+ Reply to Thread

Madera Challenge

What's the secret to the Madera Challenge race? There are many races I could crash the car and walk the course and score gold, but this course is so bad that even on a good day, when I think I've avoided all the pitfalls of oversteer, exploding Charger, roadblicking MoBs, etc I still barely get a bronze medal. On a day with lag, like today where this is also the daily contract, it would take like 12 minutes to finish the course if you waited to see the rings but even going by memory, I still can barely finish in 6 minutes, which isn't even bronze. Is there some hack people use that makes the car not explode or go crazy bouncing off barely visible terrain features or is this just a shortcoming of the game designed in so the key to success isn't skill, but rewarding the company that leaves this course broken by paying them for some virtual P2W buff?

EDIT: Sorry this is for D13.

I have reccomended adding atleast 2 mins to each of the Happy Pow races that are nearly impossible! It is on the top of my list of things to get done. The only thing that you can do is if your in a big clan you can have people at specific points keeping the road clear as you barrel through. Other than that the times should be extended for the happy power races as there is no way to be able to earn a gold let alone a bronze. These races were able to be done on D13 but on 2050 its a different story.
    Defiance Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Guns View Post
    I have reccomended adding atleast 2 mins to each of the Happy Pow races that are nearly impossible! It is on the top of my list of things to get done. The only thing that you can do is if your in a big clan you can have people at specific points keeping the road clear as you barrel through. Other than that the times should be extended for the happy power races as there is no way to be able to earn a gold let alone a bronze. These races were able to be done on D13 but on 2050 its a different story.
    Thanks for the reply. I remember it being hard to score in D13 too. It's nice to know it's on someone's list of things to fix, even if it may never be changed. I guess we just complain about the hard parts, but there are some courses that are too easy to score gold. If I were a dev, I'd get some people to run all the races and hotshots, or just pull the data on player times and scores, and change the score requirements accordingly, but that might be too much work for a game running on maintenance mode. What I noticed during the laggy times is the rings for the race may not show up, but if you hit one with a boost ring, it still refills boost so there must also be some way to make these appear more consistently. For Madera, I usually clear enemies from, but leave unfinished the roadsides on the course, but there's still the parts with random raiders spawning, especially the back stretch on the way to Iron Demon though the main problem with the longer courses like the 2 at Happy Pow and say Tour of Madera is that there are just too many things to go wrong in the allotted time.

I have some tips to help people with "Madera Heat" and/or "Madera Challenge." There are roadsides that need to be controlled to be able to score high in this run and the main ones are the 3 potential spots on the path behind the start, the one by the respawn point on the way to Kenn Farm and a couple spots near North point mine being the 3 way intersection and the spot just off the main road at the southern entrance to North Point. since the roadsides reset, without having a big group of friends just keep clearing them, the best bet is having the right type of roadsides partially finished at these points. The best one is the hellbug roadside with the 4 samples to collect where you clear all the orange eggs and spawned hellbugs but DO NOT collect any of the 4 samples. The 2nd best is the roadside with the 2 trucks with the ammo box between them and you can leave these partially done by destroying all the eggs and spawned hellbugs, but LEAVE the 3 things between the trucks unfinished. This works at some spots, where you can avoid the trucks, but if you are having trouble then just clear it and hope it re-spawns as a 4 sample roadside. There is also a chance at a hellbug or grid roadside with a kind of tree trunk in the middle and it's usually easier to just clear these and hope for a 4 sample to spawn or for it to stay clear. The 3 way intersection near north point can be trouble, but usually you can clear a few of the mobs out and leave it unfinished and just steer around what's left. The spot just off the road south of North Point needs to either be clear or be the right type of roadside because if it's a grid with the 2 trucks or some of the other types, it will wreck your chances.

Apparently, the best way to score gold is to reward the devs for leaving these broken by paying them money for the synergy and boost that raises vehicle speed, but I've been told it's possible to score a silver (you don't need gold for any pursuits, but you need silver for the Tarr Family pursuit) by cutting all the corners with the right roadsides cleared/partially cleared and staying on boost nearly the whole time. It will, of course, help to have max roller skill and also clan vehicle boost.

One thing to remember is that since there are other races that will come up for daily/weekly challenges, you can get to honored with the Tarr Family without scoring high on these and there aren't that great of rewards for sale at the Tarr vendor, so you can just skip the frustration and still get your pursuits done.

Silver is as good as you're gonna get, I think. My record is like 6 seconds off gold for the one near Happy Pow even with that paid synergy, and honestly I don't feel the synergy doing a lot for me. Like you re-iterated, silver is all you need anyways.

There's so many glitched pursuits though, that I kinda gave up trying to go for them. Well, glitched, or stupid long and difficult ones (yeah I'll just go get 600 Major Arkfall boss killshots...)
    | 4999 Power | 1285 Pursuit Rating | 27/31 Prototypes | 12/96 Flawless Synergy Crystals |

Does leveling your Roller ability help at all? Cause yeah, this is the only time trial I can't complete for the daily. A minute needs to be added to the Bronze time for sure. Or give the Roller more HP so you don't have to form a group to complete what's supposed to be solo content. Easy fixes I would imagine.