+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PaytoWin?

PaytoWin?

It has been mentioned that bits which can only be purchased with cash can be used to buy weapons shields and stuff; kinda sounds like happy wars sure its free but if you dont have a badass weapon or armor your going to continually get one shotted

Anyone else worried about this or know how are they combating it?

I'm pretty sure anything you can buy has an equivalent option in the game, buying it just a shortcut, but we won't know for a while. It may be that those items are only cosmetically different, or slightly different, like, faster reload but lower capacity. Some people might like it but it shouldn't give a clear advantage, and really, unless you're doing heavy PvP, you should be fine with the items you earn.

even if you can buy the strongest or best sniper of the game, if you go in pvp with it but you suck at aiming and a guys with the survivalist sniper keep headshoting you before you can kill anything , well i guess your super sniper that you bought is worthless . it still a skill base game not like happy wars where it gear base , so as long you have super premium item, you can only use X to kill everything =P

Some purchased gear might also have special requirements that make it so yes, you can buy them, but no you can use them at level 1. And in game found stuff might be overall better no matter what, and the Bits Bought gear might be just a crutch if your getting bad drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Snarf View Post
    It has been mentioned that bits which can only be purchased with cash can be used to buy weapons shields and stuff; kinda sounds like happy wars sure its free but if you dont have a badass weapon or armor your going to continually get one shotted

Anyone else worried about this or know how are they combating it?
    Aww good ol' happy wars. Love me happy cards ^^

I will be mostly PvE, so PvP gear doesn't appel to me.
    Showing off the art of video game and having fun: http://www.youtube.com/HDGaminLIVE

This is a very common practice in a lot of MMO's that are free, you get access to the whole game for free. But super special rare weapons or armors and things like XP+ for x amounts of days, will cost money. That being said, does not mean it surpasses the gear that drops in game.

Nobody is forcing you to buy them, and none of it is needed to win at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by elquietone View Post
    This is a very common practice in a lot of MMO's that are free, you get access to the whole game for free. But super special rare weapons or armors and things like XP+ for x amounts of days, will cost money. That being said, does not mean it surpasses the gear that drops in game.

Nobody is forcing you to buy them, and none of it is needed to win at the game.
    But Defiance isn't free.

Lineage Co-Leader
    "The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"

Sledge said in another post in the general section that the best weapons in the game will not be obtainable through the cash shop and will have to be earned in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonerayman View Post
    Sledge said in another post in the general section that the best weapons in the game will not be obtainable through the cash shop and will have to be earned in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalm View Post
    Some purchased gear might also have special requirements that make it so yes, you can buy them, but no you can use them at level 1. And in game found stuff might be overall better no matter what, and the Bits Bought gear might be just a crutch if your getting bad drops.
    I think this is worth reposting. Given, this is ME saying it, but I think its a reasonable assumption.