+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New Race DLC - Starting Over?

From what I've read, one of the DLCs included with the season pass will be a new race. I'd like to skip speculations on what the new race will be and touch a different subject. New race means having to start over with a new character and repeat everything anew that your main character has already been through. Don't you think it's a tad waste of DLC for people who had season pass and have played for the whole time before? Do you also hope there will be other "additions" to that DLC that would somehow compensate for people who do not want to start anew? How do you think it will all look when it's released?

Well theoretically, since there are no variations in game mechanics between race or gender, it would be possible for them to add an item to the store that just lets you totally redo your character's physical appearance down to their race. Of course, that's just speculation and I don't feel that it's very likely.

If its Sensoth, I'm game!
    360 NA
    GT: BleakPanther007
    In-Game: Bleak
    Always interested in Assassin and Stalker Sniper Mods!
    Just Private Message me if you want to sell.

I would hope they let you change it. I see little reason to play an alt.
    Like the Secret World, you can technically get every skill and perk, so why bother with alts?

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    I would hope they let you change it. I see little reason to play an alt.
    Like the Secret World, you can technically get every skill and perk, so why bother with alts?
    They already touched this before and the answer was no, you want to play a new race you gotta start a new character.
    Users - Crowe Ego 1052 - Hero of Paradise - PS3 User: Neodraven1 - Guild: Exodus
    NiM Boss Fight Guide: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...414#post245414
    Bullet for a Badman - Boss Fight:http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...865#post253865
    Systems Owned: Wii, Xbox360/Xbox(Vanilla),PS3/PS2/PSX,PC,N64,SNES,NES,Dreamcast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
    Well theoretically, since there are no variations in game mechanics between race or gender, it would be possible for them to add an item to the store that just lets you totally redo your character's physical appearance down to their race. Of course, that's just speculation and I don't feel that it's very likely.
    Exactly, this would be ideal. What would have been more ideal were slight passive racial traits to begin with. That way there might be some reason to try the different races and just stick with the ones that feel worth the time investment.
    XBox Gamertag: NAPALM SUNRlSE (that "i" is actually a lowercase L, some *** has the actual name already and not even on XBOX, probably as a MSN LIVE id)

Character: Kayden Stryke; Human Female Outlaw; EGO: 387; Most Common Role: DPS and Mob Aggro Bait

Clan: Chaos Undivided (Leader: Ka0sP3nguin)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDraven View Post
    They already touched this before and the answer was no, you want to play a new race you gotta start a new character.
    Could you link me?

I don't understand the aversion to playing through the content again if you want to be this new race. If you enjoy the game enough to get the dlc, playing through the missions again shouldn't be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTIDEAD View Post
    I don't understand the aversion to playing through the content again if you want to be this new race. If you enjoy the game enough to get the dlc, playing through the missions again shouldn't be a big deal.
    Yeah totally, because repeating the same old stuff but with a different race underneath that helmet is new and improved content that was talked about pre-release.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTIDEAD View Post
    The Pursuits should be Shared thru your whole Account, because redoing them all is gonna be such a friggin pain...
    But beside that, I will prolly start over if the new race is cool enough to feel worth rolling an alt.