+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Melee Weapons? =/

I keep seeing people requesting melee weapons, and I'm not sure what they think it would add to the game. Personally, if they did add them, and then had to make a sword comparable to a shotgun, because everything has to be balanced, I'm not sure I would enjoy the game as much. That's what turned me off of Fallen Earth (That and enemies drop no cash, which takes away from the game after a while)

It just annoys me when an axe does more damage than a shotgun to the face. Guess I'm picky like that.

yea balancing becomes one hell of an issue. i suppose most people want them for the way they play. would be cool running around slashing them mutants up.

but yea i agree
    Confirmed Codes: 1-90 <- here
    90-133:
    ZFR5TA - D91aqk - W72URO - 41US8B - ydbf4l - CNABZX - 6JOMJO - SZUZSY - XT4PMX - PKYLKN - 8KBMUT - JBS7QX - 7BRHNJ - TU3RJF - F3LZLK - MEBTWK - TA6NCJ - PTZ4QR - N4S9EK - 5X4WJ4 - UT7DE0 - 6VWFCI - 81HABS - HUBAZV - GEPKRJ - Q4DUBL - NC9VYK - TTDGX4 - 9C9N87 - ZZKJ2G - T76SN6 - XWRN9M - 88UPWS - NFQ7PG - 35P72U - 8UNKAD - YRE5SN - HP9X6X - C2VNDF - XQBG4H - 4HT2G9 - LYCEHY - 7P8NDC - U6Q9O7= 133 TOTAL found

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOneX View Post
    I keep seeing people requesting melee weapons, and I'm not sure what they think it would add to the game. Personally, if they did add them, and then had to make a sword comparable to a shotgun, because everything has to be balanced, I'm not sure I would enjoy the game as much. That's what turned me off of Fallen Earth (That and enemies drop no cash, which takes away from the game after a while)

It just annoys me when an axe does more damage than a shotgun to the face. Guess I'm picky like that.
    I don't want it.. they already have weapon attachments that up the damage melee does. In real life when someone has a gun you don't run up to them with a sword... you just don't.

Come join the Desert Nomads a PS3 Defiance Clan.
    http://desertnomads.enjin.com/

Need codes? Find them here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...odes-*Updated*

Quote Originally Posted by Desidus View Post
    I don't want it.. they already have weapon attachments that up the damage melee does.
    not to mention a load of perks
    90-133:
    ZFR5TA - D91aqk - W72URO - 41US8B - ydbf4l - CNABZX - 6JOMJO - SZUZSY - XT4PMX - PKYLKN - 8KBMUT - JBS7QX - 7BRHNJ - TU3RJF - F3LZLK - MEBTWK - TA6NCJ - PTZ4QR - N4S9EK - 5X4WJ4 - UT7DE0 - 6VWFCI - 81HABS - HUBAZV - GEPKRJ - Q4DUBL - NC9VYK - TTDGX4 - 9C9N87 - ZZKJ2G - T76SN6 - XWRN9M - 88UPWS - NFQ7PG - 35P72U - 8UNKAD - YRE5SN - HP9X6X - C2VNDF - XQBG4H - 4HT2G9 - LYCEHY - 7P8NDC - U6Q9O7= 133 TOTAL found

I don't want it.. they already have weapon attachments that up the damage melee does. In real life when someone has a gun you don't run up to them with a sword... you just don't.
    In real life we don't have.. It's a game.

Anyway, melee weapons would be nice, but I doubt it would work in a game like this. Maybe if they're PvE only, like those special melee weapons you can find in co-op instances.
    My YouTube - MrVuule
    I like to Vuul me some!

PS3 Defiance Gameplay, Guides & More in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuule View Post
    In real life we don't have.. It's a game.

Anyway, melee weapons would be nice, but I doubt it would work in a game like this. Maybe if they're PvE only, like those special melee weapons you can find in co-op instances.
    Yeah I know.. still doesn't stop it from seeming stupid which was my point. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight... I know I know.. you melee crazy people.. feel free to pounce now.

Come join the Desert Nomads a PS3 Defiance Clan.
    http://desertnomads.enjin.com/

Need codes? Find them here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...odes-*Updated*

I'd say if they were to put them in, they wouldn't need to be balanced. Just make a dagger do an equal damage to a pistol of that level, for instance. Things like ammo consumption and range are irrelevant and wouldn't need to be balanced in. The fact that the pistol does everything for free would be enough. Let people make their own decisions as to whether to use it; in fact, I suspect people using cloak and dash would get a lot out of it.

Seriously, though - in the world they've built, I can't imagine very many people forgoing guns to use bladed weapons. It just wouldn't make much sense.

Yeah I know.. still doesn't stop it from seeming stupid which was my point. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight... I know I know.. you melee crazy people.. feel free to pounce now.

tempting fate desidus?

was going to post what happened net but i thought it might get removed for having blood in :P
    90-133:

screw melee combat. its a shooter game.

the only time we should have melee is as a finisher when in close quaters. or as a push back / stun.

first ppl demand first person mode now you demand melee weapons.

get over it its a SHOOTER GAME = you shoot guns pew pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by kirix View Post
    screw melee combat. its a shooter game.

the only time we should have melee is as a finisher when in close quaters. or as a push back / stun.

first ppl demand first person mode now you demand melee weapons.

get over it its a SHOOTER GAME = you shoot guns pew pew pew
    name 1 shooter game that has no melee in? if not 1 shot kill at least
    90-133: