Closed Thread

Please sell this IP to someone who will respect it.

I played D13 on PS3 and loved it. When I moved to PS4, Defiance is one of the few games I missed. So when D2050 was announced, naturally I got very excited.

Initially playing the game brought back great memories and I was immediately happy to be back in that world. I could only imagine all the new cool things that would be brought to the game. Map expansions, new races, additional story content, more Expeditions, maybe a full blown Raid or two.

We sit here almost two years later and they still have not added the missing content from D13 to D2050. This is a good game that has been severely neglected. I've never been one to say what someone should do with their property, but in this case, this IP needs to be sold to company that will respect it.

There is so much potential here that needs a good to great development studio to help it reach. A Dev who will take time to clean up the bugs/glitches, completely balance the content, and expand the world to add additional content to make this game alive and great again.

I'm sure no one will see this post. This is a vent session for a game I not only respect but like a whole lot. Some much greatness lives within this IP and it's a shame it will probably never be brought out.

I see and feel your pain. This game has always been in the wrong hands. It deserved so much more. Even with the bugs and small player base it's still a fun title but anyone attempting to enjoy it now is going to have a really really hard time and I gurantee will move onto greener pastures.

In a word "yep"

3 years ago, I suggested Bungie to Trion because they got Destiny up and running after Defiance launched and seemed capable of carrying the torch. Gamigo came up from the rear, I guess...
    https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Akina8373.png

Infractions on a soon to be dead game: priceless.

I can only imagine the potential if this IP was owned by someone else. Fix a few bugs like vehicle/player collision with silly world objects like cracked pavement or tiny rocks, tweak some rewards to be more skill/score based than RNG, properly re-skin some items like the stupid red tip on the M279 that only appears on military laser tag or toy guns, re-texture a couple of the areas that look like copy pasta to be more unique, make vehicles not drive like a boat through molasses, make it so adding a gun stock adds a graphic of a stock instead of a bayonett. The cut scenes are well done, the base game mechanic is sound it just needs to feel a little more cared about by it's owner and a little less driven to feed whales and it could be one of the best MMOs out there.

Personally, I think Trion/Gamingo takes the wrong approach to their games. It reminds me of the Ferengi in the Star Trek Universe. If The Ferengi were real, their shady business practices would turn off so many people, they would never get repeat business and would lose way more profit than anything they gained by messing customers over. With games like D2050, it's a similar issue that the short sighted goal of immediate profits turns off many players. I've been in clans that mass recruit and when new and returning players come in, they have issues with the same things that plagued D13 at launch, like the way vehicles handle, the way MoBs pop, stuck phasing, seiges not resetting, etc. The Defiance IP has a lot of great work put into it with polished cut scenes, a decent story and other good aspects. It could use a little tweaking of even just simple things like the repetitive EGO callouts and game music. What I hear the most complaints about and what frustrates me too is that the progression seems more about being a time sink with cash shop bypass than about skill and the frustration with rewards vs scoring in events and the randomness of end game things like getting a 5k (the PR of drops could use some tweaking, getting sub 4.5k drops after you have all OJ weapons gets old) shield or grenade. I played Trove and it has a similar issue with the end game being about more luck than skill with the option to cash shop for more luck. I must be the exception instead of the rule, because the way it's structured makes me want to not pay a dime of RL money. There are many real life things I can do to show off my status by spending money and I like to play games for the feeling of skill based success or just to spend some time doing something different but I guess I'm just a natural anti-whale and not the target customer of the P2W model.

Defiance is still one of the best MMOTPS ever created, yea i suggest they sell it to someone who can actually fix and update/upgrade the game, might as well just re-release the game under a different name or similar name to get the hype back i guess.

But also i never liked D2050, its missing half the content from D13 including the loot system , which is pretty awful in defiance 2050. The way the loot system is in D13 is superior. I did mention many times now, if they do shut it down make the game offline playable, at least we can play the game, leveling up, looting, single player missions, quests, storylines, free roaming. I would pay 200 bucks for this game if they made it offline playable. No joke~

8.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #8
    I see no point of asking to sell the game through the forum. Your concerns are understandable however this will not lead to any positive debates neither provide the resolution over the tread content.

Defiance 2050 was never meant to be same as Defiance. They do share same storyline and some features however originally; they were supposed to have different content.