+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lockbox = waste of time

So ive opened several level 4 lockboxes over the course of time since the game has been released. I have NEVER gotten anything worth keeping. in fact SEVERAL timesi have recieved identical copies of something i already had in my inventory which had better stats than the one in lockbox. These lockboxes are a JOKE!!!! which also makes KEYCODES A JOKE since as far as i can tell thats all they are used for is buying lockboxes full of junk. this in turn also makes converting ARKFALL SALVAGE into keycodes A JOKE!!!

even if you sell all items you get from a lockbox you dont get back the scrip you spent to get the lockbox.

I wouldnt even bother buying them if i didnt max out of keycodes. i dont know why i bother tho its just a endless cycle of wasting time and buying junk to resell at a loss

seriously if i am missing out on something please tell me cause I really like this game and it has a ton of potential but the more i play it the more pissed off i get at the level of FAIL we are quickly approaching.

also to think that they even offer these things for bits/real money is honestly appalling and very low of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PIRATEorNINJA View Post
    So ive opened several level 4 lockboxes over the course of time since the game has been released. I have NEVER gotten anything worth keeping. in fact SEVERAL timesi have recieved identical copies of something i already had in my inventory and had better stats. These lockboxes are a JOKE!!!! which also makes KEYCODES A JOKE since as far as i can tell thats all they are used for is buying lockboxes full of junk. this in turn also makes converting ARKFALL SALVAGE into keycodes A JOKE!!!

even if you sell all items you get fro ma lockbox you dont get back the scrip you spent to get the lockbox.

I wouldnt even bother buying them if i didnt max out of keycodes. i dont know why i bother tho its just a endless cycle of wasting time and buying junk to resell at a loss

seriously if i am missing out on something please tell me cause I really like this game and it has a ton of potential but the more i play it the more pissed off i get at the level of FAIL we are quickly approaching.
    I always buy the top level lockbox and have gotten several useful items from them.

I have gotten some useful upgrades, but. Yet to see an orange weapon. But most of what I get gets salvaged.

Welcome to the definition of random rewards. If everyone always got what they could use, then everyone would have what they wanted pretty quickly.

You get the codes while playing. Since they cap out, you might as well use em. The Scrip part is easy enough to come by. I've gotten a few good things from boxes.

But I wouldnt reccomend spending bits on them.

i know its supposed to be random, but i would think i would get at least one good item from 10 lockboxes. thats not a very good percentage of "reward" its more like a punishment.

This reminds me of those PvP bags at the start of TOR. Same system as this, they had PvP Comms they used to buy "bags" which had a random chance to provide the best gear. Everyone hated it. Some people got the best gear in a week while others it took months, if at all.

Random rewards are always bad. I wouldn't mind if there was another way to acquire epic weapons like from co-op boss fights or really hard NPC's at a certain location have a small chance to drop an epic item as well as lock boxes.

Statistically, you're far better off buying T3 lockboxes than T4.

Friend in opening week got an Orange from each level. 2, 3, and 4. He was like Ego 200 lol so they all had no mod slots on them and little synergies.

Im waiting to max my weapons to 20 before dropping keys on lockboxes. I use my keys for mods right now and am holding onto them till i can find a gun that i have maxed @ 20 to place them into.
    For you video viewing pleasure
    Friday Livestream Video Archives | Xbox Game Foootage | Beginner's Guide Video
    TrionWorlds Livestream Friday Extravaganza | IGN's Xbox Gameplay Walk Through | Beginner's Guide

Questions for Live Stream? You can post them here!
    Friday Livestream Question Compilation

Suggestions on gameplay? Create a Thread here!
    Suggestions Welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by PIRATEorNINJA View Post
    So ive opened several level 4 lockboxes over the course of time since the game has been released. I have NEVER gotten anything worth keeping. in fact SEVERAL timesi have recieved identical copies of something i already had in my inventory which had better stats than the one in lockbox. These lockboxes are a JOKE!!!! which also makes KEYCODES A JOKE since as far as i can tell thats all they are used for is buying lockboxes full of junk. this in turn also makes converting ARKFALL SALVAGE into keycodes A JOKE!!!

even if you sell all items you get from a lockbox you dont get back the scrip you spent to get the lockbox.

also to think that they even offer these things for bits/real money is honestly appalling and very low of them.
    do you know what RNG is?
    Bongrippa <- PC NA
    VBI Sniper Rifle
    VOT Blast Rifle (TACC Invader when inebriated)
    Overcharge (Cloak when inebriated)

Freight Yard