+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How to gold Hotshot: Reservoir Chickens

So I know a lot of people are having a tough time with this challenge, I was to, but I discovered something right in the middle of almost putting my controller through the wall. There's an easy way to do this quest without being a quick aim. Let me say first...ignore the flock of chickens that is let loose. You do not need to try and shoot these guys in order to get a gold in this. You only have two targets in this challenge. There's one chicken that appears on the ground and one that appears on a post a little to the left of this one. Both these chickens are never picked up by the wondering chicken grabbers. What you do is shoot the one on the ground then wait a couple of seconds and shoot the one on the fence then go back to aiming at the spot where the one on the ground spawns and shoot it. After that you wait for the one on the ground to respawn and shoot it again, wait a few seconds and shoot the one on the fence and then go back to the area where the one on the ground appears and shoot it when it spawns. Keep repeating this until you run out of ammo. You'll counter will never reset and you'll easily get gold in it. Hope this helps you out.
    Moo...I said moo.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeMoo View Post
    (...) and one that appears on a post a little to the left of this one. Both these chickens are never picked up by the wondering chicken grabbers.
    What? In PS3, they grab ALL chicken that appears on top of post.

Quote Originally Posted by ventuz View Post
    What? In PS3, they grab ALL chicken that appears on top of post.
    Well this is on the xbox. Might be different on the ps3 but look an see if there is a chicken on the fence to the left of the one on the ground that they overlook.
    Moo...I said moo.

That's great and all that but what's the green chicken for?
    creme

When God made me he broke the mold, no wonder my life sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Niurok View Post
    That's great and all that but what's the green chicken for?
    Not sure. I remember killing him a few times and noticing any difference but if I was to guess I would have to say he's probably worth more points.
    Moo...I said moo.

Doesn't work on PC. I've just tried it now.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeMoo View Post
    So I know a lot of people are having a tough time with this challenge, I was to, but I discovered something right in the middle of almost putting my controller through the wall. There's an easy way to do this quest without being a quick aim. Let me say first...ignore the flock of chickens that is let loose. You do not need to try and shoot these guys in order to get a gold in this. You only have two targets in this challenge. There's one chicken that appears on the ground and one that appears on a post a little to the left of this one. Both these chickens are never picked up by the wondering chicken grabbers. What you do is shoot the one on the ground then wait a couple of seconds and shoot the one on the fence then go back to aiming at the spot where the one on the ground spawns and shoot it. After that you wait for the one on the ground to respawn and shoot it again, wait a few seconds and shoot the one on the fence and then go back to the area where the one on the ground appears and shoot it when it spawns. Keep repeating this until you run out of ammo. You'll counter will never reset and you'll easily get gold in it. Hope this helps you out.
    Just confirmed this works on 360. Thanks.

Confirmed this works on the PS3 as well. The chicken on the post spawns slightly NE. The chicken on the ground however spawns in the middle of the circle and will path a few posts to the right. The ground chicken may not be at the post to start off, but after its killed it will start this cycle. After the count down, just watch the NE side. You'll eventually see the chicken on the post that doesnt get picked up. Good luck and thanks for the tip OP

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Nilsson View Post
    Just confirmed this works on 360. Thanks.
    No problem. Glad it helped.
    Moo...I said moo.

It does work on PC, as well. However, I have yet to get gold. Did get Bronze finally. They key is speed and accuracy. Do it as fast as possible (to keep the multiplier high) but DO NOT MISS and DON'T HIT THE FARMERS!

BTW, saw no higher point value from the green chicken in the large crowd, it is just a red herring.
    Bludwyng, ZAM Network Sr. Wikibase Admin
    Defiance: NA PC
    ZAM Defiance wiki: http://www.zam.com/wiki/Defiance