+ Reply to Thread

BMG, so what is DMG & Heal Charge?

Hi.

I'm wondering how these two stats affect the weapon?
    How would the weapon skill for BMG, DMG/Heal Charge -3.0%, affect the weapon
    and the same question for the "weapon mod", magazine (Fusion Conductor III = DMG Charge x1.15).

Quote Originally Posted by Von Peng View Post
    Hi.

I'm wondering how these two stats affect the weapon?
    How would the weapon skill for BMG, DMG/Heal Charge -3.0%, affect the weapon
    and the same question for the "weapon mod", magazine (Fusion Conductor III = DMG Charge x1.15).
    I've been wondering this same thing, and I have searched a variety of combinations of terms to try and find the answer. it seems like no one knows, but many people wish to speculate unconvincingly (like charging up the weapon like megaman or something).

So considering most weapons have magazine mods that either increase the magazine capacity or reduce the reload time, it seems logical to assume that BMG's two magazine mods do the same thing. The reloader one is obvious, but the Fusion Conductor says it increases DMG Charge. Now, this is strange because there doesn't seem to be one for Heal Charge. And it was never clear what the two separate DMG/Heal Charge stats even do on the weapon, or why they all seem to be between 10% to 25% depending on BMG. So if Fusion Conductor is equivalent of increasing the magazine capacity, how can it only affect DMG and not Heal? do the damage and healing functions have different capacities? It's not too clear here either because healing lasts much longer than dealing damage, even if the Charge stats appear to be the same.

Lastly, the most confusing thing is that the BMG weapon skill bonuses REDUCE your DMG and Heal charge, and many BMGs come with a natural "bonus" of reducing DMG Charge. So if the skill bonus and weapon bonus reduce DMG charge, why would you want a mod that increases it?

So my own personal speculation is that the Charge stat may determine efficiency. So, say for example if your total magazine size is "100%" then the Charge stat of 10% would take 10 seconds to deplete, or 25% would take 4 seconds to deplete it. This should be easy enough to test with a stopwatch... which I haven't tried because I haven't found such a difference in charge stats on BMGs. But still, I think this means lower Charge is better. and therefore I can't figure why you would use a mod to increase the DMG Charge unless this change in "fire rate" changes the DPS as it would with other weapons. So higher DMG charge may be equivalent to a Tachmag Pulser, fast but inefficient. But this would go back to the fact that your Skill Bonus reduces charge, something you cannot control... so you would have to assume it doesn't have a downside like reducing DPS.

Since it's not at all clear whether it's good or bad, I think the safe/smart thing to do is to go for the reloader mod, since they have the same % values. 15% DMG charge or 15% reduced reload time, the affect should be roughly equivalent in terms of the amount of damage/skill-up that can be achieved over time (like a Coop mission).

I hope someone who actually knows for sure will shed some light on this, since I've only ever found speculation which does not even address the fact that the mod affect is opposite the bonuses.

From what I can tell:

- DMG/HEAL Charge = Charge amount used per cycle of a full battery (Drain Rate).
    - Separate drain rates for DMG & HEAL from the same battery.
    - A Mag giving x1.15 DMG Charge would give 15% more battery capacity for damage.
    - A bonus roll of -0.06 DMG Charge would drop the drain rate of the Battery 6%.
    - 50% Heal charge after kill would give you half the battery drain.

Hope this helps!

XBox NA

GT: flavorblisters

IGN: Critical Errors / Liquid Sugar / TrionCelebrity/ MarketCrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Errors View Post
    From what I can tell:

- DMG/HEAL Charge = Charge amount used per cycle of a full battery (Drain Rate).
    - Separate drain rates for DMG & HEAL from the same battery.
    - A Mag giving x1.15 DMG Charge would give 15% more battery capacity for damage.
    - 50% Heal charge after kill would give you half the battery drain.

Hope this helps!
    That does help. and I admire your brevity (a skill I lack).
    The only thing that seems to conflict with that is the stat sheet of the gun itself in the compare screen. The -0.6 and the x1.15 both appear to affect the visible DMG Charge stat (I think?), which leads one to think the drain-rate and capacity are somehow both in the same stat. Then again, with other problems in the compare screen not being reliable, this may simply be a UI error.

I'll agree with you though, and proceed with that as my understanding as it makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrophia View Post
    That does help. and I admire your brevity (a skill I lack).
    The only thing that seems to conflict with that is the stat sheet of the gun itself in the compare screen. The -0.6 and the x1.15 both appear to affect the visible DMG Charge stat (I think?), which leads one to think the drain-rate and capacity are somehow both in the same stat. Then again, with other problems in the compare screen not being reliable, this may simply be a UI error.

I'll agree with you though, and proceed with that as my understanding as it makes the most sense.
    Thanks for the compliment
    I think the UI is bugged for this as well. It would be better if the charge % stat showed time instead.
    Like this:
    DMG/Charge = 60 seconds
    Heal/Charge = 45 seconds

XBox NA

Thanks for the compliment
    I think the UI is bugged for this as well. It would be better if the charge % stat showed time instead.
    Like this:
    DMG/Charge = 60 seconds
    Heal/Charge = 45 seconds
    Hey, they should hire you to fix their Stat table UIs. This would eliminate all confusion about the BMG....

Quote Originally Posted by Necrophia View Post
    Hey, they should hire you to fix their Stat table UIs. This would eliminate all confusion about the BMG....
    The Stats tables for every weapon are annoying in this game! Where's the Melee DMG stat? Why is Recoil, Bloom & Accuracy not listed correctly/separately? Bug DMG vs. DMG for the infectors doesn't update with mods. So annoying!

XBox NA

From what I can tell:

An official response from Trion would be great considering these mechanics do not work as advertised, nor ever have. These two bonuses, in particular, do not work as listed. Many players have reported how -0.06 DMG charge causes the battery to last close to 40% longer than without, this is not even close to a 6% reduction in DMG charge. Also, the x1.15 DMG Charge causes an enemy to die slightly faster than without the bonus but also causes the BMG to drain more total battery during that duration. I did some tests a long time ago and the x1.15 DMG charge saved a fraction of a second and used 10% more battery to kill the same enemy as a BMG without.

Again, an official response regarding how these stats work would be ideal as I have a feeling that most of the BMG stats are simply bugged. Anything short of that will never detail what is bad math, what is an actual bug, and what is a proper explanation of how each mechanic is supposed to work. Sadly, Trion would rather 'fix' grenades instead of working on problems that have plagues this game since launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiero Glyph View Post
    An official response from Trion would be great considering these mechanics do not work as advertised, nor ever have. These two bonuses, in particular, do not work as listed. Many players have reported how -0.06 DMG charge causes the battery to last close to 40% longer than without, this is not even close to a 6% reduction in DMG charge. Also, the x1.15 DMG Charge causes an enemy to die slightly faster than without the bonus but also causes the BMG to drain more total battery during that duration. I did some tests a long time ago and the x1.15 DMG charge saved a fraction of a second and used 10% more battery to kill the same enemy as a BMG without.

Again, an official response regarding how these stats work would be ideal as I have a feeling that most of the BMG stats are simply bugged. Anything short of that will never detail what is bad math, what is an actual bug, and what is a proper explanation of how each mechanic is supposed to work. Sadly, Trion would rather 'fix' grenades instead of working on problems that have plagues this game since launch.
    I totally agree we need a better description from Trion about this!

To clarify in a different way:
    For examples sake, (I don't base these numbers off concrete data, just speculation on my experience.)
    - A full battery would have 100 energy bursts (The bursts have separate ticks in them).
    - Each burst is 20% of the charge, giving you 5 total bursts.
    - A -0.06 DMG charge would give you closer to 7 bursts with the same DMG per charge. = Longer duration
    - A x1.15 DMG Mag would give only 4 bursts, but with higher DMG per charge. = Faster Kill rate

XBox NA