems created by linking the forward facing systems. Even if I hadn't been immersed in the object linking of the game for months with no access to the actual server and data layout I know given access to as much data as possible I could deliver not only a tool for doing platform/region user movement (and yes that means moving an account from PS4 EU to PS4 NA or PC NA as well as the Defiance stuff we've been discussing) as well as tooling to handle the weapon naming errors that have occurred since the first event launched. I'd develop those tools, give you the source, and if you had questions or feature requests, I'd be happy to be as involved as much as you wanted. But the community is looking for a bit of hope regarding how this shutdown casts a cloud over the entire Defiance system. I'm hoping that, even if your internal people aren't deeply knowledgeable of the Defiance architecture and most of the decisions being made are from anecdotal evidence or "facts" departed Trion employees left you with, there are solutions to any situation, you just have to find the person who is willing to say yes, you can do that, where everyone else said it wasn't possible.

Buy, sell, trade and socialize at the Hulker Cafe

Well we tried pretty much everything carrot and stick and whatever else. Begged raged asked nice said please lol they still wouldn't change much. If it really is a crapped out cat5 cable making the game lag for 6 months it'd be friggen tragic lol. That's some impressive experience I hope they get in touch with you and honestly I'm surprised they didn't already. Players have been asking for fixes for years but still it's always the same! They just do nothing or barely anything. And it was suggested before someone said let modders tweak the game and then Gamigo can approve the changes. Eventually we'd have pretty good running games. I don't see how or why it'd be out of the scope of reality to let one of the players fix it rather than just shut it down for good.

But yea with 360's being discontinued by Microsoft it was going to end up shut down eventually. The only way to have any hope really is get the console accounts transferred to a pc server. Defiance can live on forever on there I would think.

There is a lot of mention about possibility of what could have been done, but it won't happen. For those who claim they have the technical skill of replicating the game, why not just host a private server. I wouldn't mind playing D13 in a private server just for fun like the PTS.

Might as well shut down ps3 as well, the servers are trash. Takes multiple attempts to even log in (like 5 or 6 at least), all matchmaking activities disconnect you after the scorecard (coop, expo, pvp).

Quote Originally Posted by photoz View Post
    There is a lot of mention about possibility of what could have been done, but it won't happen. For those who claim they have the technical skill of replicating the game, why not just host a private server. I wouldn't mind playing D13 in a private server just for fun like the PTS.

making a server protocol from the beginning is time consuming but idea by self what you tell is nice.
    difference between us and gamigo, they have access for everything at they game.

Quote Originally Posted by fm0987 View Post
    Might as well shut down ps3 as well.

you can actually be right about that, then they have more free time for pc stuff and not need deal issues at ps3

---

all company's have only one coal,crab the money, but some off them not realize for make money you first need spend money
    gamigo buyed trion but they forget one thing, there is no easy money. they think that those old stuff what is in at game in years is attractive for players , there are online game makers who have huge success because they push hard by adding new stuff to game.

to you think that trion director sell the company for fun, no he sell because off lazy people who worked at there.
    there is some talks at here and there in internet what happened inside trion. anyway for me it looks someday same also happens with gamigo

Hi Medjed,

Wow your reply was just something else.
    I once watched and reminded of a movie/scenario where the antagonist pretends to help a dying old man by poisoning him in little dosage, pretends to care yet daily giving him a cup of water laced with micro dosage of poison. The antagonist did this so he/she could prolonged the suffering, duped the dying old man into believing the act was done out of altruism. The antagonist did well in tricking the dying man into thinking that his health is improving; everyday always without fail, telling the man "Here drink the water, I see progress in your health, I'm here being optimistic about you". The movie deals with the theme of deception and false hope, but to what purpose?. As the movie reaching its ending, the antagonist convinced the dying old man to transfer his wealth to him/her, and take possession of the wealth under the pretense of "managing and safe guarding" until the dying man gets better. The last stretch of the movie goes like this, the dying old man finally passed away and the people of the town was finally clued-in of the scheme perpetrated by the antagonist. In an attempt to defend him/her self, the antagonist said (I don't remember exactly, but something like this) "I feel sorry for the passing of the old man. However, the announcement of the transfer of the inheritance/will was made four weeks before the death of the old man, there was notary and lawyer served as witnesses, technically I didn't break any rules from my side". Begrudgingly the town people dispersed and dismayed from what they heard, internally livid but fully aware there's nothing they could do to rectify the situation or brought the antagonist to justice. Before the closing credit traversing, there was a flashback scene where the old man caught a glance of the antagonist mixing something to his drink, so now the audience got to think if it's a possibility that the old man was aware of the scheme and play along (be submissive) because of a phenomenon called Stockholm syndrome.

Anyway, I hope you are ok Medjed, you had me worried because you said you experienced a hard time "This is definitely a hard time for all of us...". Stay safe and healthy especially in pandemic times like nowadays. I see progress and remain optimistic about you Medjed. Please extend my greeting and well-wish to Pax as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    We completely understand your frustration about xbox 360 closure. We really care for every player’s invested time in Defiance Xbox 360 and we would never take your invested money for the sake of ‘cash grab’. Like many other games Defiance is ‘living’ by its player’s support, European Union is not helping in its development.

During the last months we tried many ways to keep Defiance on Xbox 360 but we can’t do it forever. Most of you know how many server issues there was and we really wanted to solve them but with time being nothing could get fixed due to old technical systems, so it became impossible for our Team to properly sustain the game on Xbox 360 platform and we had no other choice than to leave it behind.

And since we can’t keep this platform anymore, the only thing we can offer you is to transfer your items and reward you with Valor Commendation in Defiance 2050 based on your Pursuit Progress and the purchases made on the account. We wish we could transfer accounts to PC or PS3 or do a full transfer of ingame inventory and progress but we can’t. Not because we don’t want to do it but because it’s technically not possible. That may look like nothing to some of you but this is the most we can offer to our beloved community. We don’t want to lose you so this is the only way how we can continue the journey together. If you don’t want to stay with us, we will understand it, we can’t force you.

Like it was already said before and in FAQ we have no intention to close other platforms. Defiance will stop its existence someday like every other multiplayer game at some time. But currently we have no reason to shut down D13 nor D2050, so it’s safe to play these games.

We also feel sorry for those who topup Bits recently and feel cheated. However, since the announcement was made four weeks before the shutdown, technically we didn’t break any rules from our side and you still can play for four weeks, so we cannot assist you here regarding purchased Bits. For individual cases you can of course send a ticket to the Customer Support and discuss your issue there.

This is definitely a hard time for all of us and I hope that will see some of you in Defiance 2050 or on PS3 and PC.
    In game: David Ringo

You guys still have any confidence in a company that does a server data migration, without any fail-safes, can't fix their mistakes, then blame it on console hardware, all while telling us they are working on and trying to fix and gathering information and want it fixed since September 2019... All while running sale after sale and cash grab after cash grab egging us on?

As far as game engine fixes it's gamebro engine been out decades since original Xbox starting with Elders Scrolls Morrowind... You really think in game issues can't be fixed or someone to be hired who can...

Gamigo you should have just stuck to mobile games, instead of bringing your same old act of buying up games, not developing, not fixing, cash grabbing and shutting down after milking it for every last drop, now on consoles too...

Horrible company that only cares about the
    $€¥£¢

F 2050 F Gamigo, never touching another product ever again big Oof
    Live by the sword, die by the sword.