+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Explain how synergy works

I can not find a clear cut explanation of how it works. From reading and speaking to people, this is how I "THINK" it works. If i am wrong, please enlighten me...

Synergy and what ever follows it, is a title (Synergy: Outlaw). It has nothing to do with the creation of your avatar.

This is how I think it works:

The way I figured it works is like matched armor/weapons in many RPG games. The more of the same "Named" pieces you have, the better the stats. Most Synergies have up to 4 levels.

Example:

FRC Auto-Scatter gun

Large caliber slugs instead of pellets
    Synergy: Survivalist
    (2) +2% Damage to targets with full health and shields

With "Survivalist" being the title of the perk you would need at least two of the same named perk/mods to get that effect. The weapon must share the synergy with the mods for it to work.

I am not 100% sure this is how it works. I have been unable to find anything that explains it as basically as I have tried. So if I'm wrong, please correct me. either way the information is useful.

I share in the confusion, as synergies--and mods for that matter--have very little explanation within the game. Thus far, I've gathered that applying a mod with a synergy to a weapon that already has a synergy of a different type does not stack synergies, nor does it replace the existing synergy. I've yet to figure if attaching a mod with a synergy that matches the pre-existing synergy counts as a two, or a one. Like most of this game, we've just got to fiddle with it until we figure it out for our selves.

You have 2 kind of synergy weapons: the [2] like you mentioned (need 2 of the same for the extra stuff to work.)

or the [1] [2] [3] [4]

These needs all 4 mods to be installed in order to have the synergy extras to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDZwu07aME

Actually I think on the Survivalist one (2) means you need your two weapons to both have that synergy and it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    You have 2 kind of synergy weapons: the [2] like you mentioned (need 2 of the same for the extra stuff to work.)

or the [1] [2] [3] [4]

These needs all 4 mods to be installed in order to have the synergy extras to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDZwu07aME
    And most of those mods are missing.

That was REEEEEAAAALLLY helpful! lol
    I was so lost with the 1-4 synergies.

Your terms help so much.
    The game definitely needs to update the UI to show what synergys are active (like bolding the text) and explain the 4 piece synergy mods better.

You have two types of synergy. One in the weapon and one in the mods.

In order to qualify for the synergy bonuses in the weapon you need to apply a mod that has the same synergy name. For example, Top Notch vendor weapons have the Prepared synergy, so you need Prepared synergy mods in order to activate those bonuses. As far as I know the only way to get those Prepared synergy mods is to buy the mod box from the Top Notch vendor.

Not completely positive but some synergy mods like Brutal only need that number of mods in the weapon for them bonuses. The weapon itself does not need the Brutal synergy. Not sure how many "unattached" synergy mods there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored Peon View Post
    You have two types of synergy. One in the weapon and one in the mods.

In order to qualify for the synergy bonuses in the weapon you need to apply a mod that has the same synergy name. For example, Top Notch vendor weapons have the Prepared synergy, so you need Prepared synergy mods in order to activate those bonuses. As far as I know the only way to get those Prepared synergy mods is to buy the mod box from the Top Notch vendor.

Not completely positive but some synergy mods like Brutal only need that number of mods in the weapon for them bonuses. The weapon itself does not need the Brutal synergy. Not sure how many "unattached" synergy mods there are.
    You know how or where to get these other Synergy mods? That seems to be something people are not asking... I see the rep ones and the couple you get from boxes... Where are the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored Peon View Post
    Wait what?? Is this true because that would be somewhat cool. I have no weapons with brutal synergy and no mods with any of the other syngergies my guns have...very frustrating.

There are several Synergies that do not require mods. You simply have to have two weapons with the same synergy equipped (1 main and 1 secondary) for the effect to work. These are: Hard-Boiled, Machinist, Nano-Executioner, Nano-Mastery, Outlaw, Sawbones, Survivalist, Veteran and Wrecker.

The others you have to earn/buy, then equip MODS to the weapon. As you equip more MODS(with the same synergy name), you will activate more perks. These are: Assassin, Brutal, Cannoneer, EGO Precision, Prepared, Quartermaster, Rolling Thunder, Run-n-Gun, Scavenger and Stalker,