+ Reply to Thread

Devouring Essence 4th Perk not Working

I have a video that I have posted on Discord but restating it here to give more spotlight. I was trying to make a build with perks from Assault, Replication, and Devouring Essence to constantly regenerate abilities but something felt off. So I tested my 2 Devouring Essence guns on 99ers. I use a protection spike on the combat medic as a test. It takes approximately 40 ticks to fill the protection spike for use. The perk states 20% so, if 40 ticks is about 40 seconds then we should shave off about 8 seconds off of the regeneration. From my video you will see with both guns (with all 4 mods equipped) gave no bump or boost to the regeneration of the ability. That should give a good chunk for fast regenerating abilities and a little bit for slower ones. I felt like I was missing a piece. The reason is because the 4th perk doesn't work making my ability regenning build to feel weaker. If we are going to have 20% of our ability regenned or 20% of the time taken to regenerate the perk it should be visually noticeable. There was no signs of a bump or boost to the regeneration.

None of these things work correctly. Actually, most synergy boost don't work correctly. For example, the grape juice from EH synergy triggers about 40% of the time, with long on and off period. It's the same thing for event type weapons, and some 4th mastery on OJ weapons. Usually they'll work for a while, then stop for a while, with no rhyme or reason.

If you look at your synergy matrix or inspect your gun, the ability usually works for at least a while. For me it pretty much always stop working after a teleport. Actually every bonus of every kind stop working when I teleport, until I at least switch gun, but sometimes I have to actually look at my inventory/abilities/synergy matrix to get these things to work.

For something that doesn't have any visual indicator (for example +x% damage), you'll never know if you have the boost activated or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    None of these things work correctly. Actually, most synergy boost don't work correctly. For example, the grape juice from EH synergy triggers about 40% of the time, with long on and off period. It's the same thing for event type weapons, and some 4th mastery on OJ weapons. Usually they'll work for a while, then stop for a while, with no rhyme or reason.

If you look at your synergy matrix or inspect your gun, the ability usually works for at least a while. For me it pretty much always stop working after a teleport. Actually every bonus of every kind stop working when I teleport, until I at least switch gun, but sometimes I have to actually look at my inventory/abilities/synergy matrix to get these things to work.

For something that doesn't have any visual indicator (for example +x% damage), you'll never know if you have the boost activated or not.
    Well if I run into any more things that don't work while I'm making builds I'll note it and maybe post it if I care enough lol

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    It'd be nice if we could use UI add-ons to indicate bonus/proc status, but I'm assuming that it would just be something else we could use to point at stuff that wasn't working.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

We'd most likely find a bunch more buffs that don't work, like I even question the 5% less dmg taken from enemies perk from the mod fusion, but there is not a very ez way to test that to check

6.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #6
    There is no bug with this perk.

The perk does reduce a cooldown by 20%. But there are a few rules that must be followed:

a. You must use the ability to trigger cooldown.
    b. During cooldown you must kill at least 2-3 enemies. 1 Kill doesn’t trigger it (didn’t test on more powerful enemies, but doesn’t work with just 1 Skitterling). That’s why it says ‘kills” in the description.
    c. Cooldown will be reduced by 20% from the remaining cooldown after you have killed those enemies.

E.g., Triggering Healing Stim on Assault Class would need 20s for a cooldown.
    If you take down 2-3 Skitterlings or Mutants right after triggering the Heal Stim the overall cooldown will be reduced from 20 seconds to 17seconds.

What about my Prime Devouring Thunder?
    No bonus points assigned -> reload is 4.8.
    9 bonus points put into reload -> reload is 4.8.
    1st devour mod put onto the LMG with 9 bonus points in reload-> reload is 4.8.
    4 devour mods installed, one of them is reload and the 9 bonus points in reload -> reload is 4.8.

A normal purple Thunder reload is in the 3's.

My LMG skill level is 56, so I'm even 'adding' the 3% reload bonus on top of all that (I know the 3% is applied to the baseline weapon stat) to get the crap Prime reload.

I could walk across Collective Plaza an *HAND* a mag to a Bulwark faster than reloading the mag in the Prime Thunder..

Crushing all my devour weapons and mods except an OJ SS-2 B/A and the Thunder, because the event isn't worth saving anything from, or even wasting any of the daily PG on.

The only reason I even go to MM finals is just to snipe DM NPCs, especially the Bulwarks.
    It really makes no difference to me whether the MM final fails or not, the loot is useless, so the weapon leveling is best for me when the MM final drags out the the last second.
    I have lots of opinions.

NA/pc.
    2013:

8.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #8
    It’s not just your Prime Devouring Thunder. All weapon stats themselves can be inconsistent. The only way to verify increases is to fight same enemy before and after significant upgrade. So, it's very hard to test if it's actually working right as it’s not like using a 3% reload bonus would give you any exceptional gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    It’s not just your Prime Devouring Thunder. All weapon stats themselves can be inconsistent. The only way to verify increases is to fight same enemy before and after significant upgrade. So, it's very hard to test if it's actually working right as it’s not like using a 3% reload bonus would give you any exceptional gains.
    I understand that issue.
    An issue separate from the Prime Devour Thunder that addresses the point you make in the above quote is that I generally go to the New Freedom crash site and hunt mutants several times a day with a single mutant loadout that I always use.
    I dont vary the weapon/mods/class, or crystals used, it's the build I always use there for mutants.
    Critical headshots damage point scores that appear on the screen are different from run to run, usually every day and sometimes several times a day.
    Same me, same crowds of mutants in the same places comapared to the last run-through.
    Different damage numbers for single shot critical headshot kills on the same mutants in the same place than from the last run.
    I solo, so it's not scaling differently based on other shooters or different people in the group.
    Specific examples:
    It happens at the first 4 mutants at the truck on the left 300 feet south of the crash site portal location.
    It happens in the entire Sniper Ridge mission.
    It happens in the rescue mission just over the hill from Sniper Ridge with the 2 downed NPCs.
    And the following missions around the shotgun hotshot.

Those aren't the only places, they're just the first ones outside New Freedom.

Sometimes a run will do 265K crit damage/headshot.
    The next run might be 190K, or 155K damage/headshot.
    It makes no sense, but it happens all the time.

And the map discontinuity coming down the hill between Sniper Ridge and the NPC rescue mission drives me nuts as the badguys and the whole mission blinks in/out/in over and over as you cross the wide overlap area.
    Same thing happens at several areas around Kinship Plaza missions, and in the Kinship parking garage area. There seems to be a few missions in those areas that pop up and disappear without being able to do them. Mutants populate those areas as you approach, then disappear as you cross the overlap.

A player can stand still in some of those areas and watch NPCs blink in and out, moving to different locations as they walk their path before reappearing in the other loaction on the path. The accord NPC rescue mission will reset over and over as you engage the beginning, instantly respawning the NPCs you just killed, and resetting the score to zero each time.
    I have lots of opinions.

NA/pc.
    2013: