+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Overcharge Ego Builds

Hi All,

I've been trying to find some recommended overcharge builds but have been unable to find any. So thought id ask the community here what builds they are currently using?

So please post your build if you can! (http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/)

Thanks!

The page makes you allocate upgrade points instead of filling perkslots?
    And Scavenger isn't unlocked by default.

For only ever using Overcharge this is all you'll ever need.

Overcharge.
    Cellular armor
    Killing spree
    Overload
    Killing machine
    Quick charge

That's my build so far. I'm still refining it and I'm sure in future it will change but for now that's it.
    <a href=http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/filthymonkeyuk/image_zpsc343cd21.jpg target=_blank>http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/...psc343cd21.jpg</a>

I squeeze on the trigger like I squeeze on a C cup

www.2old2play.com

You need the perk where you get 50% reduced damage when your shield pops.. its really glorious.

Here's my build, focusing on explosives. The key is to have a resparc shield that is low on actual shield rating but super quick to start recharging. That way the Risk Taker perk pops more frequently since you will lose your shield faster, but you use Thick Skinned to kind of overcompensate for that. Then a lot of the perks focused on reloading work well because you're using an explosive which has a small mag anyway, so everything combined you are swimming in overcharge. It's too bad you can't have 10 perks though because I constantly want to add Deadly Cascade to the mix.

http://defiance-central.com/ego-calc...100a-&start=18

Just posting builds can't really describe it's usefulness as certain builds have to match your weapon choice and playstyle, also weapon effects can alter your builds as well. My overcharge build is tailored to suit my orange FRC smg, it has toxic damage, 44 clip, 15% grenade recharge on crit kills. I have full overcharge and the following perks -

Killing machine - increases overcharge duration
    Quick charge - reduces recharge time of overcharge
    Gunslinger - Deal more crit damage while firing from hip (near cloak power in ego grid)
    Overload - while overcharge is active you reload faster
    Pumped up - fully reloading a weapon recharges your ego power (near Decoy on ego grid)

With this load out I get extra damage from hip firing with my smg and I play up close and fire from hip mainly. With the smg fast firing and needs reloading quite often, it combines well with "pumped up" and I get overcharge recharged fairly quickly. Also when overcharge is up I can keep up a fast stream of bullets due to "overload" reloading my weapon faster. And they combine with the extended duration and faster ego recharge perks, which makes me able to use overcharge fairly quickly and frequently. With this set-up I can top arks and co-op's quite often.

some interesting builds so far thanks. What would you reccomend for someone who likes to use snipers and assault rifle combination? I just get bored using explosive weapons.

For a true DPS class, use overcharge with a LMG and a Mazu Blast Rifle. Use Bloodlust, Killing Spree, Quick Charge, Killing Machine, and Preparedness. Use the remaining perk slots to allocate defense, HP, and reload reduction. This build allows you to put hell a damage into an enemy and also focuses on getting OC back as quick as possibly. Start with your Mazu and go OC. Empty the clip and switch to the LMG. Empty that clip. Each kill grants you bonus time because of Killing Spree and your time is maxed thanks to Killing Machine. Switch back to your Mazu and it reloaded in your pocket thanks to Preparedness. Empty that clip. If you still have time, switch back to the LMG and continue firing. Probably will have to reload soon though as the LMG might not be at full capacity. When you run out of OC, keep dealing damage as Quick Charge reduces the recharge rate and Bloodlust also reduces recharge time form damage dealt. This build works good with a pump action shotgun and a sawn off shotgun as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrobusto View Post
    For a true DPS class, use overcharge with a LMG and a Mazu Blast Rifle. Use Bloodlust, Killing Spree, Quick Charge, Killing Machine, and Preparedness. Use the remaining perk slots to allocate defense, HP, and reload reduction. This build allows you to put hell a damage into an enemy and also focuses on getting OC back as quick as possibly. Start with your Mazu and go OC. Empty the clip and switch to the LMG. Empty that clip. Each kill grants you bonus time because of Killing Spree and your time is maxed thanks to Killing Machine. Switch back to your Mazu and it reloaded in your pocket thanks to Preparedness. Empty that clip. If you still have time, switch back to the LMG and continue firing. Probably will have to reload soon though as the LMG might not be at full capacity. When you run out of OC, keep dealing damage as Quick Charge reduces the recharge rate and Bloodlust also reduces recharge time form damage dealt. This build works good with a pump action shotgun and a sawn off shotgun as well.
    Are you theory crafting? LMG and Mazu draw from the same ammo pool.
    PSN ID: Xx-Fang92-xX - PS3 NA

Scavenger is unlocked by default if you pre-ordered on steam. That way you can pick another ego power and still reach overcharge pretty easily (via scavenger).
    Platform: PC
    Character: Blackwolfe (EU)

Rolling with the Red Thugs!