Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Truth behind Dam Defense, and the new patch FAIL. (Fastest way to level ingame.)

So, for those that don't know - Dam Defense was removed from the game because it was easy and repeatable for good rewards.

On day one of the server opening, I found this the fastest way to level and instead of blowing it open, I PM'd Sledgehammer telling him to fix it, a few hours later Dam Defense was removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Derity
    The Trial quest name is: Hotshot: Dam Defense, it is near the Muir Processing Plant in Marin.

The trial gives you a Rocket Launcher and you have to kill Hellbugs that walk down the highway.

I have found that this quest can be done in around 40 seconds - just by killing the smaller Hellbugs, then you can use the Rocket Launcher to kill yourself and you still get the Exp reward and are allowed to simply press Try Again.

I think the Scrip and the Weapon Mods are actually fine to let players repeatedly get, as I've found that repeating this for Scrip isn't really worth it - but the EXP is so rediculously high that it makes doing Co-Op missions to level up pretty pointless at the moment.

I highly recommend reducing the Exp Reward of this Trial, and other Trials like it. Or even better, leave the reward, but if you have done it already - remove the EXP, so people can only get the Exp reward from these Trials once.

Again, I hope to hear from you regarding this matter!

PS. Loving the game so far

- Derity
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Please note: The two quotes above are private messages.

In the latest patch, Dam Defense has finally returned after two weeks of it being removed from the game, however - they have ignored my advise about lowering the EXP rewards, infact they have done the complete opposite of what I recommended and they have increased the EXP reward - it now gives 2900+ EXP.

They have also increased the damage of the rocket launcher, and skitterlings are faster now so the quest can be completed even faster than ever.

I don't think I'll bother trying to report anything I think is an exploit from now on (whats the point?) I'll just blow it open and let everyone enjoy the rewards.

Have fun leveling at Dam Defense, again, the fastest way to Level up ingame. (2900+ Exp, 350 Ark Salvage, 67 Scrip per minute or less.)
    "My opinion is, my opinion, is my opinion."
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Derity
    Region: Europe

ROFL that's hilarious man, thanks for writing this up!

nice one man! lmao

hmm another xbox rager, given only 3 replies no ones cares buddy.
    Users - Crowe Ego 1052 - Hero of Paradise - PS3 User: Neodraven1 - Guild: Exodus
    NiM Boss Fight Guide: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...414#post245414
    Bullet for a Badman - Boss Fight:http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...865#post253865
    Systems Owned: Wii, Xbox360/Xbox(Vanilla),PS3/PS2/PSX,PC,N64,SNES,NES,Dreamcast

Maybe it's intentional. Since xp only gives you access to some EGO level but perk points, maybe they want there to be ways to get points quickly.

Maybe? lol

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDraven View Post
    guess you did enough to stop by...being a troll to comment on someone being a troll is kinda self-defeating, don't you think?

i thought it was funny, but i got a weird sense of humor...or just a sense of humor

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDraven View Post
    Where are you picking up rage in his post? Passive aggressive, sure, but rage? It's a valid criticism. I actually found the situation to be funny, but I do hope Trion corrects this sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrik View Post
    I have yet to understand anyone who rushes to lvl in this game. What's the point? I just play the game and enjoy the content.
    But more power to you. Maybe it's so tomorrow in school during lunch you can brag to your buddy sittin beside you eatin the square pizza that your ego rating is 5000 therefore you are beast.
    I'm certain you'll be doing the same only you'll be regaling about how you burned this bro hardcore on the boards.

Standing outside your window waiting for you to go to sleep
    Easy fix lower the exp and increase the salvage. I find its salvage that I'm always in need of. Cost 25k to add one new mod slot. And I'm. Sure that price will keep going up for me as I level highe and higher. I find myself running races and rampages or hotshots because of the quick and easy salvage but its nice to get the exp too while grinding for salvage. The arkfalls and co ops are decent too but take longer and some times I'm in a hurry

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Maybe it's intentional. Since xp only gives you access to some EGO level but perk points, maybe they want there to be ways to get points quickly.

Maybe? lol
    This is pretty much the only possibility that this would make any sense... That this is actually intended to be the fastest way to gain Levels and Ark Salvage, not too sure why they want us spamming a rocket launcher at Hellbugs, maybe there will be a Hellbug overrun or something in the show and they're trying to passively prepare us for it? lol.
    "My opinion is, my opinion, is my opinion."
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Derity
    Region: Europe