+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Defiance ep 1

Defiance ep 1

Just watched the pilot episode of Defiance. Pretty good actually... I love the connections in game.

PC - UberNinJa

Yes Loved it, had a marathon play last night on Xbox, watched episode 1, 3 times!

SYSTEM SPECS:
    • XBOX 360
    • Astro A50's
    • Elgato Game Capture HD
    • BenQ 120hz 24" Monitor

I want to fight the Volge(?) now.

I watched it twice last night. I thought it was great. The characters are a bit sketched in at the moment (you can only do so much in an hour and a half), but definitely likable and/or intriguing. Loved the scheming (especially the last reveal!) and I thought the effects were spectacular for TV sci-fi. I imagine there will be quieter episodes, of course, to balance out the budget, but I really thought the world was incredibly well realized.

Nolan and Irisa were great as the heart of the show, but there are plenty of fun character. There really wasn't anyone that hit a bum note, though some of the actors are clearly better than others. I enjoyed Doc Yewll a lot though. She got some of the best lines. Looking forward to seeing how the characters deepen and where the plot lines take them. It was interesting that E-Rep was something of an adversary (at least politically) to Defiance. I look forward to learning more about the set-up of this new world.

And yes, I want to fight the Volge too! Though I'm a little scared too...

Quote Originally Posted by jonwes View Post
    I watched it twice last night. I thought it was great. The characters are a bit sketched in at the moment (you can only do so much in an hour and a half), but definitely likable and/or intriguing. Loved the scheming (especially the last reveal!) and I thought the effects were spectacular for TV sci-fi. I imagine there will be quieter episodes, of course, to balance out the budget, but I really thought the world was incredibly well realized.

Nolan and Irisa were great as the heart of the show, but there are plenty of fun character. There really wasn't anyone that hit a bum note, though some of the actors are clearly better than others. I enjoyed Doc Yewll a lot though. She got some of the best lines. Looking forward to seeing how the characters deepen and where the plot lines take them. It was interesting that E-Rep was something of an adversary (at least politically) to Defiance. I look forward to learning more about the set-up of this new world.

And yes, I want to fight the Volge too! Though I'm a little scared too...
    I liked how they portrayed the characters. The mobster, the mine boss, the (funny) harlot, and the mayor. In a way, the cast kinda reminds me of the character interaction in Firefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandrielas View Post
    I liked how they portrayed the characters. The mobster, the mine boss, the (funny) harlot, and the mayor. In a way, the cast kinda reminds me of the character interaction in Firefly.
    Definitely. Or Farscape. Definitely a lot of fun interactions. The characters are a bit archetypal in some ways, but plenty of shows start there and deepen from there, which is what I hope will happen here. I definitely felt you got the sense that will happen. Whether that was from the writing or what the actors brought to their roles, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by UberNinja View Post
    Just watched the pilot episode of Defiance. Pretty good actually... I love the connections in game.
    where did you watch this at now?
    Reflexive Fire: Failure Drill

Quote Originally Posted by jonwes View Post
    Definitely. Or Farscape. Definitely a lot of fun interactions. The characters are a bit archetypal in some ways, but plenty of shows start there and deepen from there, which is what I hope will happen here. I definitely felt you got the sense that will happen. Whether that was from the writing or what the actors brought to their roles, I'm not sure.
    I can't believe I forgot Farscape and Andromeda as well, but yeah, I am sure their characters will deepen because it is kinda hard to get to that point with a hour and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by IGears View Post
    where did you watch this at now?
    You can watch it on Amazon.