+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I am done, i am just over it

Yesterday while playing Defiance i must have died a gazzillion times fighting that Borg wanna be Nim fellow..i have used every tactic and im just over it.
    Duuno what i should do? throw Big Macs at him...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuk View Post
    Yesterday while playing Defiance i must have died a gazzillion times fighting that Borg wanna be Nim fellow..i have used every tactic and im just over it.
    I didn't really have much trouble with him, so I dunno what advice I can give. I'll try anyways though. Always keep a pillar between you and him, and take out as many clones as you can while they're still across the room. (I used an AR for this)

That is it for general advice, other than that. I would need to know how he is killing you to even try to help.
    PSN: stimulant_-

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuk View Post
    Key is to use a shield like a respark, overcharge or cloak, and a bmg or lmg. That seems to be what ppl have used mostly to beat nim.

I did it with my sporeshot but im a little crazy. I also used cloak, a respark 3 shield, and a bioblast nade to slow him down.

I used cloak, a grenade launcher and a high-dps SMG. There are 3 phases to the fight. If you dies, you will be reset to the beginning of the phase you were in.

Phase I: Big open area
    Keep moving all the time. I spammed the auto-lobber and managed to get his health down. When I ran out of ammo (or my shields were down), I used cloak and ran to one of the ammo drops. Repeat until he's dead. (Did I mention keep moving?)

Phase II: Lot of pillars
    Again, keep moving. I again used the grenade launcher, especially when his decoys appears on the ledges. (This was the easiest phase for me)

Phase III: Few pillars
    It took me a few tries to understand the strategy for this phase, but basically you should go towards the center clear pillar thing and keep him on the other side of it. He will do his yellow attack and make sure the pillar is between you. As soon as the attack is over, hit him with the SMG (or a LAW or something else that's high dps). Then run away around the pillar and repeat (and reload). Occasionally he will go inside the pillar and that's when you should run to the ammo in the corners, but keep an eye out for the rising barriers. Once you've ammo-ed up, return to the center and repeat.

Dude this is not that hard don't give up keep trying and you will feel the joy of beating him. I used cloak and an assault rifle and smg also use the roll to good effect

bmg & a good shield then you will *****slap him to hell
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post

Phase III: Few pillars
    It took me a few tries to understand the strategy for this phase, but basically you should go towards the center clear pillar thing and keep him on the other side of it. He will do his yellow attack and make sure the pillar is between you. As soon as the attack is over, hit him with the SMG (or a LAW or something else that's high dps). Then run away around the pillar and repeat (and reload). Occasionally he will go inside the pillar and that's when you should run to the ammo in the corners, but keep an eye out for the rising barriers. Once you've ammo-ed up, return to the center and repeat.
    Here is a break down of phase 3 since it its the most complex of the phases

Attack 1

Usual straight fireballs like any other phase, easy to avoid

AOE attacks

Fireball AOE

He will fire homing fireballs in all directions.
    To avoid: hide directly behind any pillar.

Ground smash AOE

Nim will teleport to your exact location then jump in the air for a AOE smash like attack. If your cought in the blast, high chances your dead.

He will do this attack in a row:
    Once until 75% health
    Twice until 50% health
    Three until death

To avoid: when he starts the attack sequence UN to the OPPOSITE side of any pillar and get at close as possible to it. When he starts doing this attack several tines, you can use one pillar to dodge them all just move to the opposite side of where Nim is and you will not take damage at all.

Spiky pillars that explode AOE

Nim will enter the shielded center of the map. He will summon a bunch of spiky pillars that will randomly appear throughout the map. Once they are all spawned, Nim will go about destroying them all and each of those spikes will explode. Also, if your too close to Nim when he detonates, you take damage.

To avoid: The spikes will be identified by a glowing patch on the ground. If your too close to a bunch of crystals, a pump shotgun ( used a grind fragger) will be able to 1 shot them. Make yourself a little hole so you do not get hit by the explosion.
    Just like his smash attack, the waves of growing spike crystals will grow to 3 waves. Be careful to avoid them.

Are you just standing still? lol

The ground smash is avoidable by jumping at the right time, no need to hide behind the pillar (especially useful because you can keep damaging him with a BMG while doing so)

I feel your pain. Spent 3 hrs getting him down to 50% final phase and I had to give it up. First phase, I eventually played swap sides with him just back and forth on one side of the arena, rolling to dodge the orange blasts. In the 2nd phase, I would lob a grenade each time the clones spawned down from the balcony. They're always in the same spot. BMG was my saving grace. Third phase was just BS. So don't let all these, "Oh he's easy, beat him first try, no deaths." a-holes get at you. I still haven't beat him. I took a couple days break from the game. I'll get him eventually.