+ Reply to Thread

Instances (coop, arena, thorn liro) not starting

I started playing again near the start of Solstice Strike and have noticed that randomly, some instances will fail to load for one character. What doesn't load appears to be random. Sometimes its a specific arena, sometimes it's coop, sometimes everything loads. Usually, my other character will have different instances that don't load that day. The coop or arena will try to start and if it's a quick match coop, it shows a failed to start error, but arenas just get stuck at the loading screen and you can still hear the NPCs in the area you were when you tried to start it. Occasionally, I can end task Defiance and come back and after a dozen or more tries, it will load, but usually that character can't load whatever instance is broken until the next server restart. Today (1/7/2021) appears to be unique, I have had both characters que T4 QM and every time it fails to start with an error. Also for 1/7, I can't get either character into any arena and looking at all the arenas, there are NO players ranked, suggesting NOBODY can get into them.

This has always been an issue. It dosnt happen all the time, but it does happen. A quick reboot usually fixes this.
    Defiance Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Guns View Post
    This has always been an issue. It dosnt happen all the time, but it does happen. A quick reboot usually fixes this.
    A quick reboot doesn't fix this and never has. This time around I am going on 4 days without being able to do any arenas to to do my dailies/weeklies. In the same 4 days I have successfully entered a coop twice with all other attempts at coop failing to start. It is beyond frustrating to be in Tier 4 matchmaking for over an hour waiting for enough people to que just to have it get stuck for 3 minutes setting up the match the giving a "matchmaking failed" error. When this is happening preformed groups of 4 can't even go into story coop instances. I've tried several times to help new people with the story coop and it will fail also.
    PC-NA SOLO Clan Founder
    Characters:Torch, Ike(In memory of late grandfather), Nita( In Memory of late Mother)

PS4-NA Hubbies N Wives Clan Founder
    Character:Torch

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Guns View Post
    This has always been an issue. It dosn't happen all the time, but it does happen. A quick reboot usually fixes this.
    This isn't true, unless you are talking about a server reboot. How can the same game install fail to load for one character, but not another if it's something needing a client reboot? How come I have 2 computers and when one character is stuck, it won't load on either computer? This appears to be some bug with a flag or timeout or something about setting up instances on the server side that has jack all to do with what the player's client computer/game install is doing.

5.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #5
    It does happen from time to time and the only way to fix it by doing a reboot. It often happens that the person who initiated or joining the instance is abandoning it in a last moment so the other gets message saying someone is in matchmaking. Also happens when someone has a bad connection so the player is not able to join because of high ping so server kinda not letting you in. This would also explain why you’re not able to join from two computers. Happens randomly so best is to get a squad through chat and then all apply through matchmaking at the same time.