+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Anyway to turn off the profanity filter for the PC version?

I just want to know how to turn it off, its not that i swear alot, those stars just annoy me. If anyone knows how to do that, that would be amazing,

thanks again for all the help that the defiance community has given me, it is nice to see a game have so many helpful people instead of trolls!

And trion thanks i love this game, even tho i play rift 4 days a week, i leave the other 3 to this game!!!

Nope. Welcome to the new age.

It's funny, a rated M game that actually censors minor curse words while NPCs can drop the F bomb.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch View Post

It's funny, a rated M game that actually censors minor curse words while NPCs can drop the F bomb.
    Hahaha, i noticed that. These dudes i was saving kept dropping it. I laughed so hard

Funny? More like ridiculous!
    Besides why substitute shtako jek etc when Cass says **** and **** anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by 4ndreas View Post
    Funny? More like ridiculous!
    Besides why substitute shtako jek etc when Cass says **** and **** anyway?
    It's not a substitute, just another option. Alien and Human swears both exist, not just one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsk View Post
    It's not a substitute, just another option. Alien and Human swears both exist, not just one or the other.
    And what's worse, Cass says **** (feces) instead of shtako in Scrapworks coop, which is the only time so far I've heard the dialogue slip for her.

I was at an Arkfall and asked the same question to I think one of the Trion devs who was in game at the time. I didn't know this but apparently it's part of the EULA. So the answer is know. The reason is because they want players to "keep a level head". I had just made a positive comment saying "damn nice dps" and it filtered damn. Oh well going to have to get use to not cursing... It will be a challenging experience ><

I'm just curious there isn't an option to turn the filter off. I mean last I checked no game rating boards (the one's that give the M ratings) actually rates "Online interaction". That and this is an M rater game, thus cussing is involved in both from the game and through the game.

I've heard her say it plenty times during the main missions.
    Platform: PC
    Character: Blackwolfe (EU)

Rolling with the Red Thugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch View Post

Indeed. Battlefield 3 has the same type of thing where player voiceover's curse all the time yet administrator on certain servers will boot any player for typing the same word in chat.

One of the first things I wanted to do when playing the game was remove the chat filter. I'm a big kid. I can handle the truth!