+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Fees?

Monthly Fees?

I'm an owner of an xbox 360 and I'm wondering if there will be a monthly fee?
    It may stop me from buying the game, I have no reason to pay for monthly fees and my gold membership.

Or will it mirco-transactions, that I could handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    It may stop me from buying the game, I have no reason to pay for monthly fees and my gold membership.

There has been nothing yet said about the way for paying for the game, other then it will be a hybrid model so think maybe gw2 or a freemium game

Thats why i switched to PS3, paying for XBL Gold and other services like Netflix, Hulu+ didn't feels right i mean folks at PS3 can enjoy almost the same services on Xbox with out paying fee for there PSN.
    So as a PS3 user it won't affect me if this game adapted monthly subscription model.

I own an xbox also. I don't want a monthly fee either, but it won't deter me from buying as long as it's not too expensive.
    "I am one. They are many and We are Legion."--- Dark L3gion

Looking forward to game and show--April 2013!!!
    XBL GT: Rexx Doom

I'd pay monthly if it helps create updates and addons that expand the story on a continual basis unlike oneshot expansion packs.

I'm hoping they do it the right way and do it like Guild Wars 2, a very good micro transaction store that does not nickel and dime you to death. Plus you can't pay to win ! A monthly fee for Defiance would kill the game because Xbox 360 and PS3 users will not pay a monthly fee to play a FPS/MMO game. You better believe that too !

PS: Why do you think CoD:Elite is free now for CoD:BO2,because console gamers don't want to pay for it. You can get it here :https://elite.callofduty.com/news/xb...Fplayer%2Fhome

If there's a sub, the general market is that it is very rarely over 14.95 per month, and sometimes covers the costs for content expansions, however MAJOR expansions will still have a cost, albeit between the 39-45 dollar mark, if the retail of the original game is 60. Some games have a 9.95 sub fee with a free client download (no initial cost to the game other than a sub), with a deluxe download option that gives you a bonus perk or three.

I can understand console gamers not wanting to pay a sub, but, the MMO market has been working on a varied sort of subs for over a decade. The first console MMO I can think of was FFXI, which also had a sub, as well as a surcharge for each character slot. It's a business, with a constantly changing world, as well as integration to the show. There will be SOMETHING to cover that expense, and I'd rather a sub, than something you have to purchase each time you play. Alot of times, when it's something you have to purchase, such as tokens for content access, or paying for ammo, fuel, etc, it becomes alot more along the lines of a "pay to advance" game. At least with a sub, or even "freemium" setup, it keeps players balanced without opening up to wallet warriors.

I'm sure we'll get a chance to voice our opinion when they announce their intended marketting model, and if they see alot of "no sales" on a certain model, they'll change it. Until then, it's pure speculation and we all get high blood pressure thinking of the worst, lol
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=101211&dateline=13485  40064
    If it bleeds, we've killed it

Quote Originally Posted by Shadinaxx View Post
    If there's a sub, the general market is that it is very rarely over 14.95 per month, and sometimes covers the costs for content expansions, however MAJOR expansions will still have a cost, albeit between the 39-45 dollar mark, if the retail of the original game is 60. Some games have a 9.95 sub fee with a free client download (no initial cost to the game other than a sub), with a deluxe download option that gives you a bonus perk or three.

I can understand console gamers not wanting to pay a sub, but, the MMO market has been working on a varied sort of subs for over a decade. The first console MMO I can think of was FFXI, which also had a sub, as well as a surcharge for each character slot. It's a business, with a constantly changing world, as well as integration to the show. There will be SOMETHING to cover that expense, and I'd rather a sub, than something you have to purchase each time you play. Alot of times, when it's something you have to purchase, such as tokens for content access, or paying for ammo, fuel, etc, it becomes alot more along the lines of a "pay to advance" game. At least with a sub, or even "freemium" setup, it keeps players balanced without opening up to wallet warriors.

I'm sure we'll get a chance to voice our opinion when they announce their intended marketting model, and if they see alot of "no sales" on a certain model, they'll change it. Until then, it's pure speculation and we all get high blood pressure thinking of the worst, lol
    That why FFXI never lasted on a console

I bought a lifetime supscription to TSW because I knew I wouldn't be able to afford a monthly subscription - so I'm hoping there's a way for me to avoid it for Defiance too. If its a fee per month then I will probably just play for one month only, then cancel my account, but I want to play Defiance for longer than that.

Then its agreed by all then. The game should not charge a monthly fee but should offer a special member service in which you pay to have access to really awesome in game bonus content which includes stuff like unique armour, unique weapons, access to rare missions, bonus storyline, maybe a ingame house, special contests to win cool Defiance gear(real), as well as access to upcoming previews of all thing Defiance show/game. I'd buy that for a dollar or 20 a month