+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lolz at the defiance show animated hellbugs.

I realize this should be in the tv show forums but I find it hilarious that the tv show hellbugs animators did some a poor job with the CG on the show. Its downright dreadful. I know it costs ALOT of money to animate and the show being on scyfy isn't helping anything. But I personally think the bugs in the game look better than the show.

The Defiance show is being done low budget, which means things like CGI is going to be of a considerably lower quality than other, high budget shows and movies. Yes, the Hellbugs look kind of bad in the show, but it won't matter much if the show is fun to watch. Which I really really hope it is, because I love the idea.
    PSN: Jesstival
    In-game: Sludge

the textures are actually pretty good for being a budgeted tv show. animation is expensive you have to design the bugs and move them mm by mm and make them llok real and interact with the characters which is very costly to hire people to do so they did have to cut corners but they do look pretty good for the budget
    GT: TMG Sebastian Now it is: Master Sergeant

Please be sure to check out my Features/bugs/idea suggestion thread i really want the devs to see it, it will make this game EXPLODE, share input too. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?10888
    EGO RATING:[2600]

You do realize its a TV show & not real life right?
    Founder of - Banana Republic - Xbox 360

Just get really stoned and you won't notice.

If you're referring to the preview, those weren't hellbugs. The only time you get to see a hellbug is during one of the clips where Datak Tarr pulls his energy blade on them, but it wasn't long enough to actually gauge anything about them.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

Quote Originally Posted by DeMoted View Post
    Just get really stoned and you won't notice.
    This is my plan
    Removed by the Sledgehammer (keep it clean)

^^ lmao

Wait? You mean they won't have feature-quality CGI on a TV show? Stop the press! News at 11!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch View Post
    If you're referring to the preview, those weren't hellbugs. The only time you get to see a hellbug is during one of the clips where Datak Tarr pulls his energy blade on them, but it wasn't long enough to actually gauge anything about them.
    The clip i saw during the AJ review i thought was a hellbug fight. It showed numerous people fighting, then you see one guy just kinda walk towards the camera without a care in the world during a hellbug fight! Haha it hought that was hilarious, but again i only saw a sample of the fight