+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Defiance closure.

Unhappy Defiance closure.

The upcoming closure of both game to me is all down to Trion/Gamigo and no-one else, They can't blame the lack of players because that is purely and simply due to their continued lack of support for either game. They've simply done nothing to improve or promote the game to get players back whether it be new or old players, all they've down is gouged the player base for money. With no support or improvements to the game they wonder why players refuse to spend money to support the game. If they had shown support for the players maybe the players may have supported them. It'll be a sad day when the games close but that is all down to Gamigo I'm afraid no-one else.

2.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #2
    I completely understand that news might come as a shock but please let’s not spread your speculations about other games. We’re here to talk about Defiance, about the game that we all love. So, let’s be kind to each other and spend the dedicated time to enjoy all game features before the shutdown.

What are you talking about, there was no mention of other games just purely referring to Defiance and 2050 so there's no speculation about the other games, get your facts straight.

Some times I wonder if there's like a gas leak at Gamigo.

Then some of these "decisions" would make sense.
    https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=defiance

Gamingo's Motto: No matter how bad it lags people will still buy crap.

Farewell and stay safe everyone

I understand that Gamigo has long been synonymous with the adage of "where games go to die", but has there been any consideration for putting Defiance/ Defiance 2050 on Maintenance Mode?
    I appreciate that perhaps they're not profitable enough for Gamigo, but this system has worked for a number of other companies. One of my favourite classics, Guild Wars 1, has been in MM for years now, and still has a loyal playerbase. It saddens me that I paid for an Ultimate Edition of Defiance, only to see the game treated like absolute trash. Even if there is no more support (and let's be honest, there isn't much to go by these days anyway), I'm sure the vast majority would still want the game to be there and to continue playing it.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blippedyblop View Post
    I understand that Gamigo has long been synonymous with the adage of "where games go to die", but has there been any consideration for putting Defiance/ Defiance 2050 on Maintenance Mode?
    I appreciate that perhaps they're not profitable enough for Gamigo, but this system has worked for a number of other companies. One of my favourite classics, Guild Wars 1, has been in MM for years now, and still has a loyal playerbase. It saddens me that I paid for an Ultimate Edition of Defiance, only to see the game treated like absolute trash. Even if there is no more support (and let's be honest, there isn't much to go by these days anyway), I'm sure the vast majority would still want the game to be there and to continue playing it.
    We've been in maintenance mode since approx the last TwitchTV stream before the sale to Gamigo.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    ...the last TwitchTV stream before the sale to Gamigo.
    "Those were the days."
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Before we announce the winners please consider that due to no clear information, we couldn’t determine the winners."
    Imagine thinking a recycled event is more important than server performance in 2021.

is there an official time/minute of the close down? or it is april 29 at 00.01 am?

Farewell friends, it was a pleasure.

My steam friend code is: 73539666 Username: LLLs1ckb0yLLL
    in case you want to join me at Warframe, Destiny 2 or other games.

Cheers

Defiance: IGN: s1cKb0y - EGO: 6000 - PC NA - CLAN: REQUIEM - Founder
    Defiance 2050: IGN: s1cKb0y - EGO: 50 PR: 4999 - PC NA - CLAN: Chaos Crew - Officer
    https://www.twitch.tv/llls1ckb0ylll