+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shizzyfab View Post
    Am not sure if I completed all of them but the last one i did it froze on the last cutscene and I dint see no more episode missions so am guessing i finish them.
    Ouch, Hopefully it completed!

I just don't get it. Why would you have something tie in with a tv show and take it down 7 hours before the tv show airs?

Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post
    Procrastinator :P
    I like doing stuff like this last minute so I can have it all fresh. Poor design decision IMHO.

I mean I don't think I should never get my Nolan outfit just because I chose to wait heh. I also don't think I should have to be YouTube'ing the missions to catch up on what should have been left in the game until the show came on! :P I could see if it was a week after the show aired but come on, people gotta work, then we get back and missions gone? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoons View Post
    Ouch, Hopefully it completed!

I just don't get it. Why would you have something tie in with a tv show and take it down 7 hours before the tv show airs?

I mean I like doing stuff like this last minute so I can have it all fresh. Poor design decision IMHO.

I mean I don't think I should never get my Nolan outfit just because I chose to wait heh. I could see if it was a week after the show aired but come on, people gotta work then I get back missions gone lol.
    A lot of us worked all week too. We still completed the Episode missions. You deal with the consequences of your choices.

I have OCD when it comes to missions. I finish them all up in one area and then move onto the next. Luckily I managed to get all the main ones and the episodes done before today.
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-tKYp-uNYD7o/UVieKu8PSnI/AAAAAAAAAwk/MmVPacPnRIw/s960/Delli+v1.5+sig.png

Quote Originally Posted by Ikagawa View Post
    A lot of us worked all week too. We still completed the Episode missions. You deal with the consequences of your choices.
    So what do you say if the next episode mission is only available to "die hard fans" during your work hours? Deal with the consequences of being responsible? lol. It's stupid to design something this way and you know it. :P

So what do you say if the next episode mission is only available to "die hard fans" during your work hours? Deal with the consequences of being responsible? lol. It's stupid to design something this way and you know it. :P
    It's not stupid. They gave everyone plenty of warning and the missions took no time at all to do. I was responsible during the week, and I still had time to do it. Unless you were saving someone's life by pumping the air for them by hand or fending off a barbarian horde with nothing but a ladle, deal with it.

So it begins.

It's not stupid. They gave everyone plenty of warning and the missions took no time at all to do. I was responsible during the week, and I still had time to do it. Unless you were saving someone's life by pumping the air for them by hand or fending off a barbarian horde with nothing but a ladle, deal with it.
    Exactly. I got to play a grand total of an hour and a half this week and I managed to complete all the episode missions with a new female Irathient character.

I completed the episode content with my main in just a little more than double that amount of time than that and I did some main and side missions along the way.

This stuff takes place at least two weeks ahead of the show and frankly is not terribly in-depth such that keeping it fresh should really be a concern.
    Entitlement is the opposite of enchantment.
    ~Guy Kawasaki

Trion tell you to jump you jump?

I love Trion, I loved Rift, I love Defiance and I love Warfront.

But this is a stupid design. Cutting people out of content because they didn't arrange their schedule how a company told them to do so is lame.

You aren't seeing this point, which is great, but I guarantee you wouldn't sit silently if I was given bonus items and exp while you were at work, even if you were given notice.

Giving notice doesn't make this any better of a choice. It is simply stupid to take down tie in content 7 hours before the show when people have to go to a 9-5.

Quote Originally Posted by Radz View Post
    Exactly. I got to play a grand total of an hour and a half this week and I managed to complete all the episode missions with a new female Irathient character.

I completed the episode content with my main in just a little more than double that amount of time than that and I did some main and side missions along the way.

This stuff takes place at least two weeks ahead of the show and frankly is not terribly in-depth such that keeping it fresh should really be a concern.
    have a cookie?

what about the people who didn't get the game day 1? how about those of us who lost all our preorder items and decided to restart to get them back? how about those of us who ended up with a character deleted?

somehow saying "i was able to do it" doesn't seem like a fix here. lol

But this is a stupid design. Cutting people out of content because they didn't arrange their schedule how a company told them to do so is lame.

You aren't seeing this point, which is great, but I guarantee you wouldn't sit silently if I was given bonus items and exp while you were at work, even if you were given notice.

Giving notice doesn't make this any better of a choice. It is simply stupid to take down tie in content 7 hours before the show when people have to go to a 9-5.
    And how does this 9 to 5 job keep you from doing content that has been available since the game went live? That they've been telling the entire playerbase to do before it's gone?

You're whining about something you had the chance to do and chose not to.

Furthermore, Trion isn't the first company, and it won't be the last, to have time locked content. I have crap from WoW that I got back during the early days that no one that plays now can obtain. Are you going to whine about that too?

Just comes with an MMO, especially ones with live events. You had TWO weeks to complete episode content. How are you going to manage with only a single week from now on?
    Entitlement is the opposite of enchantment.
    ~Guy Kawasaki