+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I have the beta on PS3, more or less it's around 6.5 GB. But I wonder on the PC, maybe higher? Anyway, I hope they sent out e-mails earlier for the PC version so that everyone can download it and enjoy playing the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by blindingglint View Post
    Wait so you've download the client for 360?

Yes Earlier today. A site was giving away beta codes (Apparently Mistakenly i.e too early) that where for the DL of the Defiance Beta.

Check out the Forum Posts Here and Here

Yeah I hope they do that,

It would help people with slow connection like me
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyn
    Hi Yonpachi,

I'm writing to let you know that we've removed the following post, and would like to take a moment to explain why. While we realize you were trying to be humourous, sexual innuendos are not appropriate for the forums.

Best Regards,

Alyn

Former Defiance Community Manager Sledgehammer70's Avatar
    You will have the ability to download the Beta client ahead of time. Just make sure you have registered for the Beta to get your invite.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer

Yep did that. Have entered 3 different codes and still no invite.

I smell cold feet..oh those are mine!

Former Defiance Community Manager Sledgehammer70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regrets View Post
    Yep did that. Have entered 3 different codes and still no invite.

I smell cold feet..oh those are mine!
    Invites have not been sent out yet... http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...Beta-3-Invites!
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
    Invites have not been sent out yet... http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...Beta-3-Invites!
    Apparently I need to L2read.

Quote Originally Posted by Regrets View Post
    Apparently I need to L2read.
    Just don't teach yourself using Arkfall codes... you'll end up all sorts of lysdexic!
    S · I · M · I · L · A · R ------ C · R · E · A · T · U · R · E · S

Just because you can't handle the truth... doesn't mean somebody is trolling!
    http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1bb9e1fb.jpg

I was messing with the numbers and I suspect even if it was 15 gigs it would take me 51 minutes or so to download at my full download speed, 5 Meg/s on a good connection but my original math suggested it was Five hours but I forgot that its doing 100 MB in 20 seconds if it is going fast enough, so it means it would do 15 gigs in less then an hour if the speed stays constant.

I am just waiting for the invite, its the 20th now and I suspect the people who make this game and watch this forum and everything are in another time zone.

Trigger Happy Ladies are a lot of Fun to watch! Revy Two-Hands would have fit right in with the world of Defiance I suspect, Fight or Die! Raise up and Defy! And take the Loot even if it is from someones Grave! Stand for something or Die for nothing! Good things learned from ANIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Avexion View Post
    I was messing with the numbers and I suspect even if it was 15 gigs it would take me 51 minutes or so to download at my full download speed, 5 Meg/s on a good connection but my original math suggested it was Five hours but I forgot that its doing 100 MB in 20 seconds if it is going fast enough, so it means it would do 15 gigs in less then an hour if the speed stays constant.

I am just waiting for the invite, its the 20th now and I suspect the people who make this game and watch this forum and everything are in another time zone.
    If it stays constant, with several people all downloading it at the same time. Not to mention, a typical internet speed test will usually clock my connection at anywhere from 5mbps up to around 12mbps depending on circumstances... yet I noticed my peak download speeds if download a solid torrent, or something not many others are downloading trickles down to about 1Mb/s... typically though around 250-500k/s. So yeah, keep in mind trickle-down, especially when considering how many people will all jam in at the same time to download the same thing. Be nice if they'd host torrent downloads of it.
    S · I · M · I · L · A · R ------ C · R · E · A · T · U · R · E · S

Just because you can't handle the truth... doesn't mean somebody is trolling!
    http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1bb9e1fb.jpg