+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What's the defiance endgame?

I'm done with the main story, what do I do now..

I've done some PvP, it's fun but a little repetitive, PvE dongeons are pretty fun but it feels like a single player game cause I'm dong the most by my self and you're never talking to the others. The "rifts" with hellbugs are SOO repetitive and take crazy long time to complete and all of these just grants trash loot. The chat is totally dead, never had a conversation even thou I tried (level ~400).

I'm just wondering, have I mist something, arena, rated PvP, raids, Tiers?

No, there really isn't much.

I personally find the game best viewed as a "disposable" MMO that exists as a companion piece for a TV show. To be put aside when there is no new content.

I find it a quite enjoyable prospect as it allows me to play other games without feeling guilty about playing, but it still gets me logging in every once in a while.

Game is incomplete (especially the PvP). More stuff is coming. If need be go play something else until the next content patch drops, they don't even have player stat tracking or clan functionality fully operational yet.

None, whatsoever. You can replay main story-line that's it.

I'm abit concerned about this myself. Don't get me wrong I didn't come in thinking this was a RPG. If anything I expected scaling like a shooter. Black ops or Halo on a massive scale. I figured the meat of this game would come from competitive game modes like shadow wars. But now that I can score decently on these on a regular basis they're starting to become more dull. There is no ranking matches or over competitive mode at all. Nothing really to strive for and aim to be the best at on the PvP front. And on PvE where I do feel like most of the RPG aspects of the game reside. There is no tiered items or progressing raids, again there's nothing that's that hard to reach or attain. Nothing to work towards long term. So if this game can't be compared to a competitive shooter or a massive RPG progression. Then what's really left to work towards? What keeps me coming back week after week for long periods of time? I mean a game like Global Agenda(which i know is far from perfect) kept me engaged for months trying to level and unlock everything. To become a better player with better options. I love defiance. I really do, I enjoy a good grind from time to time so long as the pay off is worth the time invested. Aside from an arbitrary ego ranking number and a few outfits I don't have yet, there really isn't much left for me to do in this game. And that makes me a sad fan boy
    GS* - Proud member of Gunslinger Gaming
    http://www.gunslingergaming.com

XBL Gamertag - Hermit Grimm
    (if you plan to randomly add me, just make sure you add that you're from Defiance.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Grimm View Post
    I'm abit concerned about this myself. Don't get me wrong I didn't come in thinking this was a RPG. If anything I expected scaling like a shooter. Black ops or Halo on a massive scale. I figured the meat of this game would come from competitive game modes like shadow wars. But now that I can score decently on these on a regular basis they're starting to become more dull. There is no ranking matches or over competitive mode at all. Nothing really to strive for and aim to be the best at on the PvP front. And on PvE where I do feel like most of the RPG aspects of the game reside. There is no tiered items or progressing raids, again there's nothing that's that hard to reach or attain. Nothing to work towards long term. So if this game can't be compared to a competitive shooter or a massive RPG progression. Then what's really left to work towards? What keeps me coming back week after week for long periods of time? I mean a game like Global Agenda(which i know is far from perfect) kept me engaged for months trying to level and unlock everything. To become a better player with better options. I love defiance. I really do, I enjoy a good grind from time to time so long as the pay off is worth the time invested. Aside from an arbitrary ego ranking number and a few outfits I don't have yet, there really isn't much left for me to do in this game. And that makes me a sad fan boy
    i think i read these same exact threads on the borderlands 2 forums .. sigh give it time im sure they will have plenty of stuff to do.
    me and my clan play multiple games so if we get a lull in one we go to another for a while, it really helps with getting burnt out.

Finish pursuits, do contracts for rep, collect guns, get your ego rating up. GRIND MOTHA FCKA GRIND!
    Character: Essabella
    Account: Enabrim

www.YouTube.com/User/iBluAirJgr

its called all those pursuits man there hard as hell to collect all 100%

For we make a stand for what we believe. You never fight this war alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Banza View Post
    I'm done with the main story, what do I do now..

I've done some PvP, it's fun but a little repetitive, PvE dongeons are pretty fun but it feels like a single player game cause I'm dong the most by my self and you're never talking to the others. The "rifts" with hellbugs are SOO repetitive and take crazy long time to complete and all of these just grants trash loot. The chat is totally dead, never had a conversation even thou I tried (level ~400).

I'm just wondering, have I mist something, arena, rated PvP, raids, Tiers?
    Last time I checked "Endgame" in pretty much every MMO is repetitve - daillies (of various varieties quests, dungeons, PvP), farming the same instances you have done a million times before, maybe do a raid if it is not locked, which like other instances is fun intially, yet soon enters the realm of repetitiveness, if the game has level cap progression or weapon progression, grind that, all-in-all, very repetitve.

I don't really care about doing all the Pursuits or re-doing the storyline, so I'm just setting Defiance to the side for a bit. The best part of buy-to-play? You can always come back later.