+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PvP Structure (or lack there of)

We need some sort of separate skill level or a leader board/ranking system.

Persistant stats would be nice as well.

Otherwise other then killing time i find no reason to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by iUnR3aLz View Post
    We need some sort of separate skill level or a leader board/ranking system.

Persistant stats would be nice as well.

Otherwise other then killing time i find no reason to do it.
    This isn't CoD or BF 3... The PvP is fun to pass time or if you get bored of killing monsters or whatever. No leaderboards is kind of a nice thing, fresh and different... Makes me not really care if I don't do amazing in a game and that makes it more fun for me.
    J3T
    Yeah what’s another lifetime? Like mine?
    We all die a little sometimes, it’s alright
    Did you come to say your goodbyes to this life?
    We all hurt a little sometimes, we’re alright
    So mothers hold your children don’t you ever let em go
    There is weakness in your grip and they are holding all our hopes

Quote Originally Posted by Unsent Soul View Post
    This isn't CoD or BF 3... The PvP is fun to pass time or if you get bored of killing monsters or whatever. No leaderboards is kind of a nice thing, fresh and different... Makes me not really care if I don't do amazing in a game and that makes it more fun for me.
    Agreed, works great the way it is now, other then the disconnects.
    Read a Book
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBus4gHF1FE <----- Good stuff people, you might learn something.

You're right. It's not Cod. It's an MMO.

And every other MMO in creation with PvP has SOME sort of structure.

Instead of listing the ones that DO have it, would anyone care to fill us in on an MMO
    aside from defiance that has a "just do it for kicks" PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by iUnR3aLz View Post
    Instead of listing the ones that DO have it, would anyone care to fill us in on an MMO
    aside from defiance that has a "just do it for kicks" PvP?
    Not off the top of my head, so Id say its about time one did "just for kicks" pvp. Shouldn't reping up echelon and doing well be enough? Why does it have to tell us we're doing well, or give us something to be worthwhile pvp? Cant we just kill each other for the simple joy of killing lol. Most of the reasons I like this game are the little things they didnt do, like they didnt make pvp a part time job just to get high enough lvl/rep gear to actually be able to do anything.
    Read a Book
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBus4gHF1FE <----- Good stuff people, you might learn something.

i wish the PVP was abit more, because of at the moment. personally i find PVP outside of Shadow wars very broken, TDM is all about shotguns/ Detonators. Im not QQ-ing by any means but, TDM you have no incentives to using any weapon but those two. sure you can use a aslt/LMG/SMG and anything else, but why when you can just run up and 2 piece people like gears.

I'm just glad they still have shadow wars in the game unlike how we are waiting for them to re-introduce Capture'n'Hold. Since Shadow wars is the only PVP Mode which allows and encourages weapons outside those of which dont fall under the Buckshot/Explosives dependance.
    General Ocktavious - Founder ( Winnipeg Free Republic )
    Join Us and Strike Fear in the hearts of the bureaucracy of Earth Republic territories

GT- Ocktos
    Server- NA
    platform- x360

The pvp structure that games like cod or bf have is based for certain type of gamers. Mostly Children.

Quote Originally Posted by kniferun View Post
    The pvp structure that games like cod or bf have is based for certain type of gamers. Mostly Children.
    That is the funniest but most ridiculous and non sensible thing I have heard today.

Did you read out loud to yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by kniferun View Post
    WHOA THERE BUDDY!!!

I'm from Battlefield...

Ranked 48th on Xbox with the SG553...and after watching Defiance..and seeing it in the show...i want it in the game...

To add to the topic. Coming from Battlefield and some CoD. I heard what the PvP was like in Defiance while playing PvE and after hearing its all about Sawed Offs and Ground Pounders I pretty much instantly wrote it off as broken PvP. After going to a shadow war and watching the fight I was really interested...until I saw a bunch of kids running people over with ATVs. Though I will eventually attempt a shadow war (while most likely screaming orders at incompetent players). To me this game is mainly PvE and I am glad there are no PvP zones and I hope it stays that way.
    Gamertag - Ralron
    IGN - Katyusha
    EGO - 3,1**

"If you have ammo, you shouldn't" - Ralron