+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbaMinx View Post
    When Gamigo decides to sell lootboxes for real money, the CMs make loads of posts. I hope Gamigo sells this game to a good company that knows how to look after its players, rather than milking money out of players. TBH, though, I think this game is on its last legs. Gamigo have ruined it. The CMs are utther rubbish. The CAs are quietly following Gamigo's official line. D13 is not a bad game, but Gamigo seem to find ways to make it worse, month on month. CMs do not have a single f'ing clue. This post will proabably be deemed toxic :-) It is constructive criticism. Gamigo need to stop slouching at their keyboards and keep asking for money.
    The CMs job is to sell stuff. They are salesmen. There are not there to help you or anything like that, they're hired on the basis that they'll bring in more than they cost (and when they don't, they get fired).

    D or D50 will not be sold to anyone. It's a meaningless game at this point, and they'll just keep it going until it doesn't bring in enough to pay the AMZN bill. Then they're gonna pull the plug, like they did for X360.

  2. #12
    Member Ozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    378
    It would be nice to get a short message from the CM's when players pour out their heart on what they see the game needs. Example: Thank you for your feedback. We have acknowledge your points and will take them to our next board meeting. Not from CA's!

    The absence of this, is as bad as talking to a person in real life to their face, and they just ignore you. This inaction offends all! This is why one of my main points is all about genuine communication, keeping promises and keeping your player base from completely depleting!
    Ozz Squad Warriors: PC D50 EU/NA
    Originally Founded D13: 23rd July 2013.

    Old Clan Page: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ntries-Welcome!
    Steam Charts:
    https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=defiance

  3. #13
    Member WhiteStrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    [2050]PC-EU (Inactive)
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Valani View Post
    We now have "Ambassadors" for some reason...
    Because Gamigo's whole plan was firing as many developers as possible and hiring CMs to trick consumers into thinking the game is going somewhere, as CMs are far cheaper hires than Programmers, Artists, etc. Ambassors are basically here for the same purpose.
    Defiance is gone. Gamigo has been "not neglecting" the game for over a year, yet there's nothing new except for low effort arkfalls and bitshop items.
    I know it might be hard to quit a game you loved for years but you have to understand that it won't get better. Ever. If you like the game in it's current state, then sure, keep playing it. You're enjoying yourself after all. But if you aren't, don't hope for a better future for Defiance. Because it won't come.


    Spoiler:


  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    Because Gamigo's whole plan was firing as many developers as possible and hiring CMs to trick consumers into thinking the game is going somewhere, as CMs are far cheaper hires than Programmers, Artists, etc. Ambassors are basically here for the same purpose.
    Aren't "Ambasssadors" just unpaid CMs?

  5. #15
    Ambassador King Krayola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30
    No, not really. Our resources are just as limited as yours in that we only have direct contact with the CM's and PM (You have the same capabilities in terms of communication). We have no direct contact with the Development Team and we have no direct contact with the Customer Service (Ticketing) team either.

    The purpose of having us Community Ambassadors around is to be the face of the community. We are the liaison between the player base and Gamingo (In this case the CM's and PM given who we are allowed communications with). As we all know, Trion's assets were bought out by Gamingo, so whatever development plans Trion had for Defiance and Defiance 2050 you might as well consider void if you're thinking about future new content since it is now under new ownership; that's not to say that content couldn't be introduced in the future, but the focus right now is not on new content but rather long term server stability. We are essentially getting their team up to speed on what the game is about including game mechanics as well as informing them of what types of things the player base would like to have regarding events, community activities, sales, as well as explaining current in-game exploits that can have a negative impact on the rest of the player base. Our job consists of moderating the Forums and Discord server, assisting players with in game questions and issues and the assistance with event planning. However, regarding particular issues like reporting of cheaters, player harassment or bug and server stability issues; those are all taken care of by the Customer Service (Ticketing) team. In my signature here you can find those two links for reporting Lag and reporting bugs.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by King Krayola View Post
    No, not really. Our resources are just as limited as yours in that we only have direct contact with the CM's and PM (You have the same capabilities in terms of communication). We have no direct contact with the Development Team and we have no direct contact with the Customer Service (Ticketing) team either.

    The purpose of having us Community Ambassadors around is to be the face of the community. We are the liaison between the player base and Gamingo (In this case the CM's and PM given who we are allowed communications with). As we all know, Trion's assets were bought out by Gamingo, so whatever development plans Trion had for Defiance and Defiance 2050 you might as well consider void if you're thinking about future new content since it is now under new ownership; that's not to say that content couldn't be introduced in the future, but the focus right now is not on new content but rather long term server stability. We are essentially getting their team up to speed on what the game is about including game mechanics as well as informing them of what types of things the player base would like to have regarding events, community activities, sales, as well as explaining current in-game exploits that can have a negative impact on the rest of the player base. Our job consists of moderating the Forums and Discord server, assisting players with in game questions and issues and the assistance with event planning. However, regarding particular issues like reporting of cheaters, player harassment or bug and server stability issues; those are all taken care of by the Customer Service (Ticketing) team. In my signature here you can find those two links for reporting Lag and reporting bugs.
    I read that as "CAs are unpaid forum moderators". Zero effect on the game itself.

  7. #17
    Ambassador King Krayola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    I read that as "CAs are unpaid forum moderators". Zero effect on the game itself.
    Regarding the effects we have in game; we do have influence regarding future arkfall events, community activities and sales, but no, we don't have any in-game or out of game tools or software that can allow those changes. For example... posting bit store deals is a responsibility reserved from the Product Manager and not us CA's.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by King Krayola View Post
    Regarding the effects we have in game; we do have influence regarding future arkfall events, community activities and sales, but no, we don't have any in-game or out of game tools or software that can allow those changes. For example... posting bit store deals is a responsibility reserved from the Product Manager and not us CA's.
    My point is the CMs don't have any impact either, and they can moderate the forum, so really, CAs are CMs without the paycheck. At the end of the day, the point of CA and CM is to make a sale for gamigo, not to improve the game. You don't have the tools for the later.

  9. #19
    Member KevinVonBach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Haddonfield
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    Because Gamigo's whole plan was firing as many developers as possible and hiring CMs to trick consumers into thinking the game is going somewhere, as CMs are far cheaper hires than Programmers, Artists, etc. Ambassadors are basically here for the same purpose.
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

    EZ applause
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Before we announce the winners please consider that due to no clear information, we couldn’t determine the winners."
    Imagine thinking a recycled event is more important than server performance in 2021.

  10. #20
    Ambassador King Krayola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    My point is the CMs don't have any impact either, and they can moderate the forum, so really, CAs are CMs without the paycheck. At the end of the day, the point of CA and CM is to make a sale for gamigo, not to improve the game. You don't have the tools for the later.
    You're right. I don't have the tools to improve the game. However, it is also not the CA's job to make sales for Gamingo. That is up to the PM and CM to do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts