+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To the Defiance Team (Excluding CA's)

Medjed: You know, when trying to get some genuine info & feedback from you mob at the top of the chain, it's like fishing. One keeps trying over and over, but if there are no bites or anything worth keeping, one gives up & moves on!

Is that what you all want for the remaining players who make it profitable enough for you to afford your bills, clothes, food on your table each week?

We all want to know what the plans are you have for this game. We need you to talk with us and be available to answer our concerns. The roadblock starts with you at the top!

I see this game is dying so fast. If you can give us all an understanding of what issues you are facing, what your financial position is, whether you can afford to employ more staff to develop new content and manage things better, and show some empathy to the community who supports you, "MAYBE" somehow we the community can help in some way, if you are genuinely open to suggestions from us.

I can't stand being ignored or given the silence treatment. This shows a great lack of respect, not only to me but to all others who support you!

METAPHOR: A Family can't function properly and achieve their goals if there is no communication. We all play a part in this game and we the community are relying on you to steer this ship in the right direction so that it doesn't sink!

What else can we all say? I see most of the community have lost hope and trust in you the company. It's going to take a lot of effort, to get the show on the road again, if you are to win back our trust!
    Ozz Squad Warriors: PC D50 EU/NA
    Originally Founded D13: 23rd July 2013.

Old Clan Page: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ntries-Welcome!
    Steam Charts:
    https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=defiance

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    Medjed: You know, when trying to get some genuine info & feedback from you mob at the top of the chain, it's like fishing. One keeps trying over and over, but if there are no bites or anything worth keeping, one gives up & moves on!

Is that what you all want for the remaining players who make it profitable enough for you to afford your bills, clothes, food on your table each week?

We all want to know what the plans are you have for this game. We need you to talk with us and be available to answer our concerns. The roadblock starts with you at the top!

I see this game is dying so fast. If you can give us all an understanding of what issues you are facing, what your financial position is, whether you can afford to employ more staff to develop new content and manage things better, and show some empathy to the community who supports you, "MAYBE" somehow we the community can help in some way, if you are genuinely open to suggestions from us.

I can't stand being ignored or given the silence treatment. This shows a great lack of respect, not only to me but to all others who support you!

METAPHOR: A Family can't function properly and achieve their goals if there is no communication. We all play a part in this game and we the community are relying on you to steer this ship in the right direction so that it doesn't sink!

What else can we all say? I see most of the community have lost hope and trust in you the company. It's going to take a lot of effort, to get the show on the road again, if you are to win back our trust!
    You do know it took a thread of 3 pages of replies for them to respond back, right? l have honestly uninstalled both games because it was that hopeless, when l play a MMO or a cooperative game, l expect the developers to keep producing content to keep having more players, l didnt expect such a desolate game until the days gone by, l realized that negligence can truly do so much damage in a games longevity. Playing ESO, it has such an active community that looking into this one make it look 10x better by comparison and makes defiance numbers look pitiful compared to thousands of players in ESO.

3.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #3
    Hello Ozz,

I can totally get how it can be frustrating to receive no information from our side, especially when you’ve lost hope and trust in the company.
    However, it always depends on what kind of information are you expecting from a community manager. A lot of questions were already answered in the past and if there was no update given regarding them then there’s simply no update provided from the developers side. As a community manager I’m mostly delivering you the information I receive from my supervisors. Within the last years a lot of plans were changing through the time and with them changed also our promises and responses. I perfectly know that no one enjoys fishing for the information but it’s also not something that we can deliver to the community with a clear answer. Like I already said it before, currently we cannot give you any update on a new content. As community manager I have no power to make any communication over it as at this point, I own no more information than you have here. Maybe it will change tomorrow, maybe next year, maybe never. But if I get an update on it I’m delivering it to you – the community.

As a community manager I also mentioned it before that we’re we are losing some trust from the community. One of those moments was about lag investigation which lead to some non-civil discussions and delays in process. As a community manager my part was gathering players reports which I was doing however after two months I was only invited to play the game and got supported with only a few players who stayed on topic. You as a community could help us in this case and I still hope that by the beginning of October I’ll be able to provide more information to IT for investigation. And that for future issues that we face I truly hope see a more respectful communication between community managers and users.

Silence also doesn’t mean that you are being ignored. If I’m being asked, I try to give an answer as soon as I can. Sometimes just a few minutes are enough sometimes I need a few hours or days to deliver an answer. As community managers we sometimes start our day with more than 20 requests that requires a few hours to days to check and investigate. So of course, at those times something irrelevant gets moved to a later check something gets missed. But at this point – I’m not a Customer Support and I cannot spend a whole day on reading my DMs. I have other tasks that I have to do and I switch to them.

You get the silence but I read your and other users concerns, so that we we try to fulfill them. It’s not something that can be done in a one day so some takes weeks or even months. It all starts with a proposal, then planning, possibilities/investigation and finally execution. Each stage can take days to weeks.

So, at this point I can say that we will have a new community manager who will help us to build a better communication. When I can't give you any details yet.
    We will also have in-game communication someday and we are looking into all possibilities to improve your game play.
    Even with lack of reports about lag issues we are still trying to improve server stability based on received reports.

So, in conclusion I don’t want to say that I want to win back your trust. I’m not a magician so with or without your trust I can’t make this game as on day one. The game will never be the same. What I want is this this community to like this game and support it by simply being part of Defiance and Defiance 2050 community, supporting each other and not spreading the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Medjed View Post
    Hello Ozz,

I can totally get how it can be frustrating to receive no information from our side, especially when you’ve lost hope and trust in the company.
    However, it always depends on what kind of information are you expecting from a community manager. A lot of questions were already answered in the past and if there was no update given regarding them then there’s simply no update provided from the developers side. As a community manager I’m mostly delivering you the information I receive from my supervisors. Within the last years a lot of plans were changing through the time and with them changed also our promises and responses. I perfectly know that no one enjoys fishing for the information but it’s also not something that we can deliver to the community with a clear answer. Like I already said it before, currently we cannot give you any update on a new content. As community manager I have no power to make any communication over it as at this point, I own no more information than you have here. Maybe it will change tomorrow, maybe next year, maybe never. But if I get an update on it I’m delivering it to you – the community.

As a community manager I also mentioned it before that we’re we are losing some trust from the community. One of those moments was about lag investigation which lead to some non-civil discussions and delays in process. As a community manager my part was gathering players reports which I was doing however after two months I was only invited to play the game and got supported with only a few players who stayed on topic. You as a community could help us in this case and I still hope that by the beginning of October I’ll be able to provide more information to IT for investigation. And that for future issues that we face I truly hope see a more respectful communication between community managers and users.

Silence also doesn’t mean that you are being ignored. If I’m being asked, I try to give an answer as soon as I can. Sometimes just a few minutes are enough sometimes I need a few hours or days to deliver an answer. As community managers we sometimes start our day with more than 20 requests that requires a few hours to days to check and investigate. So of course, at those times something irrelevant gets moved to a later check something gets missed. But at this point – I’m not a Customer Support and I cannot spend a whole day on reading my DMs. I have other tasks that I have to do and I switch to them.

You get the silence but I read your and other users concerns, so that we we try to fulfill them. It’s not something that can be done in a one day so some takes weeks or even months. It all starts with a proposal, then planning, possibilities/investigation and finally execution. Each stage can take days to weeks.

So, at this point I can say that we will have a new community manager who will help us to build a better communication. When I can't give you any details yet.
    We will also have in-game communication someday and we are looking into all possibilities to improve your game play.
    Even with lack of reports about lag issues we are still trying to improve server stability based on received reports.

So, in conclusion I don’t want to say that I want to win back your trust. I’m not a magician so with or without your trust I can’t make this game as on day one. The game will never be the same. What I want is this this community to like this game and support it by simply being part of Defiance and Defiance 2050 community, supporting each other and not spreading the hate.
    yall make it easy to hate yall . yall havent done nothing for years with the games , but mess it up the servers . is it to hard to plug in a fricking ps3 into defiance na or eu ? because the extreme server lag is still on going .

im surprised the CM responded, it took a battle of replies for the CM to respond, well done Ozz.

Hello Ozz,

TL;DR:
    1-No new content, ever;
    2-Lag was/is player's fault;
    3-We read your posts, it's just that we don't care to answer;
    4-New CM incoming, I've been abused enough.

FYI medjed, #2 is REALLY insulting to players. The lag was/is everywhere, all the time, for everyone on EU server. It's not like it was some obscure bug that requires detailed description. Blaming players for an issue that is 100% server side and readily apparent is really low.

Angry

sorry to break the news to everyone, but if you knew of a game called Crimecraft MMO, the same thing that happen with that game is happening with defiance. The simple fact is, there's no devs, theres no dev team, the CM or CM's probably don't even know who they are, or lying about it. This game will shut down soon or out of nowhere. The same thign happen with crimecraft, there was one supposedly GM there who kept telling the community he can't get in touch with the devs and kept saying he doesn't know who they are. Its all BS.

The fact that we don't one dev here anymore should tell yall something. All i know, enjoy the game while its here. The only sad thing is that they won't make this game offline playable, at least we can play solo, but doesn't look like that is going to happen.

This is why i stopped spending money on free2play games, too many good games has shut down without any effort of making them offline playable.

Quote Originally Posted by LAPDAlonzo View Post
    sorry to break the news to everyone, but if you knew of a game called Crimecraft MMO, the same thing that happen with that game is happening with defiance. The simple fact is, there's no devs, theres no dev team, the CM or CM's probably don't even know who they are, or lying about it. This game will shut down soon or out of nowhere. The same thign happen with crimecraft, there was one supposedly GM there who kept telling the community he can't get in touch with the devs and kept saying he doesn't know who they are. Its all BS.

The fact that we don't one dev here anymore should tell yall something. All i know, enjoy the game while its here. The only sad thing is that they won't make this game offline playable, at least we can play solo, but doesn't look like that is going to happen.

This is why i stopped spending money on free2play games, too many good games has shut down without any effort of making them offline playable.
    Looks like history is repeating itself again except in Defiance, sucks this game will die but at least bl2 is here to stay.

Hello Ozz,

To Medjed: I left this message a few days to see if I received any reply from you. If you didn't reply, I was going to delete the remaining chars on D50 EU & NA, plus all the D13 EU & NA chars, as a statement of principle, to show you what inaction and bad actions can do to your community base and the game. I am glad you replied and appreciate it thank you.

I cannot express enough, how important it is for you mob at the top to communicate to us, and acknowledge the things we pour out to you all from our hearts about this game, which we love.

Your Quote: As a community manager I’m mostly delivering you the information I receive from my supervisors. It seems the roadblock is above you, preventing you from telling us things we want to know, to pass it on down the chain to the CA's to tell us.

Having said that, to acknowledge these points said, is also not enough, though well appreciated. We long term players "WANT" new things, to keep our interest in the game.

Recently I mentioned that Gamigo runs about 25 games if I recall. I also suggested: Why can't Gamigo skim off some funds from these games (Without breaking them) and transfer it to Defiance and/or Defiance 2050 to employ new staff to invent new content with new whatever, followed by marketing & promotions to give this game a new boost, along with the funds which came from Media Games invest buying out Gamigo shares?

Its obvious to me and most of us, you are nowadays struggling with a shortage of staff to attend to the ongoing issues in this game, which I believe is mostly to do with lack of funds, desire to invest more into it and other things.

The game has become stagnated and boring. It need a new boost and how you market this items in store, I believe could be way better also. Something isn't working!

Just as many companies have shares they sell on the market and rely in investors, it requires them yo look after their investors so that they don't lose money, ruin plans to expand and grow the company or product etc. However, your longterm players (Paying customers) are in principle the same as investors, but on a smaller scale. We too need you to look after our investment and us, to keep our interest ongoing. We who remain are the backbone of what you have left, after the disastrous bad management of this game over the years.

If Final Fantasy can produce many many expansions of new content over the years after the original release, then why can't you mob do the same? Why give up on us who love this game? Please, skim monies from the other games and use it for D50 and make it kick butt again! You can do it, all you have to do is make that choice.

What I have never seen from any of you is this: You never ask us what we want and if you did, would you do it? If you can't do it, would you tell us why?

I also mentioned recently of making a page (Pinned) of all the points players made asking of you to do this or that accompanied with an answer or reason about each point. I believe if you did that and players can easily see it always at teh top of the forum page, then you won't have to keep answering the same questions over and over, as they can just click on the list and find the answer to the Q they have. But all in all, we want to see growth happening in the game, not stagnation. No effort = no joy!

This all plays a crucial part in good communication! Good communication also prevents as many of you have said, "Toxicity". However, there is no point adding new staff to communicate to us, if you don't unblock the roadblock up that chain, which prevents you from telling us things we want to know regarding the game and its direction, because it will only be empty words as it is now.

So here are my big questions to you:
    1. Do you have the finances to employ more staff to develop new content?
    2. What are your plans for this game? (Only like the game? You will lose us!)
    3. Will you ask the community what we want and do it?

As for the frequent lag in the game, I have seen it and I have video proof of cheaters/hackers doing it to the servers and crashing it. However, when I mentioned to you mob on Discord that you should reward players who help you catch cheaters, the answer was either silence or a no at the end of the day.

Do you not know how much game time of mine and other players it takes from us, to provide to you proof, but you are not willing to offer anyone a gesture of thanks by giving a generous ingame reward for our efforts to help you make the game run better and hold your player base steadfast.

This to shows no respect or gratitude to me or others who want to help you. I see and know who many of them are on EU and NA servers, but when you do nothing for us, why should we lose our game time to help you for nothing?

One of the worst rules I have ever seen in this forum, is the one where someone will be banned for a goodbye post. If anyone posts something like that, its bcos most of the reasons why are true and justified.

The other one is, you don't allow players to speak their mind about the issues they have and feel about the game feely, but they risk getting banned. TOXICITY you say, but it is you mob who create it! This is not good. No matter what they might say about "The Game", if you ban them for that, bcos they are angry about something you did by your actions or inactions, then you will only offend them and they will leave like so many already did!

As a company, you cannot dictate what waves you only, want to ride, bcos it doesn't work like that in real life. You have to ride every wave that comes from producing this game with its issues. If you shut everyone down and ban them for expressing their feelings about something game related, then you will lose us fast. You need to hear us out raw and unpleasant at times to bring about a good outcome so you and all the community are happy about it. You cannot continue to use the word toxic and blame us for it. It always starts with how you mob at the top deal with it that produces the waves that follow.

This is why I posted the: Masters Degree in Communication (Post), bco these people know how to communicate exceptionally well in all areas.
    METAPHOR: If you repremand a child everytime they speak, how will they learn or grow, if by your reprimanding, destroy every new bud that sprouts?

The same principle applies here with you mob, if you shut us down for speaking our minds, then the game you produce will also not grow, but destroyed by your words, actions or inactions. Remember, we are real people on the other end playing your game. The way you treat us determines how well this game succeeds or dies!

I always have so much to say, and so much more to say, but its like flogging a dead horse to make it drink water. When you give us the respect, treat us like human beings and listen to us, and follow through with doing the things we see and want in the game, then you will win back my trust, and I believe others also!

Conclusion:
    * Acknowledge our posts with feedback we need to hear
    * Be open and honest with us and take down the roadblocks that prevent you from telling us what we want to know.
    * Please remove those 2 ridiculous rules
    * Make a genuine effort to implement new things (Not old things)
    * Employ a person with Masters Degree in Communication who knows what they are on about.
    * Acquire funds to invest into this game.
    * Reward players generously for them helping you catch cheaters.
    * Make available again the "Tryptophan Ritual Pursuit" for players to acquire the Poultromancer
    * Make a new Event each month. As one finishes, another one starts.
    * New Vehicles
    * New Outfits in store
    * Raise Inventory cap to 500 or 600
    * Individuality is all about the outfits we wear and the vehicles we drive - Inspire Us!
    * NEW VALOR STORE ITEMS
    * Finish the "Defiance Fort" which was meant to be added on the map in the beginning in the blank spot of the map in San Fran.
    * Open the top end of the map, north of E-Rep Camp and turn it into something playable.
    * Limited time "Pop-ups" on game screen (Not Store), with a rare hard to get item. Timer starts the moment you first log onto any of your chars (But available to all you chars), so that no one misses the deal on "that" day at an affordable price.
    * Increase all vehicles speed so that their normal speed is equivalent to the current boost speed, then adjust the boost speed to go faster.
    * 2 Tone Color picker purchasable from store to use on any Hoverbike, so players can match the bike to the outfit of chars that ride it. (Individuality)
    * New Character Classes.

And so much more ....

Steam Charts:

Quote Originally Posted by Dymical View Post
    im surprised the CM responded, it took a battle of replies for the CM to respond, well done Ozz.
    No Effort = No Joy

Steam Charts: