+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Weapon damage is client side... So is vehicle speed, etc. Way to go Trion, way to go.

I am a big fan of Lexinator's Defiance guide since it helped me start out and answered a lot of question that Trion never did. Now the same guide also explained why there are so many hackers plaguing my PvP matches.

He actually has videos in his guide that blatantly show people hacking. Shotgun damage for 800000 HP, AR pulses instantly killing Monarchs, etc. It's all very funny if it wasn't so sad. There is no actual hacking methods mentioned in there, just some very hilarious videos.

Trion, in this day and age how could you make weapon damage client side WITHOUT putting in any checks for max damage? Come on guys.

Also you do realize that you nerfed weapons based on hacked damage, right? Don't you have some way to check these things? I would really like an official Trion response.

Following some of those YouTube links I also spotted a video of a car zooming over the landscape because vehicle speed is also client side. What exactly does the server do in Defiance Trion? Does it even store our characters or will we eventually find out that they too are encoded and hashed somewhere on our hard drives?

As it is, there is no point in playing. Arkfalls and PvP are both dominated by hackers, and there is no incentive to do random events since they no longer give keys.

Even running a co-op dungeon I was grouped with a hacker that was instantly killing everything with his infector... Will those get nerfed again now? Because hitting a mob for 9 million damage with a homing weapon is quite OP.

Finally, any chance we can get some more incentive to PvP and do random events? As it is, one PvP match lasts longer and gives less rewards than doing a much faster PvE mission.

Well put. It seems foolish to have these things client side. I too am interested in any official response you get. Please share should it ever happen.
    -Fox

GT: Arctic Fox III

Dead Rabbits:Recruiting Elite, Mature Ark Hunters
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...Are-we-for-you

That makes so much sense. Holy crap the guy shotgunning player after player from such a huge distance had to be reported as a hack right? I really hope those people don't go on the forums and complain about shotties being OP.

Seriously Trion, get your shtako together and sort this out 20 minutes ago...

They can't even put out a proper patch you expect them to get rid of the baddies...

At least on 360 the hacking will be somewhat less, but I'm sure it'll happen anyhow.
    Entitlement is the opposite of enchantment.
    ~Guy Kawasaki

Quote Originally Posted by Radz View Post
    At least on 360 the hacking will be somewhat less, but I'm sure it'll happen anyhow.
    This, I play a lot of PC games and would typically only get an MMO for PC but I've become so frustrated with all the hacking that I decided to give the old Xbox a shot at it. Hopefully this will end soon...
    -Fox

GT: Arctic Fox III

Dead Rabbits:Recruiting Elite, Mature Ark Hunters
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...Are-we-for-you

Reading from one of the paragraphs:

I also don't understand why so many people are calling for weapon nerfs when it is so obvious that they are being killed with hacked weapons. A shotgun should NOT be able to one shot a player from more than a few feet away (and even then only if that players perk selection is poor), and an infector should not be able to take you down in one homing shot since their damage is incredibly low. This really is common sense! Yet people still go on the forums and argue with everyone else that weapon XXX is too OP. Trion in turn responds by nerfing said weapon.
    I hope Trion realize this & put this into consideration before nerfing any weapons from now on before said weapons become useless in PvE. There're a whole lot more of the game that need to be fix & now they have to deal with hackers as well? That's MMO I guess. I just hope that Trion will curb this issue before the game become totally unplayable. By then, I just rather see the game die but let's just hope it doesn't have to come to this.

The development /management conversation goes something like this:

Manager: "Will we get pvp in on time?"

Lead Dev: "Only if we put critical data client side"

Manager: "Whatever just get it in"

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
    This, I play a lot of PC games and would typically only get an MMO for PC but I've become so frustrated with all the hacking that I decided to give the old Xbox a shot at it. Hopefully this will end soon...
    Like I said, I'm not so naive as to think it can't/won't happen, but I can confirm that I personally have not seen anyone hacking (at least noticably so). I've done several Arkfalls and none of them have spontaneously combusted or anything.

Now, I've also not played PvP yet (I only get a couple hours a week so I tend to stick to questlines or an Arkfall if it's close) and I imagine (especially on 360) that's where most hackers would hang out.
    Entitlement is the opposite of enchantment.
    ~Guy Kawasaki