+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

To the Defiance Team (As a Whole but Excluding CA's)

This was originally posted today in Defiance Discord Channel:

TRION are the creators of Defiance & Gamigo are now the Managers of that vehicle (Defiance) to ensure it reaches the destination "They" & "Us" want it to go (The Goal). We the Players are are just as important to this goal as the CA's, CM's, Dev's, CEO's etc. We all play a part in getting this vehicle to its destination, where everyone is happy and content.

If there is toxicity, then it was created by you the Management from your actions or inactions. Besides the managerial side of things, your focus should be to make this vehicle non toxic, by allowing al players to speak their mind at all cost. You will never know what you need to do, if you continue to limit players with rules, preventing them from speaking their mind and banning them, when their only interest is to see this game kick butt again and become a success. Your other focus should also include: Keep your Customers/Patrons happy at all cost. When that happens, the toxicity disappears!

Good Communication: This area greatly lacks and needs improving. You are not telling us what we want to know. The many points players ask of you to fix or implement is often given a shallow reply with no follow up or pushed to the wayside and ignored in hope they just fade away. This is not good business practice and also creates the toxicity you often talk about. You need to stop blaming us and own this this yourself. You at the top create this outcome.

The greatest compliment I can give to TRION is they gave the Community TWITCH to ask questions, get answers live from the Team. Many players I know back then would stop playing, just to go and be a part of Twitch and talk with them. You killed it! This was one of many excellent ways to communicate with the community. The other was when the Team would come on the game and play with us, including when a competition was on. You don't do this! Why don't you do the same thing here on Discord. Make a live channel once a month, come down off your high perches and talk with the community and be accountable when you make promises.

When there is no true feedback, regarding the many good points we make that may be considered, and no feedback of follow up by adding a rough timeline of when the point may be implemented, but only silence, it's no wonder we who give a toss about this awesome game, continue to repeat these points many times over, because most of us feel we are ignored, not important and that you don't give a toss (Gamigo). The toxicity comes from you, who cause this by ignoring the things we the players know or believe the game needs, not letting players speak their mind honestly, which creates the anger, frustration, bad language, being offended and also leaving the game.

Suggestion: Once a month, post a list of points players made, give feedback on each point and why if you cannot implement it. Its important to the community, to know how you think as a company, honesty, and openness. To know that you have genuinely acknowledge the things we ask from you by taking the effort to post them at the hand of one of the CM's etc. Make this channel "No Reply Allowed" and it can be discussed in the main chats.

Follow up is so important also. If a point was discussed previously and was said it will not be implemented, but later it is considered, we the players need to hear that. WE ALL WANT TO HELP YOU MAKE THIS WORK! But you need to count us, just as important as you are in this company.
    Ozz Squad Warriors: PC D50 EU/NA
    Originally Founded D13: 23rd July 2013.

Old Clan Page: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ntries-Welcome!
    Steam Charts:
    https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=defiance

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    This was originally posted today in Defiance Discord Channel:

TRION are the creators of Defiance & Gamigo are now the Managers of that vehicle (Defiance) to ensure it reaches the destination "They" & "Us" want it to go (The Goal). We the Players are are just as important to this goal as the CA's, CM's, Dev's, CEO's etc. We all play a part in getting this vehicle to its destination, where everyone is happy and content.

If there is toxicity, then it was created by you the Management from your actions or inactions. Besides the managerial side of things, your focus should be to make this vehicle non toxic, by allowing al players to speak their mind at all cost. You will never know what you need to do, if you continue to limit players with rules, preventing them from speaking their mind and banning them, when their only interest is to see this game kick butt again and become a success. Your other focus should also include: Keep your Customers/Patrons happy at all cost. When that happens, the toxicity disappears!

Good Communication: This area greatly lacks and needs improving. You are not telling us what we want to know. The many points players ask of you to fix or implement is often given a shallow reply with no follow up or pushed to the wayside and ignored in hope they just fade away. This is not good business practice and also creates the toxicity you often talk about. You need to stop blaming us and own this this yourself. You at the top create this outcome.

The greatest compliment I can give to TRION is they gave the Community TWITCH to ask questions, get answers live from the Team. Many players I know back then would stop playing, just to go and be a part of Twitch and talk with them. You killed it! This was one of many excellent ways to communicate with the community. The other was when the Team would come on the game and play with us, including when a competition was on. You don't do this! Why don't you do the same thing here on Discord. Make a live channel once a month, come down off your high perches and talk with the community and be accountable when you make promises.

When there is no true feedback, regarding the many good points we make that may be considered, and no feedback of follow up by adding a rough timeline of when the point may be implemented, but only silence, it's no wonder we who give a toss about this awesome game, continue to repeat these points many times over, because most of us feel we are ignored, not important and that you don't give a toss (Gamigo). The toxicity comes from you, who cause this by ignoring the things we the players know or believe the game needs, not letting players speak their mind honestly, which creates the anger, frustration, bad language, being offended and also leaving the game.

Suggestion: Once a month, post a list of points players made, give feedback on each point and why if you cannot implement it. Its important to the community, to know how you think as a company, honesty, and openness. To know that you have genuinely acknowledge the things we ask from you by taking the effort to post them at the hand of one of the CM's etc. Make this channel "No Reply Allowed" and it can be discussed in the main chats.

Follow up is so important also. If a point was discussed previously and was said it will not be implemented, but later it is considered, we the players need to hear that. WE ALL WANT TO HELP YOU MAKE THIS WORK! But you need to count us, just as important as you are in this company.
    THIS. Honestly, they rarely attempted to try and communicate with players and when they did it was very vague and as a result no one takes it seriously as it could just be something that is interpreted as false hope. You cant make people wait forever as it has been 3 YEARS since they have came with news. The players will go to a newer game if there is never newer content released to play on. It does not help at all as the only things they post about are bits sale, l understand that as a business you need to make money, but when there is no newer content and bits sales are getting posted, people will think and interpret that you are just milking the game and that you are here just for the show.

As for your suggestion, it is a great solution that will work wonders considering how l dont even see Ca's communicating and they were supposed to 'open the lines of communication'. Hopefully they acknowledge your post because the community is getting tired of the crickets in the background because of the silence they are giving us and the secrecy that they think should not be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dymical View Post
    ... a great solution that will work wonders considering how l don't even see CA's communicating and they were supposed to 'open the lines of communication'.
    Funny to think how this bold claim literally fell by the wayside, eh?
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Before we announce the winners please consider that due to no clear information, we couldn’t determine the winners."
    Imagine thinking a recycled event is more important than server performance in 2021.

Thanks for your replies Everyone. This may be my last shot at trying to get them to consider their actions and do something we the players want, to keep us in the game.

As you can see by my profile, I have been here a long time & player of Defiance, but due to many posts I sent in the past, standing up for the players, I was given a permanent ban. Thankfully I am back after 6 years, but many of my old posts were removed before I was given back the opportunity to post again.

I have seen over the years the many many many requests from players fall to the wayside, which left us all feeling angry, disheartened, and even left the game. I am hoping they seriously start to listen, consider, implementing things we want, and genuinely start giving us good communication and feedback, we need so that we all know where things stand and if possible, help where we can to make the game kick butt again.

This game, despite the fact the series ended, still has so much potential and room for new things, the only thing that stops this is when the management don't wanna listen to us, they start losing money and players leave and they go broke.

MEDIA GAMES INVEST bought almost 100% of Gamigo shares. Where did all that money go? Why can't they give us a new expansion (Map) with new content, built on new technology as they did with Archeage? They wonder why we all complain.

Steam Charts:

I said this was a business because it's obvious what matters most to the new management that bought Defiance is money. I don't expect Gamigo to push the innovative button and breathe life back into Defiance. At this point, the damage is done. We now have "Ambassadors" for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    This game, despite the fact the series ended, still has so much potential and room for new things, the only thing that stops this is when the management don't wanna listen to us, they start losing money and players leave and they go broke.
    Quoted for truth.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Before we announce the winners please consider that due to no clear information, we couldn’t determine the winners."
    Imagine thinking a recycled event is more important than server performance in 2021.

Gamigo owns and manages at least 24 games. If they skimmed a little money from all of these games and used it for more staff, new content, even a new expansion for Defiance, and then maintained good management, communication and content, I am sure players would take another chance on them and a percentage would return and spend money.

Judging by the myriad of requests from players over time, one of the common ones are, players want new content, because they are bored with the things that are currently in place and have said they will move on. It was also said, that if new content was added, they would be more inclined to spend money on the game, compared to the current status.

With good management, I am sure that Gamigo could make allowance for this, IF they are not prevented to do so, through legal matters, which accompanied the acquisition of Defiance.

With the capital gained from MEDIA GAME INVEST, coupled with skimming a little off the many other games they own, we could have something great to look forward to if they plan it right.

I have provided a link for all to view, regarding the games Gamigo manage and own.
    https://en.gamigo.com/

Steam Charts:

Gamigo, can you please make some comment to us here. Thank you

Steam Charts:

*Gamigo has left the conversation

When Gamigo decides to sell lootboxes for real money, the CMs make loads of posts. I hope Gamigo sells this game to a good company that knows how to look after its players, rather than milking money out of players. TBH, though, I think this game is on its last legs. Gamigo have ruined it. The CMs are utther rubbish. The CAs are quietly following Gamigo's official line. D13 is not a bad game, but Gamigo seem to find ways to make it worse, month on month. CMs do not have a single f'ing clue. This post will proabably be deemed toxic :-) It is constructive criticism. Gamigo need to stop slouching at their keyboards and keep asking for money.