+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts about removed episode missions

So, I have been doing a lot of thinking, and here is some new thoughts and opinions on what I think would improve and work around the episode missions and pursuits.

First, I am thinking that the episode pursuit is the latest tie-in to the game. Unlike the missions, there is no cut scenes, not a lot of info on how it really ties into the game, although it does mention that it’s supposed to be a celebration of Defiance. So I was thinking if it’s supposed to be sort of like a new holiday, make it a yearly event, sort of making it celebrate the launch of the game as well as the holiday event in the series.

Next up, removing the episode missions completely is definitely a bad thing. What I would suggest maybe to tie it into the series, as soon as season one finale airs on tv, return the episode missions again and rename them to rerun missions. I mean they did it to the main mission and just changed up the rewards for completing them, why not do the same thing with the episode missions as well?

I had another idea that would help and improve the episode missions and the game. I have read other posts of people complaining that having the old episode missions would clutter the map, here would be my idea, instead of having a static legend on the side that shows everything, it would be better to have a check-box there. I mean it would be nice to just see the things you want on the map rather than be forced to see the time trials and rampage missions when all you really want to see or find is a store.

YUP!! they should run inline not be removed! What about new players? At least put some way to view the cutscenes in game or on web site.

Like all mmos there are events that occur from Day X to Day X. I don't see the big deal. There was 3 missions you could do right after the other. While they took it out, it's not a big deal missing it if you haven't done it.

im glad tv missions have a window frame todo they arent that hard. and the rewards are pretty special. so i like how its beign handled!

Like all mmos there are events that occur from Day X to Day X. I don't see the big deal. There was 3 missions you could do right after the other. While they took it out, it's not a big deal missing it if you haven't done it.
    Actually it is a big deal since you will be leaving out alot of content for newly created characters and new players. You are losing rewards like the outfits, and also the prelude story to how Nolan actually got the crystal to begin with from the series.

im glad tv missions have a window frame todo they arent that hard. and the rewards are pretty special. so i like how its beign handled!
    Its not a matter of how hard they are, its the fact that content is being removed. Also a week is too short of a time frame. What if something happened that week and your not able to play the game. You would lose alot of the story line plus rewards that comes with it.

I think having a deadline to complete them is a good thing - it encourages people to log in and play. This isn't like a daily or something where you only have 24 hours, people were given over two weeks to do this stuff (and were warned).

Every MMO has content that comes and goes - so people missing out on things is nothing new or suprising. This is a world that has to coincide with a TV show and thus is going to develop and change with it. That means that a % of players ARE going to miss things and thats the breaks.

That said - I would like to see episode missions put back in at a later time with some replay functionality - BUT without the original awards - thus they will retain incentive for players to get them done before the next episode and those that work to that end are able to claim a unique reward.

Personally, I don't have a problem. Those are short missions and are directed at the people who watch the show. If you are watching the show and playing the game, you most likely will do the content each week.

What would be nice is if at the end of the season, they started doing "reruns" of the missions so people can still do them if they missed them

Quote Originally Posted by Shima View Post
    I think having a deadline to complete them is a good thing - it encourages people to log in and play. This isn't like a daily or something where you only have 24 hours, people were given over two weeks to do this stuff (and were warned).
    Again I repeat, what happens to those who can't log in for one reason or the other? What if your console or computer breaks? What if you have to go on vacation, or just lose the internet? What about those who haven't bought the game to wait for the price to lower or waiting for the bugs to be ironed out before buying? They get screwed because of it. Also did you think about when the dlc comes out? What if they release a new race that you want to play? Again, you get screwed out of the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavor View Post
    That said - I would like to see episode missions put back in at a later time with some replay functionality - BUT without the original awards - thus they will retain incentive for players to get them done before the next episode and those that work to that end are able to claim a unique reward.
    Incentive for players? Really?
    You know what real life is about? Incentives and dissappointments.
    I'm playing games for FUN, to turn my mind away from RL issues. The last thing I want in a game is the word MUST and things like incentives. Removing those missions and the related rewards was a HUGE mistake give the current state of the game, no matter the show did get aired already.
    I'm playing since day 1 hour 1, did finish those missions yet completely disagree with you statement.
    Just my two cents. Again.